Cleveland Indians Unveil New Uniform, Cap for 2019

VDizzle12

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the red jersey. I always thought that should’ve been the color for them to embrace. 

Not too crazy on the CLEVELAND navy. It looks just like Boston’s alternative and has all the same issues, it’s empty with no life. 

XM4KeeA.png

That new navy jersey is a dud. The ultra-traditional wordmark doesn’t work with an alt, and why no trim? Big fan of the red jersey and new hat, though. 

Also not mentioned here, but confirmed elsewhere: The all red/navy C hat is done. Too bad. I thought that worked with the home white jersey.

That blue jersey is rough, for a bunch of different reasons -- particularly because you'll have a red block C that's not outlined on the cap and a red block lettering that is on the jersey. Also because it takes the best look out of commission (navy at home with red bills and sleeves/accents).

Red looks better on the Tribe than I thought it would.

Wish they'd flip the red/blue on the road jersey and just wear the red-billed caps full-time.

Mostly glad the all-red cap is done.

The ASG branding is so bad.

6fQjS3M.png

Cleveland Indians Unveil New Uniform, Cap for 2019

November 19, 2018 - 15:25 PM

The Cleveland Indians have just unveiled the cap which will replace Chief Wahoo as well as a new red alternate uniform for use in the 2019 season. First the cap, designated as their home cap it’s just a straight-up switcheroo […]

Read More...

I can dig it. It’s a nice take on the 1940s/50s caps:

mens-american-needle-1948-cleveland-indi

A white outline would improve it, but it still works. The red jersey is fantastic (something they should embrace), while the navy jersey got a big upgrade. I only wish that the red jersey used the “Cleveland” wordmark, but that’s for mod edit reasons.

The ASG identity is basura, but we’ve already gone over that.

Like the new cap, like the red alternate, and then they :censored: all over us with the tweak made to the Navy alt. What exactly was wrong with the old one besides Wahoo on the arm? Seriously? 

Anyways, I hope the red billed cap gets worn often cause it looks great, even without a outline. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

That new blue jersey looks like a batting practice jersey from the 80's. Since Cleveland ditched the creams that red jersey was the best option out there for them. Everything else looks pretty much like I thought it would. Now I'm hoping nike doesn't do to them what they did to the Browns.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, msu said:

I assume the numbers are staying the same, right? With the block C being emphasized, I think Cleveland should be wearing the numbers the Nationals currently wear. And the Nats should get rid of them.

vs7BSoy.png

Those numbers aren't really close to the block C though. The only thing in common is the top serifs.

The block C actually has more angles and no bottom serif.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, msu said:

I assume the numbers are staying the same, right? With the block C being emphasized, I think Cleveland should be wearing the numbers the Nationals currently wear. And the Nats should get rid of them.

They'll most likely keep that standard block number. I think the Nationals numbers should be used by more teams though. Since they tossed out the bevels they aren't exceptional except for the fact they are the only team wearing them.

14 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

Too many white outlines.

Without them the red and blue get muddies up. 

38 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

That new navy jersey is a dud. The ultra-traditional wordmark doesn’t work with an alt, and why no trim? Big fan of the red jersey and new hat, though. 

Also not mentioned here, but confirmed elsewhere: The all red/navy C hat is done. Too bad. I thought that worked with the home white jersey.

I wonder if the plan is to wear the red caps with these to make up for that. Probably not but it would look better. 

21 minutes ago, selby56 said:

Not a fan of the red jersey or the updated navy alternate. Both look like practice jerseys to me. 

I'm a fan of the red, but not the blue jersey. That blue jersey would have been better left on the cutting room floor. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Without getting into the usual unsolvable Indians argument -- I am, of course, talking about whether they're a red or blue team -- I think I agree with the general consensus here. I was never crazy about either block C cap but I think the navy crown/red brim helps it a lot. Red alt looks pretty good; navy alt is quite bad. I don't understand these color alternates that don't have any trim whatsoever. Look at these two alts side-by-side -- as minimal as the trim is on the red jersey, it improves the jersey considerably compared to nothing.

And that stupid guitar logo is going to drag down everything next year.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

And that stupid guitar logo is going to drag down everything next year.

Yup.  And what happens after that?  No sleeve patch at all?  I won't accept the block C in a roundel as a replacement for Wahoo either, but I'm sure that's what's coming.

5 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Yup.  And what happens after that?  No sleeve patch at all?  I won't accept the block C in a roundel as a replacement for Wahoo either, but I'm sure that's what's coming.

I'm betting this is a one-year stopgap to the Nike redesign of everything in 2020.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived