NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Anybody else shocked the Falcons never used the opening of that new stadium to time a new uniform/logo change?

Plus in the historical annals of NFL history, the current Falcons clownsuits will always be associated with the Super Bowl collapse to New England. Wouldn't they want to move away from that?

Actually, I've always associated the Falcon's current awful uniforms with electrocuted dogs... That's how long they've been wearing these nightmares.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Anybody else shocked the Falcons never used the opening of that new stadium to time a new uniform/logo change?

Plus in the historical annals of NFL history, the current Falcons clownsuits will always be associated with the Super Bowl collapse to New England. Wouldn't they want to move away from that?

The Falcons look gets so much unnecessary hate. It's not busy, it's consistent, and it looks modern without being gimmicky. Not every team needs to have the same stripe pattern or a traditional/plain look.

My issues with the Falcons identity:

1) The use of gray in the logo when it isn't present anywhere else.

2) I'm not a fan of piping.

That's it. And the thing is, they use piping CORRECTLY. It's a single color just going down the side of the uniform and it matches on the pants. It isn't creating a faux-yoke or making the look overly complex or mismatching with a striping pattern.

Now, I understand PREFERRING the old looks. Simple bold design can be great in football. The new logo to me is nearly objectively better than the old one, but different strokes so whatever. But to say that the Falcons wear clown suits to me is just silly. I mean, they usually wear one of two uniform combos right? And neither of those combos is an ugly monochrome look or some wannabe edgy futuristic Nike set... All I'm really saying is there are so many more urgent cases for a rebrand in the NFL than the Falcons.

EDIT: FTR the Cards are a totally different story, starting with the fact that they have a traditional helmet paired with a mid-aughts pipemare. But they also have a damn near perfect logo (I'm on the fence about the fact that Cardinal teams continue to insist on yellow for the beak in their logo even though it's neither in their color scheme nor the actual color of cardinal beaks!)

cardinalnortherncardinalbird.jpg

5 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

i saw some conversation here or somewhere else about the difficulty of changing branding again with the new stadium having the new logo all over.  I wonder if the team could use both.  Classic helmet wearing dolphin would be the on field mark; new swimming dolphin would be more of a corporate Mark.  

If the Baltimore Orioles can have two old logos plastered about Camden Yards, nobody will mind the Dolphins keeping one around a while longer.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:00 PM, fouhy12 said:

I don't think the Colts' uniforms need to be touched, except for one thing. Why is there a single stripe on the helmet, but there are double stripes everywhere else on the uniform? That's always bothered me. The helmet should match everything else. 

ive always liked that. if they were to use the double stripe on the helmet, it would mimick the Jets. plus, the double stripes used on the outside of the uniform (shoulders, legs, sometimes calves) while the single stripe is centered (middle of helmet) makes sense to me

7 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

A dolphin blogger did this mock-up a few years ago.  It gives you an idea.  I think I’d change the face mask to white. Also originally I suggested the all white uniform to go with it but on second thought maybe all aqua would be more in the spirit of color rush.  I don’t like aqua pants for a regular dolphin uniform but if we are putting together a secondary color rush set with a different helmet for marketing purposes I wouldn’t mind making it all aqua.  Plus it would make the players more the the dolphin which wears the M helmet. 

Dolphins_Concept-1.png

https://phinphanatic.com/

i saw some conversation here or somewhere else about the difficulty of changing branding again with the new stadium having the new logo all over.  I wonder if the team could use both.  Classic helmet wearing dolphin would be the on field mark; new swimming dolphin would be more of a corporate Mark.  

i like this idea. a few years ago on the honepage we did a Fix It Friday where the helmet was pretty much that. eliminate the dolphin (every version is bad) and call back to the original mark with a simple, bold letter. i dig it

6 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

naw, their identity is one of the very best in the league. come at me!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Actually, I've always associated the Falcon's current awful uniforms with electrocuted dogs... That's how long they've been wearing these nightmares.

What’s so bad about it? I’d just touch it up a bit and bring back the all black as an alt and bring back the black road pants.

1 hour ago, Froob said:

What’s so bad about it? I’d just touch it up a bit and bring back the all black as an alt and bring back the black road pants.

-Number Font

-Absurd Piping

Its merely worn out its welcome imo. It isn't special enough to be considered a classic - its just very of the time. Much like the Bengals, and the prior Seahawks set. Just time to move on - or in the Falcons case, back. Break it down and simplify.

1052784858.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, frosty06306 said:

-Number Font

-Absurd Piping

Its merely worn out its welcome imo. It isn't special enough to be considered a classic - its just very of the time. Much like the Bengals, and the prior Seahawks set. Just time to move on - or in the Falcons case, back. Break it down and simplify.

1052784858.jpg.0.jpg

I'm curious about your objection to their number font. I usually don't have very strong opinions on number fonts unless it's especially egregious (Tampa...).

And yeah, I totally get not liking the piping and that black set is very clean. Doesn't change that the current look gets too much hate IMO. Would I call it classic? No. Do I need it to change? Personally, also no.

8 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

-Number Font

-Absurd Piping

1052784858.jpg.0.jpg

Bengals have one of the best looks in the league.

7 hours ago, Gupti said:

Again, SOURCE????

I’m not too concerned with the source, I just want to know what the hell SPORT GREEN is?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

naw, their identity is one of the very best in the league. come at me!

It’s an overly-piped and paneled mess that’s full of dated early 00’s trends and is associated with dog fighting and the greatest Super Bowl collapse in history. 

They need to lose it. 

On 12/22/2018 at 4:35 PM, -Akronite- said:

The Falcons look gets so much unnecessary hate.

I would say it’s necessary because it’s pretty bad. 

Archived