NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

While it’s obvious the Cowboys currently have two different silver pants (silver and green-silver), does anyone know if the NFL style guide officially recognizes any difference between the two? 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, GFB said:

While it’s obvious the Cowboys currently have two different silver pants (silver and green-silver), does anyone know if the NFL style guide officially recognizes any difference between the two? 

Yes, the blue silver ones are their away pants, green silver are their home pants on official style guide

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get why so many people want to see the Cowboys in navy and silver instead of going back to their classic dark royal and metallic blue/silver.  If you love navy you can have the Seahawks, Bears, Patriots, Titans, Texans, Chargers, and Broncos. That should be enough for you.

I think people would be happy if they picked one blue & one silver, their look is a mess, if they weren't the Cowboys, people would treat this like Browns recent uniform mess

I know what you're talking about, I have an old catalog with a picture of a royal blue Aikman jersey.  Basically took the white jersey and inverted the blue and white.

IMG-20190111-081035-1595277959.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

24 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I'll be honest, that doesn't look better to me.  Maybe just because I'm not used to it.  

The concept jerseys are still too complex.  They don’t need the sleeve flair or outlined numbers. 

Strip them down, remove the pointless fussy details, and I think it would look pretty good. 

29 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

I’m torn because I do like the royal blue at home but I do like the navy on the road.

I’ve always wondered what it would look like if the Cowboys used different stripe and logo decals on their helmets for their away and home jerseys. So if they were wearing their white homes they could use a royal blue decals and if they were wearing their away blues they could wear their normal helmet with navy decals. That way if you like both looks like I do then you don’t really have to sacrifice one or the other.

Ik it’s not a great idea and people who love teams having consistent home and away jerseys aren’t going to like it but I do think it could be a bandaid to the problem.

28 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

I know what you're talking about, I have an old catalog with a picture of a royal blue Aikman jersey.  Basically took the white jersey and inverted the blue and white.

Actually that’s close. It was the Navy Jersey with a color swap. Had the silver numbers and the double outlines(royal/white).

1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

Pretty sure that was one of those alternate color fashion jerseys.  i remember a bunch of alt colors back then (red Titans, yellow Vikings, etc)

s-l300.jpg

-88789239118408627.jpg

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The concept jerseys are still too complex.  They don’t need the sleeve flair or outlined numbers. 

Strip them down, remove the pointless fussy details, and I think it would look pretty good. 

👍

I think no matter what, you have to go with the original Cowboys metallic blue/silver. Now just to decide on the current Cowboys navy or the original Cowboys royal. The royal reminds me of the Lions a little bit, but not nearly as much as the versions with the numbers outlined.

Anyways, Mr. Jones needs our feedback by COB. He doesn't want this spilling over into the divisional round weekend.

😁

Current Cowboys navy and original Cowboys metallic blue/silver

xYnZr0V.png

Original Cowboys royal and original Cowboys metallic blue/silver

WD4OEPw.png

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

2 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Do you have the entire catalog still? Not saying you have to but it would be cool to see what else is in there.

6 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Pretty sure that was one of those alternate color fashion jerseys.  i remember a bunch of alt colors back then (red Titans, yellow Vikings, etc)

I loved my black John Lynch Buccaneers jersey. I always used those in Madden.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived