AAF Helmet/Uni Tweaks

WideRight

I generally like what the AAF has done with their initial 8 franchises, but I would make some tweaks to each design.  Starting with helmets, here is what I have done:

1. No helmets have a logo on one side and a numbe on the other.  What you see on the side image is on both sides. 

2. ATLANTA:  Added white to log, added the player # and ATL to the stripe (I will remove it from the jersey) and opted for a purple facemask.

3. B'HAM:  Added the logo to each side and changed the main stripe to be a 2-grey stripe with hexbolts inserted for a "mechanical" effect.

4. MEMPHIS: Swapped the blue facemask for white.

4. ORLANDO: Only change is a reduction in size of the number on the back. 

UgFKR3h.png

And in the West:

1. ARIZONA:  Retilted the logo and have it on both sides.  Added a number effect on the back to match the front.

2. SALT LAKE:  Went with the full horse head logo instead of just the mane.

3. SAN ANTONIO: Focus is on the Alamo shade.  Removed the logo and used numbers on both sides.   Removed the SA secondary logo. 

4. SAN DIEGO: No significant changes.

Uniforms are next (as I find time to work on them.  They will take more time. 

0tEM3dw.png

First up for the uniform redux is Atlanta (alphabetical in the East first).  Changes include:

• Removing the ATL from the side panels and adding a thin white piping to match the pant leg.
  • Going with a Vikings-esque off-center thin white stripe within the thick purple.  This is a motif carried over from the logo with the thin white stripe at the bottom of the crown. 
  • Changed the number font to something akin to the Titan's longstanding font (not present font).
  • White TV numbers just to offset the gold sleeves.
  •  lnmFQUw.png

And Birmingham.  Some major changes here:

• Added helmet stripe based on logo, 2 tone grey side by side with the hex-bolt motif which we will see throughout.
  • Shoulder yoke with the same side-by-side greys (similar to current Titans) again with hexbolts.
  • Light grey numbers with dark grey beveling.
  • No side panels on jersey.  Yoke takes its place. 
  • Dark grey pants with logo and black stripe (slightly skewing from back to front) and 2 hexbolts

Still think they should have added either some orange or yellow to create greater color contrast, but with the color scheme they have, I just think black on black on black on black is a bit too much. 

rfT29Rr.png

Memphis and Orlando:  Both uniforms are solid so the changes here are minimal.  

Memphis:  Adjusted the side panels to denote growing speed and changed the number font.

Orlando:  Removed the jersey side stripe and altered the yoke.  New pant stripe and added logo to pants. 

G7kuTBC.pngA8eGtcH.png

Arizona is next up.  Again minor changes. The yellow socks were really the only thing that bugged me about the original.  I also removed the sleeve color and kept the sleeves yellow just because so many other teams had sleeves of a different color. 

aEHLVgE.png

Ok, the last two are up.  

First, the San Antonio Commanders.  I opted to expand the yoke by recreating the Alamo motif.  This also means that the Commanders are the only team without a wordmark above the numbers.  Other than that,the uniforms are only slightly different from the actuals, with the full logo on the pant stripe. 

9DvHxWN.png

With the San Diego Fleet I wanted to downplay the yellow a bit, and I really did not like the lighter grey pants with the dark grey, and since there is only one other team using white pants, I thought this could work without being too similar.  I kept the chevron motif, but added grey chevrons along with the yellow, and now with white pants there was room to create a stripe to hold the chevrons. 

peuYgkY.png

• 2 months later...

These are all upgrades, the Fleet is my favorite but, #BoatUp.

I would also be interested in seeing some home/away sets.  The Fleet/Legends game was terrible as far as color on color.

I really like the Legends, especially if the helmet and jersey are the same color, unlike real life.

7CAjavE.png

Archived