NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Is this the only confirmed changes we know of? 

2019- Jets

2020- Panthers, Rams, Browns

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Depends on your definition of "confirmed".  There's no reason to doubt the claim that the Panthers are changing, but nothing has been "confirmed" by the team or by anyone with any recognized credentials.

Too true.  

The Jets and Rams are confirmed.  The Browns are reportedly making a change, but nothing has been officially announced.  The Panthers are just rumor at this point.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Depends on your definition of "confirmed".  There's no reason to doubt the claim that the Panthers are changing, but nothing has been "confirmed" by the team or by anyone with any recognized credentials.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Too true.  

The Jets and Rams are confirmed.  The Browns are reportedly making a change, but nothing has been officially announced.  The Panthers are just rumor at this point.

And, @Teal, this isn't a personal attack against you when many on this board goes by this ethos. It's just the way many on this thread work with rumor and speculation. You've been right about a number of things, which is cool. But, don't take others' skepticism personally ... or rub it in others' faces. Which is why you tend to get a lot flak on the boards.

/today's sermon. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

I know it won't happen any time soon but the Dallas Cowboys seriously need to fix the color of their damn uniforms. They need to find a shade blue and silver and stick with it.

I don't know ... they've grown on me. I love the white jerseys. I just wish they'd do something different with the blue jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 minute ago, kimball said:

I don't know ... they've grown on me. I love the white jerseys. I just wish they'd do something different with the blue jerseys.

It's just too obvious of a mismatch now than it use to be because Nike screwed up the pants to the point where it's straight up Seafoam Green.

I honestly think they should switch to this:

UFbDZjT.png

bSLCtu2.png

5 hours ago, kimball said:

And, @Teal, this isn't a personal attack against you when many on this board goes by this ethos. It's just the way many on this thread work with rumor and speculation. You've been right about a number of things, which is cool. But, don't take others' skepticism personally ... or rub it in others' faces. Which is why you tend to get a lot flak on the boards.

/today's sermon. 

All good buddy. No offence taken. Enjoy your day. 

Jaguars

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's just too obvious of a mismatch now than it use to be because Nike screwed up the pants to the point where it's straight up Seafoam Green.

UFbDZjT.png

Nike didn’t change the pants, they are the exact same as with Reebok, just tv quality has improved so much that the pants now look the way they do

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Too true.  

I thought Browns were confirmed?  I thought I read that over in their thread, but it's hard to separate rumor from fact on the internet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, joshey said:

I’m coming in hot over here but the worst part of any uniform in the four major sports in the USA is the Cowboys pants. 

Change my mind 

I love how South Park even acknowledged the problem....
dallas-cowboys-south-park-2.png 

iq5b7nF.png

3 hours ago, jc... said:

I love how South Park even acknowledged the problem....
dallas-cowboys-south-park-2.png 

Even a buddy of mine that has no uniform interest like we do screamed out in the end of the Seahawks-Cowboys game, "whats up with the green cowboy pants?"  And I asked him wow even you noticed it?  Its terrible when non uniform fans can tell that the pants are messed up. 

12 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I know it won't happen any time soon but the Dallas Cowboys seriously need to fix the color of their damn uniforms. They need to find a shade blue and silver and stick with it.

As someone from Texas who encounters plenty of annoying cowboys fans...i think the cowboys uniforms have major flaws, but i also think they look really good. The mismatched colors have essentially become the football version of the multiple Yankees logos. Not ideal and something that wouldn't fly if they were released today...but it works. The roads are kinda generic tho. 

34 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

As someone from Texas who encounters plenty of annoying cowboys fans...i think the cowboys uniforms have major flaws, but i also think they look really good. The mismatched colors have essentially become the football version of the multiple Yankees logos. Not ideal and something that wouldn't fly if they were released today...but it works. The roads are kinda generic tho. 

What I used to think was quirky and unique is in fact terrible and high school-esque in 2019. The silver green pants clash horribly with the standard silver helmets on modern tv. The helmets are silver and navy, navy exists nowhere else on the uniform. The black trim on the blue stripes is pointless. They really need to go back and create a blue hued silver for their helmets/pants and use dark royal as their standard blue. Either that or adopt the color rush alts as the whites and stick with the current navy/silver set. Current primary needs to be retired.

Something I’ve always wanted to see the Cowboys try is to tone the green in the greenish-silver down a smidge, then use that as the helmet AND pants color. Then, strip the color scheme down to simply royal blue, new green-silver, and white. No navy whatsoever on anything, including logo. I think that could really work; at least it looks really good in my head. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 1/7/2019 at 12:39 AM, Old School Fool said:

UFbDZjT.png

This look would look good as a road look.And as @msubulldog said wear those blue jerseys at home more.Maybe do it against AFC opponents.The green pants for whatever reason have grown on me at least for home games.Note to Jerry Jones.If you want to increase jersey sales wear blue and silver more often.

Honestly, if they standardize the silvers, I hope they go with the silver-green. It’s such a unique color that it doesn’t matter which blue they choose to pair it with (however, if they go with regular silver, they should only use navy with it, and burn the royal blue).

ExJworW.png

Archived