NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm what all those images are the definition of what a stripe is. Just because modern uniforms have a different cut and the stripes have to be applied different doesn't make them not stripes.

stripe
/strīp/
noun
  1. a long narrow band or strip, typically of the same width throughout its length, differing in color or texture from the surface on either side of it

17 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I dunno, personally I really don’t think the modern take on stripes looks that bad overall. They may not wrap around like intended anymore, but I don’t think the terminations on either side against the sleeve cap edges really harm things all that much. The designs still serve thier purpose of helping the color balance/distribution of the set as a whole. 

The only team I can think of that I feel has botched it too bad to keep is the Steelers, simply because I think they’re cramming a bit too much within that space, but I don’t have much of a problem with others. Sure you could theoretically replace everyone’s “stripes” with numbers or a logo to keep up with the times and they might work for each team in a vacuum, but I think that’d get pretty stale across the league if that’s what everyone was doing. I like the variety of having some teams keep “stripes” of some kind and some having numbers/logos instead. And where I don’t think these modern takes on stripes are really as bad as they’re made out to be sometimes, I don’t see any reason to get rid of the concept across football entirely. That’s just my preference and opinion though.

Let’s do fix the Steelers up a bit, though! I’m fine with that.

Blame Nike. The logo in the sleeve cap is what prevents the full design from being seen. Iowa football uses the same uniforms, but CFB has the swoosh on the front. That has the full sleeve design in the sleeve cap.

Take this:NateStanley_2_2017_4.jpg?itok=WO3yQEY_

vs this:xxn1f2bhqdacivxgocpg

See? It’s all that. Even though, before 2012, back in the Reebok days, their templates could support it.Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+New+York+Giants+59

If I were the Steelers organization, I would revert back to the Reebok/Rippon Uniforms just like how the Packers and Panthers (formerly Raiders, Eagles, and Falcons) did/do to preserve the full striping.

da0Lbhs.png

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

They made all the teams wear the same colors for one year? That's dumb IMO, but minor league football gonna do what it gonna do...

Not quite. The league had four teams in it's first year and each team had a primary color. Florida, blue. Las Vegas, silver. California, green. New York, black.

123620.jpg

ULS2627.jpg

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Blame Nike. The logo in the sleeve cap is what prevents the full design from being seen. Iowa football uses the same uniforms, but CFB has the swoosh on the front. That has the full sleeve design in the sleeve cap.

See? It’s all that. Even though, before 2012, back in the Reebok days, their templates could support it.Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+New+York+Giants+59

If I were the Steelers organization, I would revert back to the Reebok/Rippin Uniforms just like how the Packers and Panthers (formerly Raiders, Eagles, and Falcons) did/do to preserve the full striping.

Why can’t the swoosh go in the middle of the largest yellow stripe? The Seahawks have the swoosh inside a design element so I don’t see how this would be much different. 

36 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not quite. The league had four teams in it's first year and each team had a primary color. Florida, blue. Las Vegas, silver. California, green. New York, black.

123620.jpg

ULS2627.jpg

and i actually own the green one. it was a authertic jersey, and there were no replicas avaliable.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

If I were the Steelers organization, I would revert back to the Reebok/Rippin Uniforms just like how the Packers and Panthers (formerly Raiders, Eagles, and Falcons) did/do to preserve the full striping.

Ripon. It's a city in Wisconsin. 

It's where I sit.

They should just run their stripes vertically like Texas AM does.  Just drop TV numbers, or make them smaller.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

Why can’t the swoosh go in the middle of the largest yellow stripe? The Seahawks have the swoosh inside a design element so I don’t see how this would be much different. 

I don't think I would prefer that..

They could use the Iowa sleeve template, slide the stripes down so only the black cuff is below them, and still be able to squeeze the swoosh in above them

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The NFL ought to move manufacturer marks off of the sleeves and onto the front of the jersey, ala college ball.

I never thought I'd agree with that but now I do.  Seeing as how the swoosh is essentially Seattle's and Tennessee's and Jacksonville's logo, it'd actually be less intrusive on the front.

Ideally I wish they'd do like NHL and have it above the NOB, but that ain't happening.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 hours ago, Gobbi said:

IDK why, but back when the 49ers had the 1996-2008 Uniform set, The would occasionally wear throwbacks to the older, classic 49ers unis. I don’t know why, but the throwback kept the numbers on the sleeves making there be less space rather than moving then to the shoulders. So they put the Reebok logo in the stripes.20090824__hill1-1.jpg?w=400

da0Lbhs.png

16 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

(UFL PICS)

They wanted to make all the helmets white that season so every team could pull from the same stock, but at some point they caved and gave them their own.

Just now, bowld said:

Is this the only confirmed changes we know of? 

2019- Jets

2020- Panthers, Rams, Browns

Depends on your definition of "confirmed".  There's no reason to doubt the claim that the Panthers are changing, but nothing has been "confirmed" by the team or by anyone with any recognized credentials.

Archived