NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Maybe players think a certain thing looks better, and don't care as much about performance if the difference is negligible.. that's my experience.. and I'd argue the smaller sleeves actually offer as much on the negative side of performance (if not more) than the normal skill cut..

Yeah, you'll never convince me that the super-tight jerseys and non-existent sleeves don't have as least as much to do with fashion and aesthetic choice on the part of the players as they do with performance.  If Nike came out with a new jersey cut that was baggy and ended with an elbow length sleeve, even if they showed unimpeachable evidence that it drastically improved performance, players wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, you'll never convince me that the super-tight jerseys and non-existent sleeves don't have as least as much to do with fashion and aesthetic choice on the part of the players as they do with performance.  If Nike came out with a new jersey cut that was baggy and ended with an elbow length sleeve, even if they showed unimpeachable evidence that it drastically improved performance, players wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. 

Exactly.. I can tell you the number of jerseys I've sewn back together that rip at the cuff/chest area outnumbers all other ripped jerseys combined.. that giant armpit hole is a natural handle for an offensive Lineman.. and they rarely get called.  It's the perfect negative storm, yet it looks "swaggy", so they won't change

On 1/18/2019 at 8:03 PM, L10nheart404 said:

Lol.. that was also my first car, but in dark green.

I believe you mean "Isle Green Pearl".  :)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

14 minutes ago, dont care said:

Chargers have never been mentioned as getting a redesign for 2020 as of right now.

I wouldn't anticipate a change other than making powder blue their full-time home jersey.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 minutes ago, kimball said:

I wouldn't anticipate a change other than making powder blue their full-time home jersey.

I am not sure that will ever happen. I understand that Spanos senior died and he preferred the navy. I wonder if his son has those same feelings? 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, kimball said:

If they would do that, they should also flip the Navy and Powder Blue in the Away set. Where the Navy is, make it Powder Blue. Also, bring the collars back since the Toilet-Seat is finaly dead.

sd-12-allwhite-mattabrown-675x380.jpg

da0Lbhs.png

35 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

0286487f43154f42eb16e76cb3705a54.jpgI still really love the royal CR set. Something about the gold face mask on white. Really unique look for the NFL.

Would like to see it with white pants (but with the bolt as seen on the helmet, not in a blue stripe). I think that could be very sharp. 

Archived