Philadelphia Phillies Unveil New Primary Logo

SportsLogos.Net News

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

At least from the back, there's no change on the home jersey.  The batterman looks to be the lighter royal, but hard to say.

Gods those numbers are dumb.  They might as well just use Comic Sans.

DuuGuCDXgAAqy1w.jpg

Do you like the Orioles jerseys tho

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll respond to that in the yet-to-be-created Orioles thread. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

who's the bottom guy?

Also, I hate the "puffier" script that they went to a few years ago.  It accentuates everything I dislike about it.

Still like the chainstitching though.  I figured they'd eventually move away from it but I guess not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Apparently it never matched the official files so they standardized everything a few years ago:

https://uni-watch.com/2016/04/06/phils-braves-make-subtle-jersey-adjustments-for-2016/

phils-2.png

Screen-shot-2016-04-05-at-1.57.41-PM.png

That 6 is also terrible. 

Shows how thin the line between hideous and gorgeous really is.  Standardize the line weights to avoid the goofy clown-balloon squeezes and bulges, trim back a couple letters, and this could be really great.  I like the letters a lot. 

32 minutes ago, NYUNDERDOGS said:

I hate Navy Blue in general so...

then you should have no problem with this.

For reference - the mid-50s version:  

Appears to be chainstitched, with some weird stitch line going through the middle of the numbers.  It's a relatively unique font.  Not sure I care for it, but I like it better than what they currently use.

13635b_robin_roberts.jpg

Mid '60s version - might be the same, I can't say for sure.  The 2 is particularly peculiar.

24280_01_lg.jpg

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Apparently it never matched the official files so they standardized everything a few years ago:

https://uni-watch.com/2016/04/06/phils-braves-make-subtle-jersey-adjustments-for-2016/

phils-2.png

Screen-shot-2016-04-05-at-1.57.41-PM.png

The thinner letters and the smaller stars look way better (just have a more retro feel)...but the thick white outline (most visable on the grays) needs to be trimmed down.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

48 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

... the thick white outline (most visable on the grays) needs to be trimmed down.

or eliminated altogether.

I was looking for a digital file to edit in Paint, and came across this concept from @SFGiants58

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/111797-mlb-project-32-new-dugout-jackets-added/?page=14

m5YP8iO.png

Darken the blue in the stars and I could deal with this for the next 20 years.

It's got the raglan sleeves, I'm assuming it would have the woven stripes, looks like the red is darker without being maroon, the better script, and the old numbers.  Those could stand to be modified some, but either way they're superior to today's by infinity.

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I was looking for a digital file to edit in Paint, and came across this concept from @SFGiants58

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/111797-mlb-project-32-new-dugout-jackets-added/?page=14

m5YP8iO.png

Darken the blue in the stars and I could deal with this for the next 20 years.

It's got the raglan sleeves, I'm assuming it would have the woven stripes, looks like the red is darker without being maroon, the better script, and the old numbers.  Those could stand to be modified some, but either way they're superior to today's by infinity.

Would love this, and wouldn't mind seeing a bit more blue in there, like to outline the liberty bell. Those colors work so well together and not often used.

Archived