FightingGoldenDevil

NFL changes 2019

You'd only ever reference the slight blue tint if you were directly comparing the Cowboys helmets against another silver helmet in a close up.

It's a silver helmet.

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

Even pre silver-green those matte pants are very blue (most columbia) compared to the blue tinted silver helmets. Either way they need to dump s-g and settle on a custom blend of silver and blue and fix it all.

Couldn't agree more.. get a good custom silver blue for helmets and pants, and settle on a dark royal/light navy, and standardize the entire set

On 1/15/2019 at 1:08 PM, uniguy22 said:

I don't think the helmet logo needs an update, but you're absolutely right about that blank white helmet bumper. It sticks out like a sore thumb. 

B3-BU116_NFL091_GR_20180916155535.jpg

On 1/16/2019 at 11:53 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Personally, I've literally never noticed it 

I've never noticed it either . . . but now I can't unsee it.

22 hours ago, WavePunter said:

No, it's the guy who deals with the good folks at Riddell and Schutt on a regular basis, and pays attention to details such as the fact that the Cowboys helmets are officially "Metallic Texas Blue"..

Not sarcasm at all.. just evidence-based fact

22 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

And the Seahawks call the grey they and every other NFL team use "wolf grey." Colour names are marketing. They mean nothing. The Cowboys have silver helmets.

22 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

A friend/source of mine at Riddell told me the paint they use is actually called “metallic silver blue,” also known as PMS 8240C. It’s gray, but with a blue tint.

https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/8240-C

21 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not really? Colours have been given arbitrary names for a long time. So what's your point? Doesn't make the colour the Cowboys use any less silver.

This reminds me of friendly arguments my wife and I used to have about the color of the 1994 Honda Civic she owned when we met.  She insisted that this was blue.

12068190.jpg

I've never told her that the interwebs have taught me that Honda calls it "Phantom Gray Pearl" . . . because I want to remain married.

I had one quick question about Washington Redskins’ nameplate font. Is their’s the standard traditional nameplate font that most teams use? Or is it unique at all, ala Denver, Tampa Bay, etc. Didn’t think it was necessary to post a whole new thread for just one question; so hopefully somebody can help me out. Much appreciated!!