Seattle Emeralds NHL Concept

johnnysama

Seattle%20Emeralds_zpsyo1pcptw.png

And now, my entry into this "Seattle NHL team" uniform design thread.

I chose the name Seattle Emeralds, after the city's nickname, "The Emerald City" I was largely inspired by the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughrider uniform worn from 1967-84 (which was in turn, inspired by the 1966-69 Philadelphia Eagles uniform); and I thought shoulder and sleeve stripes would convey a sense of speed.

This is my first-ever foray into designing team uniforms. I hope you like what I have here.

UBwef0L.png

Nice idea for a name. The design seems a little too simplistic for the NHL, though. I'd add some striping on the hem, add some more angle/depth to the logo, and utilize the color scheme a little better. Implement some black into the jerseys, make the striping a little bolder, and really add some character to it all. The current striping pattern isn't bad, and it'd be really unique to see in the NHL today, but it's just too bland to truly be an NHL jersey.

And just a little note on the overall execution, I'd make the logo a little smaller on the jerseys. Nice work, overall. Some smaller improvements and this would be a REAL solid concept.

Needs some hem stripes, IMO. I like kelly and white for Seattle, but maybe you could have different shades of green (like the logo) on the jersey between the striping.

• 1 month later...

5aXHasC.png

After a couple of months, and taking some of your suggestions into account, I've made a few changes to the concept.

1) The jersey crest has been shrunk by 30%.

2) I added hem striping, which is in the form of the "Northwestern-style" sleeve striping used by the classic Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions jerseys.

3) The "double-double" striping pattern on the shoulders and sleeves based on the Saskatchewan Roughriders classic jerseys has been tweaked slightly, and....

4) I added the road socks as well.

What do you guys think now?

UBwef0L.png

Archived