One tradition you NEVER want to change

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Yankees used to be above these gimmicks, including claiming that they wear their TATC uniforms every day, so they didn't need to make up something silly.  

Then it started to slip with a BP cap being worn in game.  Then other special caps.  Then the players jerseys.  

This, from a team that still doesn't even have a manufacturer logo on their jersey - add that to the list of "traditions" that will be going away in two seasons.

its been like that since George Steinbrenner died.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

23 hours ago, andregunts said:

Im 99% sure the Yankees are gonna put names on their uniforms soon.

Easier to sell jersey, plus didnt this already happen?

They already do sell jerseys with the names on the back:

https://www.mlbshop.com/new-york-yankees/mens-new-york-yankees-aaron-judge-majestic-home-white/navy-cool-base-player-jersey/t-14997609+p-9149627473487+z-9-2963955147

I like college football's quirks. LSU and GT wearing white at home. Boise's Smurf Turf. Auburn deciding whether they're Tigers or Eagles. Notre Dame players slapping an old busted sign. Nebraska players touching a horseshoe. 

None of it makes sense to the outsider, but that's what's fun about it. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

14 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I hope Chicago Bulls never change their shorts, they're wearing that design since they came up to the league.

If the Bulls ever changed their logo, it would be the fisherman times 10

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

On 12/18/2018 at 7:00 PM, Ark said:

Mismatched silver

maxresdefault.jpg

Cowboys_Troy_Aikman_Dropback_-_AAGX002_8

177645135.jpg?w=980&q=75

xDak.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2uMPfiVnlu.jpg

As annoying as the mismatched silvers are (and they most certainly are annoying), the mismatched blues annoy me even more.

It's amazing how much better the Aikman picture looks than the Romo and Prescott pictures.  Matching the blue of the sleeve stripes, number and socks with the blue of the helmet logo and stripes makes a world of difference.

Does anyone know/remember exactly when they switched the jersey and sock blues to royal blue?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

As annoying as the mismatched silvers are (and they most certainly are annoying), the mismatched blues annoy me even more.

It's amazing how much better the Aikman picture looks than the Romo and Prescott pictures.  Matching the blue of the sleeve stripes, number and socks with the blue of the helmet logo and stripes makes a world of difference.

Does anyone know/remember exactly when they switched the jersey and sock blues to royal blue?

You could make an argument that it's all mismatched blues.. the helmet is technically called "Texas Blue", so that's one blue mismatched to a silver green, then you have the Royal/Black sleeve stripes mismatched to solid Royal numbers/socks/pants stripes mismatched to the Navy helmet decals..

In other words, the Cowboys are like, the bluest team ever..

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I think the whites have long been royal blue (even before Aikman's arrival). The shade might have changed just a little bit in the 2000s.

The lighting is playing with the color on that Aikman photo above.

Would be great if they brought back the double stripes on the socks, too.

9ef9a481f867298665e5e3d55faee3b7.jpg

And oh yeah, bring the double stripes (and gray numbers) back to the navy jerseys, too:

387428.jpg?w=207&h=300

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I like college football's quirks. LSU and GT wearing white at home. Boise's Smurf Turf. Auburn deciding whether they're Tigers or Eagles. Notre Dame players slapping an old busted sign. Nebraska players touching a horseshoe. 

None of it makes sense to the outsider, but that's what's fun about it. 

Bring back the Aggie Bonfires!

/s

Seriously, the Aggie fandom is such a cult that I’m half-surprised that Cults or Last Podcast on the Left hasn’t covered them.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:42 PM, flyersfan said:

Penn state football plain uniforms. The one off Indiana game was nice, and the number font fit perfectly, but we need to keep the current looks. The helmet is way too perfect and the uniforms are just gorgeous. And the no names needs to stay. 

We sell shirts with this phrase:

black shoes,

basic blues,

no names,

all game. 

I wish they’d go back to the off-colored collars that made them unique.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived