Seattle Sockeye (Secondary Logo and Jerseys Added 6/8)

ldconcepts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Agreed!  You place that jersey alongside any other grouping of jerseys, even red jerseys, and it stands out because of the teal.  The overall look doesn't come across as red.  The teal really gives it a mystical, coral-ish, underwater feel to it.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:11 PM, BellaSpurs said:

I find it bad that I can already name the Canes, Devils, Blackhawks, Flames, Red wings, Avs, Coyotes, Caps, Habs, Senators, and Panthers as teams that have them. Those 11 teams are a third of the NHL, why add another when theirs only two green teams and green suits Seattle. Atleast make it teal. Theres only one of those

10 hours ago, n312rb said:

What about red/teal/navy?

I get why people don't like red/teal/black but really it doesn't look like any other red/black team, it stands on its own.

7 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Agreed!  You place that jersey alongside any other grouping of jerseys, even red jerseys, and it stands out because of the teal.  The overall look doesn't come across as red.  The teal really gives it a mystical, coral-ish, underwater feel to it.

o9.png

Improvement?

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

All right, here's where I'm at.

I haven't fully ruled out the original, but I replaced black with a dark blue.

I tried changing up the colours to a rust, dark teal and charcoal.

I still like the option of double green with a red eye, a more distinct Seattle colour scheme.

o11.pngo10.pngo7.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Kraken (New Colour Options Added 2/16)
Guest darkpiranha

A is still the winner for me.  B starts to give off a Devils feel.  C is fine, but everything is typical and expected.  "Seattle with shades of lime and green? Didn't see THAT coming..." 

I say stick with your original instinct with tea and red and dark.  

3 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

A is still the winner for me.  B starts to give off a Devils feel.  C is fine, but everything is typical and expected.  "Seattle with shades of lime and green? Didn't see THAT coming..." 

I say stick with your original instinct with tea and red and dark.  

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

How about coral? More pinkish color? 

Some options for the shade of red...

o11.pngo12.png  

o13.pngo14.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Guest darkpiranha

Of the four above, I like 1(upper left) and 3(lower left), although 3 may be a bit too dull and desaturated.

For your mostly-teal one above, I could get behind this one.  I'd be curious to see what it looks like with the red extending up the sleeves, cutting off at the yoke.  I feel that would help echo the effect of the "Eye of the Kracken" in the logo and further differentiate it from red teams and shark teams.    

I'm putting off the colour selection for a bit to fix an unfortunate comparison that can be made to, well...

screenshot.png

Thanks, Internet.

So, I tried to make the eye more eye-like.

editshow.png

The new one is still a work in progress. What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Kraken (Logo Edited 2/17)
Guest darkpiranha

Is the white dot supposed to be a light reflection?  If so, it's not working.  You'd need to take the tower out and it to be a fully-recognizable eye for that to come across like you're intending.  I know you're going for a nice symmetrical circle/eye, but what if you had some tentacles continuing outside of the circle in a couple of places?  Another option is to move the Needle behind the eye entirely, and reduce the size of the eye about 30% so that the tower can rise above the eye (where we can see a little bit of the tower part.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to address them the best I could.

7 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

Is the white dot supposed to be a light reflection?  If so, it's not working.

That's what I was thinking too, I'll get rid of it in my next update.

You'd need to take the tower out and it to be a fully-recognizable eye for that to come across like you're intending. 

Another option is to move the Needle behind the eye entirely, and reduce the size of the eye about 30% so that the tower can rise above the eye (where we can see a little bit of the tower part.

I think this logo is dependent on the Needle in the foreground, so I don't think that would work.

I know you're going for a nice symmetrical circle/eye, but what if you had some tentacles continuing outside of the circle in a couple of places?  

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by circle. Do you mean inside the eye, or making the ends of the tentacles visible?

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Sockeye

With the colour scheme basically set in stone, all signs point to Sockeyes. So I decided to revive this thread, starting with a rough sketch for the Sockeye name.

D8dkqbXW4AAgw-6?format=png&name=900x900

Before I finish the design, C&C is appreciated on the sketch!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Sockeye (New Sketch Added 6/7)

Archived