DietDrPepper vs The NFL (Tampa Bay Bucs)

_DietDrPepper_

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back! Here are my idea of what the Titans can looks like. Upgraded to their arguably better logo. Minimized red and navy to prioritize the Columbia blue. And I also fixed the number font and sword shoulder design. Hope you enjoy.

S6NFZ60.png

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Titans Update Added)

Not bad. Few things I would change...

The thin white stripe on the helmet should be light blue.

Drop the lines inside the numbers or change the font. The main font is very rounded and smooth, but the inner lines are very square with sharp corners and don't blend well.

You need a second color for pants. The home unis would always be white on light blue on navy and to me that looks like a mess.

• 4 months later...

spacer.png

I'm back! After some delay due to other projects I've finally got around to doing some more of these. 

First, @GDLions I've decided to scrap that (rough and poorly constructed) Titans concept and start from new, I kept a few pieces, but I decided to focus on the Oilers look (original I know) I've got two looks, one with red and one with navy, both centered around columbia blue.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Would love to hear what y'all think!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I also like the double blue the best. Dont forget the TV numbers, they really help complete the concept and help balance colors. Also I really like the consistent stripes throughout. Thats something that teams dont do enough and it drives me crazy, so thank you.

22 hours ago, GDLions said:

Also I really like the consistent stripes throughout. Thats something that teams dont do enough and it drives me crazy, so thank you.

Welp, sorry in advance.

Next team up is the Cards! I'm (obviously) completely destroying their current look. It's pretty bad. What I'm replacing it with is a bit interesting though. I threw silver in there and removed black because I think it would be a nice refresh and an interesting turn in their identity history. I am harking back to their old look a bit by disrupting the symmetry of their uniforms, much like the giants do. (They had it like that from 65 to 01 anyway, and just like NY they're old and it works) I did however flip it so the red uniform had stripes and the white didn't. Finally I darkened the red and gave them a silver helmet.

spacer.png

C&C Appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Arizona Cardinals)
12 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Welp, sorry in advance.

Haha cant win them all I guess.

I actually really like the silver for the Cards. Its super classy and gives them a nice retro look. Id like to see the red jersey without stripes, but if one jersey is gonna have stripes it should be the away with a R/S/R pattern, same for the pants. If the stripes stay on the red then I think you should switch them so they go w/s/w, I think the silver gets lost being stuck between the red and white.

Overall though its a nice clean look for a classic old school team. Well done!

Tennessee shouldn’t have any Oilers iconography and that’s the MF tea, sis. But in all seriousness, the double blue should be used instead of the Columbia/Red combo (because that belongs to Houston football 😛 ), and try increasing the number outline on it ever so slightly. It honestly can make a world of difference. The helmet looks good, but change the columbia outside on the logo to navy, as it contrasts a lot better with the white and light grey.

For Arizona, try it with their current number font (or a more angular variant of it) and see how that looks. Right now, it’s simply too plain to work IMO, and the custom font could really shift it from being bland design to something more unique and modern while still keeping a more traditional feel.

also the home uniform should have TV numbers but that’s just me

overall, solid looks and quality comeback

@Htown1141 I decided against a modern font, the font I'm using is a replica of the font used from the days in chicago till the most recent update. I personally don't hate the current font, but I do think the one I used is much better. And about the shoulder numbers, I'm choosing to leave them off, not as part of the design but as a "template thing"

(gimp makes things blurry when rotated and it bugs me when it sticks out as the only blurry thing)

@Jeffery I tried an updated desert cardinal, but I don't like it as much as the original.

Here are the changes and updates!

With the new cardinal:

spacer.png

And without the new cardinal:

spacer.png

Differences are that I flipped the stripes from the home to the road. I also removed the red pants, because I wanted to emulate a certain uniform that I adore and think would work great for AZ.

C&C appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

• _DietDrPepper_ changed the title to BellaSpurs vs The NFL (Arizona Cardinals Update)

Definitely like the all red logo best. The update is really good. Switching the stripes looks way better, this whole set is so much better than what they have. Also I like the classic font better. Always bothers me when a team does a mostly classic look and then slaps some tacky font on there (looking at you Detroit)

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, BellaSpurs said:

For Tampa Bay, I ignored most of everything of their current set, and focused mostly on the Super Bowl set. With one exception, no pewter, it's a crime I know. I went with white over pewter because its a good reference to the Creamsicle era, but also mainly because I'd rather white over the sad excuse of pewter Nike has. I also updates the primary to just the skull. Again, in reference to the Bucco Bruce logo. The current flag logo is adorned on the sleeves. Finally I updated the colors to the Creamsicle orange, darkened red, white, and black. Here's how it looks! C&C appreciated.

BIIwYdV.png

I would try slate. There is a variety of slate. I shouldn't link Wikipedia, BUT you should use this and brighten the red and it would work out seriously.

I would use a medium version of slate grey  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_gray

I am not trying to say pewter is not a good color. But I prefer slate grey over pewter. Slate grey has a tinge of azure (the azure the Detroit Lions have) and with that type of grey, it mesh well with any type of red colors. If the red was a Oklahoma crimson, then slate grey would make that color pop. I rather the orange as a logo color or if you replace black with the slate color if you end up using dark slate grey, then that would look freaking gorgeous!

13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

@Htown1141 I decided against a modern font, the font I'm using is a replica of the font used from the days in chicago till the most recent update. I personally don't hate the current font, but I do think the one I used is much better. And about the shoulder numbers, I'm choosing to leave them off, not as part of the design but as a "template thing"

(gimp makes things blurry when rotated and it bugs me when it sticks out as the only blurry thing)

@Jeffery I tried an updated desert cardinal, but I don't like it as much as the original.

Here are the changes and updates!

With the new cardinal:

spacer.png

And without the new cardinal:

spacer.png

Differences are that I flipped the stripes from the home to the road. I also removed the red pants, because I wanted to emulate a certain uniform that I adore and think would work great for AZ.

C&C appreciated!

I do not like that! Cardinal crimson and white looks better without. Bring back black as the third color and just try a design like that. Silver looks better with a bright red color or Texas A&M's maroon.

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

I do not like that! Cardinal crimson and white looks better without. Bring back black as the third color and just try a design like that. Silver looks better with a bright red color or Texas A&M's maroon.

Well I’ll win some and I’ll lose some, I’m sorry you don’t like the design but the goal of my cardinals rebrand was to go in a different direction from anythin the team has worn before while also using a mixture of classic elements. I like how the design came out and don’t think I want to change it. 

3YCQJRO.png

From a historical/traditional perspective, the Cardinals in any helmet other than their classic plain white shell is usually a bit of a no-no, but I have to give you props because you took that chance and it looks good! I definitely like that K-State vibe it gives. 

Next up I've got the browns. Much like the cardinals they're current look is pretty extremely bad and needed some changes. Instead of changing though, I brought back the previous set, which while simple and uncreative as that is, is their best look and they should never of changed it.

spacer.png

Again I know its not that creative, but I really like how it came out. C&C Appreciated.

3YCQJRO.png

Archived