DietDrPepper vs The NFL (Tampa Bay Bucs)

_DietDrPepper_

Here's a new concept I'm doing.  I'm sick of the bad uniform matchups this season. So I've decided to take it into my own hands.

Concepts are in no particular order, although I will probably be doing the worst uniforms sooner than later. I will be using an edited version of @oldschoolvikings fantastic template. Without further ado, the first team up are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers! Hope y'all enjoy!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Tampa Bay, I ignored most of everything of their current set, and focused mostly on the Super Bowl set. With one exception, no pewter, it's a crime I know. I went with white over pewter because its a good reference to the Creamsicle era, but also mainly because I'd rather white over the sad excuse of pewter Nike has. I also updates the primary to just the skull. Again, in reference to the Bucco Bruce logo. The current flag logo is adorned on the sleeves. Finally I updated the colors to the Creamsicle orange, darkened red, white, and black. Here's how it looks! C&C appreciated.

BIIwYdV.png

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Buccaneers Added)

No C&C? Well I'll go ahead and upload New England as well then. 

For the Pats I did a simple combination of eras and tidied up their current look. I tried out royal and steel blue, both didn't look as good as navy. I also tried a red jersey, again, I preferred the navy. Out with the silver and piping, in with the shoulder stripes and white. I really like how this turned out. Hope y'all do too! C&C appreciated as always.

GWkoavi.png

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Patriots Added)

BUCS: pls no on the white helmet. You can't do a white helmet logo on a white helmet, it looks collegiate/unprofessional. Other than that, it looks like a standard buccaneers concept, while not bad, is kinda disappointing. Maybe a number font that isn't a standard block I guess? That would probably be all you need for it to stand out and look good, while at the same time not deviating TOO far away from the source material (I assume you're basing it on the 1996-2013 look).

PATS: the numbers look incomplete/slapped on without outlines. Other than that, it's pretty solid. Maybe try it with a navy or red facemask and without a helmet stripe just for kicks, but solid overall

13 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

BUCS: pls no on the white helmet. You can't do a white helmet logo on a white helmet, it looks collegiate/unprofessional. Other than that, it looks like a standard buccaneers concept, while not bad, is kinda disappointing. Maybe a number font that isn't a standard block I guess? That would probably be all you need for it to stand out and look good, while at the same time not deviating TOO far away from the source material (I assume you're basing it on the 1996-2013 look).

PATS: the numbers look incomplete/slapped on without outlines. Other than that, it's pretty solid. Maybe try it with a navy or red facemask and without a helmet stripe just for kicks, but solid overall

that embedded youtube link tho

XcryMwi.png

Beware, long post ahead.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, Htown1141 said:

BUCS: pls no on the white helmet. You can't do a white helmet logo on a white helmet, it looks collegiate/unprofessional. Other than that, it looks like a standard buccaneers concept, while not bad, is kinda disappointing. Maybe a number font that isn't a standard block I guess? That would probably be all you need for it to stand out and look good, while at the same time not deviating TOO far away from the source material (I assume you're basing it on the 1996-2013 look)

I totally agree on the white on white, although after trying some stuff out white may be the best option. I tried red, orange and black. I thought about silver but its not found enough in the rest of the uniform. Black is too reminding of division rivals Atlanta, orange has a similar problem to the silver, and idk how I feel about the red. Although youre totally right about the white, it seems like my only option. I may play around with it more and post if I find a better look. Here are those other helmets.

226QAsX.png

The next team is the Las Vegas Raiders.

For Las Vegas I palnned on making it simple, I didn't really want to change much. That was until I heard about the drama. And hearing Oakland could pull a Cleveland and keep the Raiders name, it nagged at me to do a concept about it. SO, reluctantly, instead of Raiders, I chose the name Blackjacks. It keeps the intimidation of the Raiders and I can see them being the bad boys of the league again. In hindsight knowing sports and gambling and how they go together as well as matches and gasoline, it probably wouldn't be allowed. But it was a fun concept none the less.

For the Blackjacks I drew heavy, heavy inspiration from the raiders. Barely changing the current set. The only difference actually is the addition of some gold and a new helmet. A single spade adorns the side of the dome.

I also came up with a new logo. The new helmet in the shield with a gold outline and the words blackjacks written across the top, in spirit of the raiders.

xVD2oI3.png

BNUemSj.png

So I also did a Las Vegas Raiders concept, as it is the most likely option. I would be completely fine if they kept their current look, and i was tempted to not change anything, but for the sake of change I did do some stuff. A mix of stuff. I pulled the old 1993 logo out of the trash bin and slightly changed it. I threw it in with my blackjacks concept and liked how it came out. Its kinda different sure, but I don't think I strayed too far away from their signature. Of course i'd love to see C&C, please say your mind.

1Sz35bV.png

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Raiders Added)

Still no comments, well in the mean time I'll throw my hat into the ring, and post my jets concept. Seeing as there's lots of speculation on what their new uniforms could look like, I wanted to try and see if i could assemble a good look. So first and foremost, I thought if any team could use black and it wouldn't look forced its the jets. I also updated their logo to a throwback logo. I also changed the green up a bit to their 80s green. Side striping is also based on the 80's uniforms. Black is used as a trim color on the stripes and logo. Although there probably would be a new black uniform if I made alternates. Without further ado here are the New York Jets. C&C appreciated on any of my concepts so far!

xnL4YpO.png

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Jets Added)
On 12/21/2018 at 3:39 PM, BellaSpurs said:

For Tampa Bay, I ignored most of everything of their current set, and focused mostly on the Super Bowl set. With one exception, no pewter, it's a crime I know. I went with white over pewter because its a good reference to the Creamsicle era, but also mainly because I'd rather white over the sad excuse of pewter Nike has. I also updates the primary to just the skull. Again, in reference to the Bucco Bruce logo. The current flag logo is adorned on the sleeves. Finally I updated the colors to the Creamsicle orange, darkened red, white, and black. Here's how it looks! C&C appreciated.

BIIwYdV.png

i think you've thrown the baby out with the bathwater here. yes, the tactile Pewter is ugly, but i think the helmet is quite nice and still works even with no pewter in the jersey/pants. but, going this route, the first thing i'd suggest to make this better is to keep the flag-logo on the helmet. the skull and crossed swords is too close tot he Raiders. 

the other thing is getting the rules in place for colors and elements to make a consistent, strong design across all pieces. what you've done with the numbers makes sense, but i dont think it carries over well to the pants stripe, unless the idea is for the team to always wear red over red and white over white. even then, the big stripe on the pants with that many colors is overkill. i think this is where you want to start with a clean pant and ask "what is the least i can get away with here?". a simple hip logo might be all it needs? or maybe something new, like a hip number? maybe nothing at all?

think about those things with all the uniforms too. tie up those loose details

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, BrandMooreArt said:

i think you've thrown the baby out with the bathwater here. yes, the tactile Pewter is ugly, but i think the helmet is quite nice and still works even with no pewter in the jersey/pants. but, going this route, the first thing i'd suggest to make this better is to keep the flag-logo on the helmet. the skull and crossed swords is too close tot he Raiders. 

the other thing is getting the rules in place for colors and elements to make a consistent, strong design across all pieces. what you've done with the numbers makes sense, but i dont think it carries over well to the pants stripe, unless the idea is for the team to always wear red over red and white over white. even then, the big stripe on the pants with that many colors is overkill. i think this is where you want to start with a clean pant and ask "what is the least i can get away with here?". a simple hip logo might be all it needs? or maybe something new, like a hip number? maybe nothing at all?

think about those things with all the uniforms too. tie up those loose details

Made some updates based on what you recommended. Although I disagree. I didn't like the idea of a pewter helmet and it found nowhere else. A big problem for me is the similarity to the falcons with pewter which I though I avoided well. I also still think removing pewter would be a good idea if they were to rebrand. But each to they're own. So the two sets I've made are; one with the flag logo on the helmet without pant stripes, sans pewter. And another with pewter replacing black and pewter pants for both home and away. Very similar to their super bowl set.

QxSq9Pm.png

XnbZhX8.png

C&C appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Jets and Buccaneers Update Added)

yea i just cant like the Buccs without pewter but between those two options i think the 2nd is working best. on the first, those tangerine stripes really call attention. i guess you have to ask yourself, is that what you want the eye to be attracted to? personally, thats not what i would try to do, especially when its their least important color in that concept. 

maybe pewter becomes the 3rd or 4th color though? if you keep it to an accent, in the real world you could use metallic theread and vinyl. so you keep the signature color but without using it as a base with Nike’s bland fabric

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

yea i just cant like the Buccs without pewter but between those two options i think the 2nd is working best. on the first, those tangerine stripes really call attention. i guess you have to ask yourself, is that what you want the eye to be attracted to? personally, thats not what i would try to do, especially when its their least important color in that concept. 

maybe pewter becomes the 3rd or 4th color though? if you keep it to an accent, in the real world you could use metallic theread and vinyl. so you keep the signature color but without using it as a base with Nike’s bland fabric

I think I'm happiest with my original look and previous statements. IMO removing pewter would be a nice refresh for the bucs. Along with the logo update. If anything i'd also be ok with the flag logo concept I did. Just don't think keeping pewter is a good idea. Nike pewter or not.

Up next I've done the Texans! 

I went out of the box with this one. Based on the logo or the flag of texas. Not much else to say, so here's the concept!

JgA9doj.png

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Texans Added)
45 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I think I'm happiest with my original look and previous statements. IMO removing pewter would be a nice refresh for the bucs. Along with the logo update. If anything i'd also be ok with the flag logo concept I did. Just don't think keeping pewter is a good idea. Nike pewter or not.

I went out of the box with this one. Based on the logo or the flag of texas. Not much else to say, so here's the concept!

JgA9doj.png

Where are the TV Numbers?

da0Lbhs.png

5 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

JgA9doj.png

I love the outside the box thinking, but how does a single number work here?

19 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

JgA9doj.png

If this was less “out-there”, it would be great - get rid of the sleeve caps and add number outlines (for numbers with one color, not two). Then, use the amazing pants stripe to make a piping pattern around the sleeve cap (like what you have with the white piping around the sleeves on the navy uniform). This both pays homage to their great current uniforms, and adds more use to the pants stripes (which IMO are easily the best part of this design). Maybe try the stripe on the helmet as well. And, while I’m sure navy will look better, could you make a version with white helmets (with or without striping)?

ExJworW.png

23 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Where are the TV Numbers?

Funny enough I mistakenly uploaded the wrong file. Somehow I didn't save the concept to the same file (Probably bc I forget to save stuff all the time in general) And ended up uploading the work in progress. The version I meant to upload had the tv numbers and continued the white stripes to the back.

18 hours ago, El Scorcho said:

I love the outside the box thinking, but how does a single number work here?

4 hours ago, scottyeagle said:

Yeah, the multi-colored numbers might be more successful if they were cut in half the other direction, similar to the University of Arizona's old numbers (without the gradient, of course)

45 minutes ago, jaytavo305 said:

I like the sleeve caps, the multicolored looks sick there, but the numbers don't work. I would either go up and down, like @scottyeagle said, or just a solid color. Other wise, it's a nice concept, love the pant stripe. 

Y'all are definitely right up to down continues the stripe pattern and works with single digit numbers. Good call. Heres the updated set:

NIHXAr5.png

3YCQJRO.png

Archived