NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, guest23 said:

Even pre silver-green those matte pants are very blue (most columbia) compared to the blue tinted silver helmets. Either way they need to dump s-g and settle on a custom blend of silver and blue and fix it all.

Couldn't agree more.. get a good custom silver blue for helmets and pants, and settle on a dark royal/light navy, and standardize the entire set

On 1/15/2019 at 1:08 PM, uniguy22 said:

I don't think the helmet logo needs an update, but you're absolutely right about that blank white helmet bumper. It sticks out like a sore thumb. 

B3-BU116_NFL091_GR_20180916155535.jpg

On 1/16/2019 at 11:53 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Personally, I've literally never noticed it 

I've never noticed it either . . . but now I can't unsee it.

22 hours ago, WavePunter said:

No, it's the guy who deals with the good folks at Riddell and Schutt on a regular basis, and pays attention to details such as the fact that the Cowboys helmets are officially "Metallic Texas Blue"..

Not sarcasm at all.. just evidence-based fact

22 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

And the Seahawks call the grey they and every other NFL team use "wolf grey." Colour names are marketing. They mean nothing. The Cowboys have silver helmets.

22 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

A friend/source of mine at Riddell told me the paint they use is actually called “metallic silver blue,” also known as PMS 8240C. It’s gray, but with a blue tint.

https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/8240-C

21 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not really? Colours have been given arbitrary names for a long time. So what's your point? Doesn't make the colour the Cowboys use any less silver.

This reminds me of friendly arguments my wife and I used to have about the color of the 1994 Honda Civic she owned when we met.  She insisted that this was blue.

12068190.jpg

I've never told her that the interwebs have taught me that Honda calls it "Phantom Gray Pearl" . . . because I want to remain married.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I had one quick question about Washington Redskins’ nameplate font. Is their’s the standard traditional nameplate font that most teams use? Or is it unique at all, ala Denver, Tampa Bay, etc. Didn’t think it was necessary to post a whole new thread for just one question; so hopefully somebody can help me out. Much appreciated!!

48 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

So Miami is going back to the throwbacks full-time, right?  Or are they going to continue to stuff the Tannehill-era down our throats?

They aren’t going to them full time, just another away throwback is going to be used as well

1 hour ago, keyser.soze said:

I had one quick question about Washington Redskins’ nameplate font. Is their’s the standard traditional nameplate font that most teams use? Or is it unique at all, ala Denver, Tampa Bay, etc. Didn’t think it was necessary to post a whole new thread for just one question; so hopefully somebody can help me out. Much appreciated!!

Pretty standard. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, keyser.soze said:

It’s standard in the sense that it’s a plain athletic block style, but theirs and Oakland’s always stood out to me as being a little more narrow/condensed than other teams who use a basic block letter.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

It’s standard in the sense that it’s a plain athletic block style, but theirs and Oakland’s always stood out to me as being a little more narrow/condensed than other teams who use a basic block letter.

39 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I think the Raiders and Redskins use a single-layer version of the condensed block the Bears use.

Thank you guys. I’ve been searching for some sort of font name to go off of. Attempting a nameplate swap but wanna be super accurate and detailed w/ it

11 hours ago, dont care said:

They aren’t going to them full time, just another away throwback is going to be used as well

I know, I was being semi-facetious.  The sad part is that if they substituted the 1972 players for the 2019 ones when they bust out the throwback jerseys, the Dolphins might actually have a BETTER chance of winning...

On 1/17/2019 at 10:02 AM, leopard88 said:

I've never noticed it either . . . but now I can't unsee it.

This reminds me of friendly arguments my wife and I used to have about the color of the 1994 Honda Civic she owned when we met.  She insisted that this was blue.

12068190.jpg

I've never told her that the interwebs have taught me that Honda calls it "Phantom Gray Pearl" . . . because I want to remain married.

Stand your ground, 88! After 16 years of marriage, it frustrates my wife that when l know I'm right, l stick with it. She'll get over it😇 

And speaking of the Chiefs, l just noticed the blank bump guard last week against Indianapolis!! Wow!! Just slap the Chiefs wordmark on it and call it a day. And touch nothing else on their identity.

54 minutes ago, verno said:

Stand your ground, 88! After 16 years of marriage, it frustrates my wife that when l know I'm right, l stick with it. She'll get over it😇 

And speaking of the Chiefs, l just noticed the blank bump guard last week against Indianapolis!! Wow!! Just slap the Chiefs wordmark on it and call it a day. And touch nothing else on their identity.

I've been married for 21 years.  There is obviously merit to both approaches.

I agree about the Chiefs . . . except I would prefer if they moved the sleeve stripes back to the cuffs, like in the pre-Nike days.

Chiefs.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

22 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I agree about the Chiefs . . . except I would prefer if they moved the sleeve stripes back to the cuffs, like in the pre-Nike days.

Chiefs.jpg

Huh, the stripes on the cuff is a nice look!!! Small details😊

And of course marriage is a string of small compromises. My current wife (my first marriage was only seven months and a complete disaster) and l do have a great give-and-take. Her New England mindset works with my Midwest ways well!

35 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Chiefs.jpg

And on comparison, the stripes on the cuff allow the TV numbers to be on the sleeve, which to me, is always a preferred look.

The Chiefs road jersey does look pretty nice without the yellow outline on the numbers...(granted it's a practice jersey, but it's "cleaner")

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Chiefs road jersey does look pretty nice without the yellow outline on the numbers...(granted it's a practice jersey, but it's "cleaner")

It’s almost as though number outlines are *often* superfluous and don’t exactly add much to the functional aesthetic of the uniform.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That does look really nice. I’d be on board with them removing the black from the helmet and essentially becoming more  of a red and white team than a red and gold team. I do like the idea of keeping gold as a tiny accent in the stripe of an otherwise red and white look.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived