Leaked! A first look at the Amarillo Sod Poodles jerseys

SportsLogos.Net News

Leaked! A first look at the Amarillo Sod Poodles jerseys

December 12, 2018 - 16:58 PM

The double-A Amarillo Sod Poodles made a splash (or at least a significant dirt tunnel) when they announced their new nickname earlier this offseason, generating a host of responses ranging from bewildered (“What’s a sod poodle?”) to enraged (“Outrageous minor […]

Read More...

3 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Terrible number font, almost looks like the mavs.

It’s tough to tell from two numbers, but it really doesn’t look like the Mavs numbers. There aren’t any numbers in this graphic, but it gives you a look at the rest of the typeface. It’s kind of a Western meets Art Deco hybrid.

Sod%20Poodles%20FS_1542145511075.png_620

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It’s tough to tell from two numbers, but it really doesn’t look like the Mavs numbers. There aren’t any numbers in this graphic, but it gives you a look at the rest of the typeface. It’s kind of a Western meets Art Deco hybrid.

Sod%20Poodles%20FS_1542145511075.png_620

The 2019 in this graphic does not match the jersey numbers. After looking at the mavs numbers, they just appear to be less rounded and slightly skinnier/taller.

Excellent!

On 12/15/2018 at 6:25 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The 2019 in this graphic does not match the jersey numbers. After looking at the mavs numbers, they just appear to be less rounded and slightly skinnier/taller.

The 2019 is just a support typeface. The INAUGURAL SEASON text is what the numbers look like, which is very distinct from the Mavs’ look.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

The 2019 is just a support typeface. The INAUGURAL SEASON text is what the numbers look like, which is very distinct from the Mavs’ look.

When put side by side the numbers are similar, not exact.

K8KKsWh.png

Excellent!

On 12/14/2018 at 7:21 PM, BJ Sands said:

Weird, crazy name and logo. Pretty traditional design. I don’t get that. 

Isn't that the obvious choice? Going full weird and crazy could lose all customers. Keeping the uniforms tame keeps people who are on the fence about the name/logo in the game.

Archived