North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fc-sell-sebastian-giovinco-saudi-club-al-hilal/

I'm not surprised. I've always thought this would be his last year I'm confident that TFC wouldn't be able to sell him for more had they been able to sign him to a new contract and waited a few years to make the sale. No way TFC was going to pay him $11 mil a year either. 

So Bez leaves and the roster is just emptying. Ricketts, Hagglund, Giovinco, Van Der Wiel, Vazquez......and apparently there are LigaMX teams asking for Altidore. So....that was fun for a couple years. 

2017 TFC are the greatest MLS team of all time. That's pretty good.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

2017 TFC are the greatest MLS team of all time. That's pretty good.

Considering what TFC was prior to Bez arriving......I'm afraid that in 20 years time I'll still be saying "remember 2017?".

It is what it is, I'm glad that the franchise was turned around in a big way. I'm just worried that we'll see a regression to pre-2015 TFC again. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 minute ago, Digby said:

I didn't watch a ton of MLS last year; why did TFC go from dynastic to missing the playoffs so abruptly, without obvious changes in personnel?

Mostly injuries. (For example; Vazquez played 26 games across all competitions, Jozy played 24) 

They also really focused on the CONCAF Champion's League at the start of the season, resting starters a lot during the early regular season games. The theory was the team was good enough that they'd just play catch up a little bit after Champion's league and be fine but then injuries started setting in. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

10 minutes ago, Wings said:

Is there any real chance that Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver actually leave MLS for the CPL in the future?

I hope not. It could help places like San Antonio and Charlotte get teams but I think the Canadians should stay in MLS.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 minutes ago, Wings said:

Is there any real chance that Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver actually leave MLS for the CPL in the future?

No chance in hell Toronto does. I can't see Vancouver doing it either.

I do keep hearing whispers about Montreal but as time seems to continue on, it seems like they are getting quieter. 

While I understand the mentality of being the big fish in the small pond, I don't see how it could help Montreal financially to move to the CPL unless they get a ton on money selling the MLS franchise.....to clarify what I heard is the idea is to sell the franchise and let someone move it, make money there and, create an expansion CPL Montreal Impact. 

If it doesn't happen that exact way, it won't happen. There's no way they just walk away from MLS for nothing. 

It would appear that the bid to bring a Major League Soccer expansion franchise to St. Louis is hinging on the proposed investor/operator group's ability to convince league officials that the team would be able to tap-in to robust support - particularly in the areas of securing stadium naming rights and jersey sponsorships - from local businesses.

MLS wants more corporate support from St. Louis as it ponders bid

MLS4THELOU: Latest News - February 5, 2019 

I am not Daren Rovell, but:

Major League Soccer and Kellogg extended a multi-year partnership through 2020, it was announced on Tuesday, with Cheez-It® and Pringles® remaining the league’s official snacks and Eggo® will be the official waffle.

Whew.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I am not Daren Rovell, but:

Major League Soccer and Kellogg extended a multi-year partnership through 2020, it was announced on Tuesday, with Cheez-It® and Pringles® remaining the league’s official snacks and Eggo® will be the official waffle.

Whew.

if this doesn't result in a special MLS Eggo waffle in the shape of a soccer ball this is a massive marketing fail

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

ESPN+ has it I believe. YouTube will probably have some stuff for LAFC. 

ESPN+ is $5/month and includes MLS, NHL, Serie A, Championship soccer, and a ton more. It's completely worth it.

I also have YouTube TV, which includes ESPN and FS1 and FS2 so you get all of the national MLS games. And in Seattle and presumably in in LA, you get the Sounders and LAFC respectively.

Archived