Do the Browns, Bengals, Broncos and Bears, Dolphins, and Buccaneers all use the same orange?

I'm pretty sure the NFL allows each team one unique color that nobody else uses. Or maybe that's an old rule.

Anyway...as far as the Bears and Broncos, I believe the blues are different but they use the same orange. I don't think the Bengals or Browns share that shade, and I don't think they share a shade with each other either. Dolphins just changed their orange last year. Was it the same as any of the others before? Or is it now? Or neither? Not sure. Buccaneers I believe have always used a lighter orange than other teams. It may have changed over the years, but I think it's still closer to Creamsicle than to Orange Crush.

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I'm pretty sure the NFL allows each team one unique color that nobody else uses. Or maybe that's an old rule.

Nope.  Packers and Jets use the same shade of green, and have since the current Jets uniform was introduced.  And the Packers and Steelers have used the same gold going way back, at least as far as the digital revolution of the 1990s. 

Back in the 1940s, each team was required to have its own unique color scheme.  The Packers kept green in their scheme to separate themselves from the Rams, even though they never used it.   But that’s the closest I can think of to what you’re saying. 

12 hours ago, tigerraven said:

Well, thanks to bhutchcraft89 .... and according to the team color codes llisted above.... the question has ben answered.

Dolphins, Broncos, and Bengals are all the same shade of orange.  Bears, Browns, and Buccaneers are unique.

That site isn’t 100% accurate, though.

23 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Nope.  Packers and Jets use the same shade of green, and have since the current Jets uniform was introduced.  And the Packers and Steelers have used the same gold going way back, at least as far as the digital revolution of the 1990s. 

Back in the 1940s, each team was required to have its own unique color scheme.  The Packers kept green in their scheme to separate themselves from the Rams, even though they never used it.   But that’s the closest I can think of to what you’re saying. 

I didn't say they HAD to have a unique color, only that if they chose to I read somewhere several years ago that each team could only have one. It could've been wrong, I don't know.

Fun fact: the Cowboys' silver-green pant color is also used as a non-uniform accent color by the Eagles.

Nice idea of posting photos of each jersey, but the eye test only helps so much..... you have to take in lighting, camera quality, the angles of each player, etc..... I don't think each team uses the same shade, but I do feel that one group of teams uses the same Orange while another group uses a lighter shade going off the eye test. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

13 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Nice idea of posting photos of each jersey, but the eye test only helps so much..... you have to take in lighting, camera quality, the angles of each player, etc..... I don't think each team uses the same shade, but I do feel that one group of teams uses the same Orange while another group uses a lighter shade going off the eye test. 

Yeah it wasn't meant to be scientific. Just wanted to compare these teams while in action. The Getty website has tons of pics of these games, and they pretty much look the same as the ones I posted.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:50 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Cleveland is definetly more of a brighter more obnoxious orange though.

Cleveland specifically sought to have an orange that is separate from Cincinnati during the rebrand while also being darker than the previous orange.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/22/2018 at 9:06 AM, MCM0313 said:

I didn't say they HAD to have a unique color, only that if they chose to I read somewhere several years ago that each team could only have one. It could've been wrong, I don't know.

Fun fact: the Cowboys' silver-green pant color is also used as a non-uniform accent color by the Eagles.

What's a non uniform accent color? Logo color?

they're all pretty close. to the naked eye, i'd say they're all a fairly basic Orange. i dont think i can share the textile colors (fabric) but digging into the PMS colors on the style guides, lets see...

Bears - PMS 1665 

Buccs - PMS 151

Bengals - PMS 1665 

Browns - PMS 2028

Dolphins - PMS 1655

Broncos - PMS 1655

On 12/22/2018 at 10:06 AM, MCM0313 said:

another one thats close enough to the naked eye to call the same, although the PMS colors are different swatches. 8240 vs 8280. looks like the Eagles designate it to the silver in the wings on the helmet. this could have been updated recently; the NFL has tweaked he swatches over the past 2 seasons.

@Gothamite you're right, Jets and Packers use the same textile/fabric and it has a name in the logo slick. i'll leave that up to your imagination. its ridiculous :P looks like they use different PMS colors though

as much as i want to, im too afraid to share the name of the Jaguars lightest gold color, but its my favorite. if someone can dig that up, it'd be worth your time.  

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived