Forward Madison Supporters Logo

mcrosby

I've been working with one of the supporter's clubs forming for the new team here in Madison, WI: Forward Madison FC

This is a current candidate for the logo. I'd love to get some feedback. Here is the club logo: 

DsTPgw0XcAITwr-.jpg

And the Madison flag: 

250px-Flag_of_Madison,_Wisconsin_(adopte

and here is what I've worked up thus far for the supporters: 

mRElo28.png

3OCbiW5.jpg

Good start here!

I like the idea of using the Madison flag. If I were you, I'd make the F light blue to match the flag, with the current black parts in Navy and the gold circle in pink.

The wing doesn't feel very integrated; maybe make a winged crest?

It's a great looking logo, but tbh I think it might be too clean and refined for a supporters group.  That might fly in Seattle, but any good supporters group should have some soul, some punk, some sort of rebel ethos.  They're not hooligans, buts also not a volunteer extension of the club's marketing department. 

This Flock shield looks like something I'd expect to see on an NFL cheerleading squad, not tattooed on someone's neck.

EDIT: Realized I didn't offer much "constructive" with my criticism.  If you want to go a different direction, I think the kitschy mid-century vibe of the team's crest gives you a great opportunity for a rebellious (but complimentary) supporters group identity.  If the team is 'Brady Bunch / I Love Lucy / Leave It To Beaver' the supporters group should be Elvis, Rock & Roll, motorcyles, greasers, etc.  Something more "dangerous".  Supporters groups should be something the opposing team doesn't want to flock with, if you know what I'm saying.

Archived