Uniforms you're most thankful for

joekono

On 11/23/2018 at 7:41 PM, Pengin. said:

I'm thankful for the past uniforms for all Arizona sports teams. The current set of uniforms for the Suns, D-Backs, and Cardinals are ugly. A great reflection of their most recent performance I guess. 

The Diamondbacks and Cardinals I will agree with you on.  The Suns' uniforms aren't the best they've had, but they're a step up from the last couple of sets.

2 hours ago, Bobster said:

OacugqX.jpg

Because they led the way for the rainbow of color that was 1970s baseball.

Whew...talk about disorienting. I saw the photo and went "man, the Oakland A's looked--" and then I looked left and saw "COLORFUL KANSAS CITY"... completely forgot they used to play in KC. (And then I noticed the "KC" cap lockup.)

Man, imagine if the A's were still in KC...

(Off-topic: anyone who's ol--ahem, tenured enough 😆 to remember: how was Kansas City's profile/reputation/national stature back then? Because they sure seemed to have a lot going on back in the '60s/'70s on the sports front...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I can only remember the Royals era from the 70's, but if I could have remembered the Kansas City to NY Yankees pipeline of the 1950's I'm sure I would have seen those mid-70's Royals-Yankees playoff series in a different light.

I do remember the tail end of the dominant Chiefs teams (who  can forget Ed Podolak's Christmas playoff game against the Dolphins?) but the Kings were pretty mediocre with the exception of a couple of years under Cotton Fitzsimmons.

I'm thankful for this...

FCW2Toa.jpg

Finally ridding us of this...  When comes to discussions about the worst NHL jerseys of all time, it's easy to talk about the Wild Wings and Burger Kings but surely this travesty has to be up there.

IaS9KcI.jpg

On 11/24/2018 at 12:13 AM, NicDB said:

I'm thankful for these, for creating a template that so many 60s and 70s expansion clubs should follow.

Uniforms.jpg?resize=800,449

I’ll echo this one. I’m thankful my Blue Jays look like themselves again. No more cartoon muscle blue jay logos and no more “Black Jays” blandness. 

8 hours ago, bluegrasswildcat said:

Johnson_Mossi_171124_FBC_0062.jpg

These beauties which fixed the UCLA stripe despite Chip Kelly not fixing their performance this year.

Agreed.

Unpopular opinion: I miss the Clarendon numbers. They were unique.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 11/24/2018 at 3:00 AM, Discogod said:

I'm thankful for people knowing the difference between "your" and "you're".

I feel like people today get lazy with their grammar, unlike the days of yore. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived