Brian in Boston

Seattle has an NHL team

On 12/12/2018 at 8:08 AM, the admiral said:

I really much preferred the SoDo site with KeyArena becoming an amphitheater. Seemed better for the park setting.

Ultimately, I do too, but Queen Anne is the coolest neighborhood in that city. Having an arena there (especially one that is as tucked away as Key Arena is) adds another level of intrigue to that area. 

Parking and traffic are going to be absolute hell, though. They’ve really got to figure that part out. 

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

Ultimately, I do too, but Queen Anne is the coolest neighborhood in that city. Having an arena there (especially one that is as tucked away as Key Arena is) adds another level of intrigue to that area.  

Parking and traffic are going to be absolute hell, though. They’ve really got to figure that part out.  

This is only true if you've actually never been anywhere else in Seattle.

I dunno, I lived all over the city and found that area to be my favorite, anyway. What’s your favorite? 

28 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

I dunno, I lived all over the city and found that area to be my favorite, anyway. What’s your favorite? 

I live in Belltown and enjoy Ballard, Capitol Hill and Pioneer Square. I never go out in Queen Anne, though I enjoy a lot of what Seattle Center has to offer.

Isn’t Belltown just south of Queen Anne anyway? I do like Ballard, though. Capitol Hill is WAY overrated IMO. My roommates went to Seattle U and I just found CH to be a pain in the ass to get around in. Pioneer Square has some really cool bars. I lived just off of Yesler and 15th (Sir-Mix-A-Lot’s hood) and worked in SoDo so I walked down there quite a bit. I kinda wish I would’ve just stayed there rather than moving to the U District. But I did have some interesting times there with cool people, so it was ok. 

This is all just makes me miss Seattle :(