Seattle Sockeye (Secondary Logo and Jerseys Added 6/8)

ldconcepts

Man! All of these blew me away, but the third red and the second white jerseys are my favorites.

I'm not a fan of using two separate shoulder logos on the same jersey. If you pulled an Arizona/Minnesota and used one logo on the home and one on the road, that could work. Other than that tiny detail I have no complaints.

Great stuff! I'm curious what an alternate would look like.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To illustrate how the logo stacks up against other NHL logos, here it is on the Sportslogos.net page:

logos.png

To hopefully spark more comments, here's the inaugural season logo I created:

seattle+logo+options11.png

And here it is on both uniform options:

seattle+logo+options9.png

seattle+logo+options10.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Kraken (Inaugural Season Logo Added 12/23)
  • ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Kraken (Mockups Added 12/24)

Seeing the mock-up, I think it would be better if the numbers had a dual outline so they went white-black-teal to be an inverse of the stripes, rather than the simple white-teal single outline you have now.

Adding the suction cups to the socks might be a positive as well. Since the striping everywhere else has them. I know Carolina doesn’t do Awakening flags on the socks, but they don’t do them on the arms either, so it provides a sort of precedent that’s missing here.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try out the dual outlines, but I don't think the sock sublimation is possible (see Vegas).

For now, here's a mockup of center ice:

keyarena.png

And a screeenshot of the Kraken Twitter page:

kraken+twitter.png

I'd also like more feedback on the alternate jersey options.

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Kraken (Center Ice and Twitter Mockups Added 12/25)

I had no idea how many details you had hidden in the logo before this post. It makes it that much more creative!

Just to throw something out there, if you're looking for more ideas, I'm curious what a Winter Classic/Stadium Series set would look like.

9 minutes ago, JJ Anderes said:

I had no idea how many details you had hidden in the logo before this post. It makes it that much more creative!

Just to throw something out there, if you're looking for more ideas, I'm curious what a Winter Classic/Stadium Series set would look like.

Vancouver-Seattle would make a great outdoor game matchup.

Guest darkpiranha

Nice presentation!  Lol.  I hadn't checked in on this thread in a while, so I was very surprised to see that you went with my suggestion for the center tine of the trident as the Space Needle.  I don't know that I like it now that I see it, lol!  What if instead of an accurate Space Needle topper, you went with a more representational version?  Specifically, taking the topper part of the Space Needle and stretching it down to where the widest part of the topper is where the wide part of the tine would be.  It'll be distorted from being purely recognizable, but it might look more like it's naturally part of the trident. 

Overall, though, I love what you've done and I most especially love the color selection.  

• 1 month later...

I've been messing around with a few different colour schemes.

RED/TEAL/BLACK

og.png

DARK GREEN/YELLOW

o8.png

DARK GREEN/LIME GREEN/RED

o7.png

LIME GREEN/GREEN/NAVY

o6.png

GREEN/LIME GREEN/NAVY

o5.png

BLUE/NAVY/LIME GREEN

o4.png

GREEN/DARK GREEN/GOLD

o3.png

LIME GREEN/NAVY/BLUE-GREY

o2.png

DARK GREEN/LIME GREEN/YELLOW

o1.png

Which colours do you like best?
C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to Seattle Kraken (New Colour Options Added 2/14)
Guest darkpiranha

Red Teal Black

Dark Green Lime Green Yellow

But of the two, I'd still stick with Red Teal Black, because there's no other color combo like it in the NHL or any other sport, really.  I'm lime-greened out, to be honest.  

If you want to keep experimenting, I'd play around with shades of red teal and black to see if you stumble across a combo that addresses whatever it is that's niggling at your design sense. 

Guest darkpiranha

When I see the Red Teal Black combo, in no way whatsoever does my brain see any of the red teams, the black teams or San Jose.   There will never be a time when you're squinting and wondering if you're looking at the Stars, or the Wild, or maybe a Whalers jersey.   

8 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

When I see the Red Teal Black combo, in no way whatsoever does my brain see any of the red teams, the black teams or San Jose.   There will never be a time when you're squinting and wondering if you're looking at the Stars, or the Wild, or maybe a Whalers jersey.   

I find it bad that I can already name the Canes, Devils, Blackhawks, Flames, Red wings, Avs, Coyotes, Caps, Habs, Senators, and Panthers as teams that have them. Those 11 teams are a third of the NHL, why add another when theirs only two green teams and green suits Seattle. Atleast make it teal. Theres only one of those

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived