Safeco Field is now T-Mobile Park

TaylorMade

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safeco got such a sweet deal on their original sponsorship, I want to say it was just a couple mil for 20 years. That was before the big boom in stadium sponsorship dollars.

Its pretty insulting to the taxpayers who paid for much of the stadium to deck it out in T Mobile magenta... but then again the Mariners have never hesitated to sell out the community for a few bucks. 

To be fair, the marketing job does one heck of a job polishing this turd of a franchise. The ‘95 Mariners are more revered than probably either of the Marlins actual world championship teams.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Nahhh, it's still gonna be Safeco to everyone in the Northwest

It's funny how every time a long standing venue changes its name, people say this and then inevitably get with the times.

People said they wouldn't call "Qwest Field" CenturyLink Field.

People said they wouldn't call "Seahawks Stadium" Qwest Field.

53 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

It's funny how every time a long standing venue changes its name, people say this and then inevitably get with the times.

Works in Cleveland.

Nobody calls The Jake Progressive Field.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

Still just plain old Mile High in Denver

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Aside from news reports or other things like the such, I've never heard someone refer to the Citrus Bowl as "Camping World Stadium". Maybe it's different when the stadium has already been sponsored before.

ExJworW.png

17 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Aside from news reports or other things like the such, I've never heard someone refer to the Citrus Bowl as "Camping World Stadium". Maybe it's different when the stadium has already been sponsored before.

Maybe it's just because Seattle is such a nomadic city but eventually you start telling people to go to "Qwest Field" and they look at you like you told them to go to Mars. 

7 hours ago, keynote said:

Good thing the Seahawks don't play there; WRs would hate to play in a place with lots of drops and poor reception. 

(ducks)

T-Mobile Park is a fitting name since the M’s have been phoning it in since 2004

NYCdog.png

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Why does it look like a Strip Club in that picture? Is Felix Hernandez going to start stripping Magic Mike style during the 7th Inning stretch?

They should totally hire a strip club DJ to be the PA person.  

"NOW COMING TO THE MAIN PLATE, LET'S SEE THOSE DOLLAR BILLS IN THE AIR FOR DEE "DESTINY" GORDON" (then his walk up music, Pour Some Sugar On Me comes on.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

No one called the Metrodome Mall of America field

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

20 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

People said they wouldn't call "Giants Stadium" Metlife Stadium

Archived