NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

42 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I'm curious what happens if opening of Rams new stadium is postponed to 2021? Because IIRC their rebrand was depend of that. They'll unveil new look or wait?

Not sure if there are rules on that or not, but when the opening of Miller Park got delayed by a year, the Brewers still unveiled their new look for the last year in County Stadium.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I typically agree to a certain extent, but I feel like the Orioles are a unique case.. they took a regionally relevant name (in more ways than one) and kept a similar color scheme.. as an Orioles fan myself, I have a soft spot for the Browns' history.. in the same vein, I could let it go for the rebirth of the Browns though, if there was another expansion granted to St Louis

Except that the Orioles aren’t really the Browns, they’re really the Milwaukee Brewers. 

8 hours ago, tigerraven said:

Browns are rumored to be changing to a white helmet.

Enough.

9 hours ago, Teal said:

I know this is a 2019 thread but the Browns, Rams and Panthers are getting new sets in 2020. 

We’d already heard about the Browns and Rams making plans for 2020. The Panthers make for a highly reasonable guess given their recent change of ownership, his experimentation with their uniforms, and the nature of the usual two-year process.

3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Not sure if there are rules on that or not, but when the opening of Miller Park got delayed by a year, the Brewers still unveiled their new look for the last year in County Stadium.

It's also worth noting that the Cardinals in 2005 had their new look at Sun Devil Stadium a year before State Farm Stadium opened.

77683512_59b4c8a636.jpg

77687475_7a3ccc2981.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

41 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do you realize that the Browns USED TO wear a white helmet?

Do you realize that was almost 70 YEARS ago? I think its a fair statement to compare it to Notre Dame or Penn State, Hell will freeze over before its a white helmet again.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

8 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Do you realize that was almost 70 YEARS ago? I think its a fair statement to compare it to Notre Dame or Penn State, Hell will freeze over before its a white helmet again.

Yes, I do know it was a hella long time ago. That doesn't change my question.  Teams HAVE changed color schemes in our lifetime. I'm not saying I have inside information or that I expect this particular change.

Regardless, it was a helmet color in their past.

It's where I sit.

22 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Yes, I do know it was a hella long time ago. That doesn't change my question.  Teams HAVE changed color schemes in our lifetime. I'm not saying I have inside information or that I expect this particular change.

Regardless, it was a helmet color in their past.

Fortunately the orange helmet has become synonymous with the Browns. Changing to a different color would be like the Packers ditching the oval G

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

After all, the Packers used to wear mono green, but it would be a bad idea to make this the primary uniform now. 

1953GreenBayPackers.jpg

I've always wished they would try this for their throwback set...or it would have made a nice color rush set. (There was also a yellow pants option with this jersey)  Haven't been a fan of the ugly navy/yellow/tan stuff they keep using.

27 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Haven't been a fan of the ugly navy/yellow/tan stuff they keep using.

If they used the proper gold pants it would be better.  The tan pants are yet another example of the Packers not being the best stewards of their own history.

Not to mention the current yoke looking nothing like the classic look. 

1940_NewYorkSundayNews_Isbe.jpgThrowback-4K-Aaron-Rodgers-Wallpapers-20

Really doesn't do the original justice. 

Right now, it's pretty clear the Browns fans love the color rush uniforms. yes, it's in comparison to the craptastic uniforms we have now, but they're definitely a fan favorite. Switching to color-rush type jerseys helps. Get rid of the drop shadow. Orange numbers and stripes on brown. brown numbers and stripes on white. White stripes and numbers on orange. Mix and match as wanted.

No sidepanels on the jerseys, no accents, etc. No Cleveland or Browns in big print anywhere.

Browns are definitely going to be wearing the color rush next year as many times as they're allowed. They could pull a rams and redo their pants without messing with the jersey and fans would be happy. Just get rid of the BROWNS on the sides.

46 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Right now, it's pretty clear the Browns fans love the color rush uniforms. yes, it's in comparison to the craptastic uniforms we have now, but they're definitely a fan favorite. Switching to color-rush type jerseys helps. Get rid of the drop shadow. Orange numbers and stripes on brown. brown numbers and stripes on white. White stripes and numbers on orange. Mix and match as wanted.

No sidepanels on the jerseys, no accents, etc. No Cleveland or Browns in big print anywhere.

Browns are definitely going to be wearing the color rush next year as many times as they're allowed. They could pull a rams and redo their pants without messing with the jersey and fans would be happy. Just get rid of the BROWNS on the sides.

Orange numbers are a no-go

On 12/29/2018 at 8:16 PM, Gothamite said:

Except that the Orioles aren’t really the Browns, they’re really the Milwaukee Brewers. 

And the Yankees are the Orioles, and the Brewers are the Pilots, so in a weird, twisted, and completely incorrect way, the Yankees are the Pilots! 

Obviously that's wrong, but I wonder what's the weirdest/longest chain of history we could string together like this for various franchises... Definitely helps having multiple teams share a name, as it makes nice crossover points.. could be a fun little project for me to check out

On 12/27/2018 at 4:36 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Ahem... Nonsense.  I care deeply about the Duluth Eskimos.

QYudSmy.jpg2967e_lg.jpegecde6cf7818ff0dc0ec7340f6d3139c9.jpg

8376214831_f7095ed418_b.jpg

Who doesn't care about the Duluth Eskimos?  I don't want to meet that loser.

Not only were they the first team with a logo, it was the rare heptagonally shaped logo.  We should all care about that.

EDIT -- On second glance, that jersey on the bottom appears to have a decagon logo and the igloo has more lines.  So much for consistency.  We would have ripped them if the internet existed in 1925.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, hawk36 said:

I wouldn't consider the Arizona Cardinals a charter member. Yes, technically they are, but in reality each time they move they forfeit their status and start over as a franchise in my book. City and Team really need to remain consistent for true historical status. 

By your logic, there are no charter members left.  The Bears were still the Decatur Staleys in 1920.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived