The Freedom Football League

GDAWG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Diego Warriors, Oklahoma City Power, Portland Progress, Texas Revolution, Ohio Players, Florida Strong, Birmingham Kings, St. Louis Independence, Connecticut Underground and Oakland Panthers

Sounds like they opened a self-help book and named their teams after the first catchwords that popped up.

the FFL will be financed by a combination of private funding and public offerings in 2019. The league will be owned by a unique consortium that includes former NFL players, active players from each FFL team, the local franchise operators and, most uniquely, the fans. All teams will be owned by an authentic alliance of fans and players together, as true owners and legally-committed business partners with perfectly-aligned economic incentives to join forces and build a league that effectively redistributes economic opportunity and unity for all.

That has worked well for MLFB.  And the A11FL wanted $10M for 50% of a local franchise, later cut to $5M thinking they were worth $20M without showing ANY REVENUE.  

These former players just lost their money, if T.O. actually still had any.  

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, Kaz said:

Sounds like they opened a self-help book and named their teams after the first catchwords that popped up.

No originality on cities either. 4 of their teams will be in AAF or XFL cities. At least the other two leagues avoided stepping on each other’s toes. 

Also so curious as to where the San Diego, Oakland, Birmingham and St Louis teams will play since other leagues got the prime venues first (or there won’t be a venue in Oakland in short order (not that the A’s would let them play there during baseball season anyway now that they’re finally rid of the Raiders in 4 weeks)).

13 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

No originality on cities either. 4 of their teams will be in AAF or XFL cities. At least the other two leagues avoided stepping on each other’s toes. 

Also so curious as to where the San Diego, Oakland, Birmingham and St Louis teams will play since other leagues got the prime venues first (or there won’t be a venue in Oakland in short order (not that the A’s would let them play there during baseball season anyway now that they’re finally rid of the Raiders in 4 weeks)).

If this league even gets off the ground I they will probably play at high school or small colleges. The only league I think might actually have a little success would be the AAF. The XFL will probably fizzle after their first year just like their predecessor. These other leagues probably wont even get past the planning stages.

Signature intentionally left blank

47 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

If this league even gets off the ground I they will probably play at high school or small colleges. The only league I think might actually have a little success would be the AAF. The XFL will probably fizzle after their first year just like their predecessor. These other leagues probably wont even get past the planning stages.

If that's the case that makes more sense with the small college stadiums for the FFL. There are plenty of those in all those cities.

As for the XFL fizzling out, that's kind of my concern too since they've already put themselves in indirect competition with the NFL with 7 of the teams in NFL cities. And I've no faith in Vince McMahon to not pull his Trumpian attitude and make that indirect competition more direct as soon as he can. Especially given his view of having been screwed last go around. The FFL too seems to take a very antagonistic view toward the NFL. Only the AAF is actively working in a complimentary role so far, going to far as to have no issue with their No 1 QB draft pick be picked up by the Redskins. 

• 3 months later...

Archived