Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

2 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

El Paso Chihuahuas introduce new alternate logos

November 16, 2018 - 23:42 PM

Chihuahuas-header.jpg

In many ways, the arrival of the El Paso Chihuahuas in 2014 signaled the full arrival of the era of the wacky minor league logo. They weren’t the first, but they became the poster team, the mascot everyone pointed to […]

Read More...

Do we really need “EP” twice in that logo? 

Besides, looping them together to read “PEPE” over and over again is a very bad look.  

• Like 1

I really liked the old now-old Nashville look, although I think it took a big hit when they changed away from the orange. Nevertheless, it was definitely one of my go-to hats (green and yellow stick out more). The new look is also great, obviously going for a different character. 

Is it weird that we've heard nothing from Las Vegas so far?

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 6:45 PM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Chihuahuas-header.jpg

In many ways, the arrival of the El Paso Chihuahuas in 2014 signaled the full arrival of the era of the wacky minor league logo. They weren’t the first, but they became the poster team, the mascot everyone pointed to […]

Read More...

I'm really confused by what's going on around the dog's eye. Either I'm just not seeing it, or there's definitely something off there.

And I totally assumed their mascot was named Pepe.

Edit: Nashville went from one gorgeous identity to another. I wish they could have two teams, just so both of those looks get to exist.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2018 at 9:15 AM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Nashville Sounds singing a different tune with new logos

November 16, 2018 - 14:10 PM

sounds-logos.jpg

Four years after their last major rebrand, the Nashville Sounds overhauled their brand once again. The “remastered” Sounds look is a departure from the wackiness that has defined minor league baseball in recent years. While the last few weeks alone […]

Read More...

I'm kinda bummed that they forgot to come up with a fifth hat...

On 11/16/2018 at 4:45 PM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Chihuahuas-header.jpg

Read More...

Looks like the face us males make after we accidentally touch our groin immediately after using Icy Hot.

• Like 1
Texas.gif

Today's the day that Colorado Springs' PL team unveils its name & logos...after looking at their TL, I predict that it's gonna be the Lamb Chops. 

How did I guess?  Much as I correctly predicted Sod Poodles for Amarillo's team name...because when one of the finalist names is teased in days leading up to the announcement, it usually means that it's not going to be the winning name.

November 15 post (Happy Campers)

ZeahqD5.jpg

November 16 post (Throttle Jockeys):

VWBkPG7.jpg

November 17 post (Rocky Mountain Oysters):
hLuBU2j.jpg

November 18 post (Punchy Pikas):

MOtHKTJ.jpg

As you can see "Lamb Chops" was the only finalist not depicted...so that's what my pick is.

bYhYmxh.png

Minor league franchise surprises with nickname Rocky Mountain Vibes

November 19, 2018 - 18:59 PM

An offseason merry-go-round of minor league baseball franchise relocations culminated today with the introduction of the Rocky Mountain Vibes. The nickname was not one of the five finalists in a name-the-team contest, but it derived from conversations around the option […]

Read More...

"It's a name that's totally about weed, but we have to pretend it's not about weed. What else can we blaze up?"

The s'more is cute and the flag iconography is a lazy crutch. Congratulations on picking a name worse than animal testicles.

• Like 12
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.