Redeeming Qualities of Bad Uniforms

Hat Boy

I also think the 06-12 jerseys do the best job of including the same proportions of white and yellow as the helmet. The newer and older jerseys have equal amounts of white and yellow on the shoulder stripes, but the piping, as ugly as it is, almost looks like an abstraction or adaptation of the Viking horn onto the shoulder and side of the jersey.

Honestly, the only thing I hate about that Rangers uniform are the sansabelt pants. The script is a little hokey, but they were a team playing in a glorified minor league stadium down the street from Six Flags, so I always felt like it fit.

1015-phx08a.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSI

I always kinda dug the color balance of these. So many teams with black jerseys go all-black from head to toe, so I enjoyed the change up (black helmets would have made it better IMO)

I’ve always loved the sky blue side panels on the OKC Thunder’s white (formerly Home) uniform. That shade of blue is the color used for the OK state flag and I’ve always felt that it pops off the white. Also, I think it’s the perfect amount of that color blue. The all-blue away is too much (plus the word mark is awful).

The Thunder’s standard Home and Away haven’t changed in 10 years and get tons of flak, but I’ve always liked the white uni.

Plus, the Thunder have won most of their biggest games in that uniform, and have had the best winning % wearing them since the Nike takeover last year.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4hUthifhfUwggc7y3aVN

1 hour ago, okcsooner35 said:

I’ve always loved the sky blue side panels on the OKC Thunder’s white (formerly Home) uniform. That shade of blue is the color used for the OK state flag and I’ve always felt that it pops off the white. Also, I think it’s the perfect amount of that color blue. The all-blue away is too much (plus the word mark is awful).

The Thunder’s standard Home and Away haven’t changed in 10 years and get tons of flak, but I’ve always liked the white uni.

Plus, the Thunder have won most of their biggest games in that uniform, and have had the best winning % wearing them since the Nike takeover last year.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4hUthifhfUwggc7y3aVN

Wheres those stats on the win percentages in specific uniforms?

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

50 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Wheres those stats on the win percentages in specific uniforms?

https://mobile.twitter.com/OKCTracker

This account tracks OKC uniform related tidbits and I believe did the painstaking process of going back through LockerVision and tallying game results for each of the team’s uniforms.

Scroll through their tweets. At the start of this season they tweeted out last seasons’s %’s and then a few weeks back did an update on this season’s %’s. White is tops for both seasons thus far. 

On 11/25/2018 at 7:56 PM, Hat Boy said:

While a horrible orgy of piping and side panels, I thought the 2006-2012 Vikings uniform did the best job of matching the color of the helmet and jersey.

Not a 100% match, but better so than current or past uniforms.

USATSI_11124466-269x300.jpgJune_JakeReed-300x300.jpg

In 2002, before the dreaded 2006 Reebok Re-Design, the Vikings had already changed their helmets to the same finish they would be in 2006, but with the old horn, like the 1961-2001 Helmet.

randy-moss-green-bay-moon.jpg

Moss1050.jpg?75108

da0Lbhs.png

This may be a bit of a stretch given that they were just special edition helmets, but I thought the Alouettes’ throwback wings helmet and 70’s bird logo helmets were awesome on their own and definitely the highlights for the now-outgoing set, in my opinion. I feel like they complimented the uniforms better than the A-bird too:

19345374-1040x572.jpg

montreal-alouettes-running-back-stefan-l

cpt124488449.jpg

cropped_GettyImages-1006178252.jpg?ts=15

On that subject, I actually don’t think the Als’ white jerseys in that set were all that bad, either.  It was just everything else in that set that was the problem, and a big one at that.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

They also had WHITE SOCKS. That alone makes them fairly OK.

You'd think wearing the very uniform element you're named after wouldn't be a hard concept.

Oh, wait...

kLIUI9U.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

On 11/26/2018 at 9:13 PM, Echo said:

The Sabres' "turdburger" alts were awful, but I always thought the Captains patches were really cool.

Q0j8XpU.jpgWKqeA03.jpg

If anything should have stayed in the Sabres uniform repertoire from that monstrosity, it should have been those patches.  

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived