Sun League - A Floridian Baseball Branding Project

raysox

On 12/2/2018 at 9:21 PM, raysox said:

Vero Beach was home to the Dodgers from 1948-2008. From just before Brooklyn moved to well past the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles. The stadium they played in is on a road named Dodgers. My hands were tied folks.

But I decided to name them the Azules! Like, for the blue! 
Vero-Beach-Azules-03.png

Hmm.  Are you sure the word you're looking for here isn't "Azures?"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole thing has been so excellent. I really appreciate that you found a way to go Minor-League whimsy while still delivering professional packages. Another great success of yours is that when you look at each identity side by side, there’s no mixing them up; they each have a unique identity and every team will contrast well with each other in a lot of ways. My personal favorite I think is Ft. Myers. Love the logos and LOVE the name. Another awesome series all around, man! 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 12/5/2018 at 5:39 PM, raysox said:

Okay. Now I'm happy.

Ft-Lauderdale-Spikes-02.png

FTL-Spikes-Uniforms-01.png

I think this identity still needs work.  The headspoon blends in too much with the wordmark when the two touch, making it difficult to read.  This is specially true on the railroad spike on the white uniform, which blends too much with the white as is.  If you were to remove the headspoon piping and put a green outline around the I, the uniform would be much more successful. 

All in all, another strong series from you, which we have all come to expect when we see something from Raysox!

1 hour ago, Orc0909 said:

This is pretty cool. Although to be honest with you, I'm a little miffed that it's only the bottom half of Florida. Any future expansions to have the Sun League take up the entire state?

Gotta build more stadiums 30 years ago! Maybe if the Jumbo Shrimp move!

Oh too bad, when it comes time to expand, you should put teams in Tampa and Daytona Beach (now that should be a NASCAR reference for the team name, maybe the Speed, since Daytona Beach is known for the Daytona 500, as any NASCAR fan knows, and nearby Ormond Beach is known as the Birthplace of Speed)

On 12/12/2018 at 9:40 PM, raysox said:

Gotta build more stadiums 30 years ago! Maybe if the Jumbo Shrimp move!

For anyone that hadn't caught on, raysox went ahead and used former MLB spring training ballparks that are still standing and teamless, thus why noting north of Brevard County/Cocoa Beach.

Potential expansion "could" include current college ballparks in Tallahassee and Gainesville.  Maybe Deland (Stetson) and Sanford (Historic Sanford Memorial Stadium)...but im sure raysox is aware.

5 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

For anyone that hadn't caught on, raysox went ahead and used former MLB spring training ballparks that are still standing and teamless, thus why noting north of Brevard County/Cocoa Beach.

Potential expansion "could" include current college ballparks in Tallahassee and Gainesville.  Maybe Deland (Stetson) and Sanford (Historic Sanford Memorial Stadium)...but im sure raysox is aware.

Yep! Still standing and teamless was the goal. Sure there’s some GCL teams but like, I didn’t do Daytona cause the team would compete with the Tortugas directly.

Also check out the sim thread if you havent

Realized I never shared some event logos I made. Here's the championship series Flagler Cup. The 2019 Playoffs just started, so these teams will soon change!

Flagler-Cup-02.png

Also the Marlins moved to Indianapolis in the save, so I had Homestead and Ft. Lauderdale play at Marlins Park.

Stedium-Series-01.png

Please go catch up if you're interested, it's fun but I'm not thrilled at how little fanfare the whole thing gets. It's really fun to see how everything has evolved.

Archived