Classic/Traditional High School Football Uniforms

A unique helmet design comes from New Market, AL, with the Buckhorn Bucks. I am not familiar with their history or on-field success, but the antler helmet design is something I've never seen before, despite the fact that the navy and yellow colors are reminiscent of the Michigan winged helmet.

18278434-mmmain.jpg

buckhorn.jpg

1 minute ago, bluegrasswildcat said:

A unique helmet design comes from New Market, AL, with the Buckhorn Bucks. I am not familiar with their history or on-field success, but the antler helmet design is something I've never seen before, despite the fact that the navy and yellow colors are reminiscent of the Michigan winged helmet.

18278434-mmmain.jpg

buckhorn.jpg

Reminds me of the old Rhein Fire helmets.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here is the Rhein Fire helmet.

21802c1_lg.jpeg

I didn't even remember NFL Europe ever existed, but I was extremely young when it did, and the only knowledge I ever had was on old versions of Madden.

Another Kentucky high school I was hesitant to include on this thread is the Beechwood Tigers of Fort Mitchell, KY near Cincinnati. The Clemson tiger paw is far too common among high schools across the country, but Beechwood finds a way to make it their own with their red and white color scheme. Their USC shoulder stripes and names on the back of jerseys give them an iconic feel, maybe because of their dominance of 1A football in Kentucky for what seems like forever. Overall, they still maintain an extremely clean look.

94be2b5e-aa2d-438a-8764-614ff8c3370b-Bee

Beechwood

The team in the last picture playing against Beechwood is Hazard High School in Eastern Kentucky. The Hazard Bulldogs are another small school powerhouse in 1A, winning a state title a few years ago. Their gold helmets and "H" logo are very identifiable as well as their navy and gold jerseys.

5babea93dd1d8.image.jpg

HS-Football-Pikeville-vs-Hazard-BM.jpg

On 11/24/2018 at 1:28 PM, bluegrasswildcat said:

18278434-mmmain.jpg

buckhorn.jpg

I feel like those decals are upside-down...

Archived