NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (League COMPLETE 5/28)

JB Designs

From Music City to a team with a music moniker...

The St. Louis Blues

The angled jerseys of the Gretzky era are back, but with a twist. Rather than adding red, the Blues subtract royal and white for a clean, two-color Color Rush look. The hem follows a similar angled pattern to the first iteration white the arms feature the five stripes seen in sheet music halfway up the sleeves and a thick cuff at their ends. The fabled St. Louis horn logo returns in a new two-color variant and the chest logo and #OB are angles to match the striping on the hem. Equipment keeps it simple and keeps it navy to contrast the bold gold sweater.

8tDWtbj.png

Let's here some feedback, ladies and gents! Only one more team left in the Central.

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (STL added 2/4)
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Louis looks good in a vacuum, but it feels too much like Nashville, especially with the staff pattern separated from the big blocks of color. Incorporating royal blue and/or red, and/or having a large block of color up to the sleeve striping would help. 

I love your Capitals & Avalanche concepts! Perfectly done! Only concern for CO, the white helmet + blue jersey look amazing, but would it be allowed?

Chicago and Montreal also look pretty darn good.

Minnesota feels kinda out of place given their current, more reserved aesthetic. Still, not bad.

TB's logo needs a thicker outline; right now it's kinda awkward.

Like the idea to simplify Dallas's star jersey. The white and gray bleed together on outlines & stuff.

Good work!

Thanks for the feedback, guys. When I get some time, I'll go back and take a look at those. We round out the central with...

The  Winnipeg Jets

This one should've been fairly obvious. Who better to do a white-out than Winnipeg? The Jets' beautiful new wordmark finds a home on the chest and the numbers find one on the shoulders. The jersey adopts a simple design to really let the white take hold, but shows some inspiration from the Jets inaugural look from the 1980s. The Jets use their current name and number font, but with the numbers in white and outlined in blue, matching the wordmark while again driving home the white-out theme. Winnipeg also adopts white gloves while using blue pants to help bring some balance to the set.

QPePhHC.png

Keep that C&C Coming, folks!

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (WPG added 2/11)
  • 2 weeks later...

My apologies for the unintended week and a half break. For awhile there, it looked like my laptop had breathed it's last, but we got her up and kicking again. So, in the spirit of recent events with my laptop, we're bringing the series back to life!

The Anaheim Ducks

Eggplant is the name of the game for Anaheim as they return to their original colors for Color Rush. The striping pattern draws from the infamous Wild Wing, paired with a matching hem stripe to keep things from going too crazy again. Modern Primary is recolored to match the old scheme and jade and eggplant are separated by white across the uniform set, from logos to striping to #OB to collar, consistency abounds. Not much more to say than that. An adaptation of an old favorite that leaves room for the old colors to truly shine.  

Bwy0v0F.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (ANA added 2/21)

Onward to Winnipeg!  PHOENIX! ARIZONA!

The Arizona Coyotes

Arizona follows Anaheim's lead by adapting another iconic alternate to fit today's design trends. The cactus green and stone orange return as does the angled hem striping of the old "Peyote Coyote". Black is replaced in the look by a darker green and the Arizona sunburst can be found sublimated on both the jersey and pants. The old 'Yotes wordmark returns to the helmet and the crescent moon shoulder patch finds a second life on the left shoulder only (there is only one moon after all). 

What do you guys think? This was one of my favourites to design so far!

4sHgOX3.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (ARI added 2/23)
Guest darkpiranha
55 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Love it, but I think you should make the numbers the other sand colour from the logo.

seconded

57 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Love it, but I think you should make the numbers the other sand colour from the logo.

2 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

seconded

That was something I looked at when I was putting it together, but it threw off the Color balance at bit more than would be desired. I’ll go back through my files and see if I saved a copy

The Calgary Flames

The Flames build on the success of the 2011 Heritage Classic jersey by once again adopting the maroon and gold scheme for their Color Rush set, though this time with an absence of white. The numbers follow the lead of the logo with a maroon base and a single gold outline and the striping follows suit as well. Gone are the shoulder flags, replaced here with the triumphant return of the horse head secondary, which finds an additional home on the right leg of the pants.

wadbmKj.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (CGY added 2/25)
On 2/11/2019 at 12:59 PM, JB Designs said:

Thanks for the feedback, guys. When I get some time, I'll go back and take a look at those. We round out the central with...

The  Winnipeg Jets

This one should've been fairly obvious. Who better to do a white-out than Winnipeg? The Jets' beautiful new wordmark finds a home on the chest and the numbers find one on the shoulders. The jersey adopts a simple design to really let the white take hold, but shows some inspiration from the Jets inaugural look from the 1980s. The Jets use their current name and number font, but with the numbers in white and outlined in blue, matching the wordmark while again driving home the white-out theme. Winnipeg also adopts white gloves while using blue pants to help bring some balance to the set.

QPePhHC.png

Keep that C&C Coming, folks!

This would be EXTREME for the playoffs. Do the rangers and isles next!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

The Edmonton Oilers

The Oilers Color Rush look takes the old steel drop in a different direction based of one of the prototype designs of the Adidas switch over. Rounded striping on the hem and cuffs mimics the outline of the oil drop seen in the logo and shoulder numbers. This oil drop number look is also carried onto the helmets and pants. The ode to the steel drop wouldn’t be complete without a return of the steel drop font, so that makes a return as well. After seeing how nice the name McDavid looked in it, it seemed criminal not to include.

spacer.png

Let’s hear some more C&C, folks!

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (EDM added 3/3)
  • 2 months later...

I bet you thought you were rid of me...

No such luck, ladies and gents. Laptop breathed its last, so I've been crawling through the end of the semester in campus libraries and pushing off the search for a replacement til summer. Fortunately, summer has arrived as well as a new laptop, so we're back in business

The Los Angeles Kings

The Kings Color Rush merges a couple eras to get the job done for Los Angeles. The jersey itself merges the looks of the 2014 Stadium Series look with the Gretzky era design (The grey base coming from the SS look and the numbers in the striping coming from the Gretzky era, and the general striping pattern shared in both). The numbers themselves come from the throwback alternate adopted by the Kings at the end of the Reebok era, while the pants and helmet logos come again from the Stadium Series, but this time from 2015. The Kings proved with their 50th Anniversary jersey that a silver jersey could work, so there's no reason to believe anything would stop them from adopting that color in a Color Rush system.

spacer.png

Lets hear some C&C. After 2 months off, there’s sure to be some rust.

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (LAK added 5/11)

The San Jose Sharks

The Sharks Color Rush look grants the 'Los Tiburones' logo its rightful  position as a primary. The Sharks adopt a black look on the heels of the success of their Stealth jersey, but this time infusing a bit more color through a full length teal yoke, complete with a striping pattern based off the gills in the primary. A new secondary logo (designed by yours truly) can be found on the shoulders, pants, and helmet. This new logo builds off the negative-space S in the bottom of the chest logo and adds a J while forming a shark tooth silhouette to tie the logo back to both the city and the team. White numbers balance out the look given the prominence of black and teal in the rest of the set.

C&C welcome, folks! (especially with the new logo added here)

spacer.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (SJS added 5/14)

San Jose's color balance and basic design is pretty good. However, the "SJ" logo reads a bit too much like "SV." Also, the striping feels more like cat scratches than gills. Maybe try vertical gills?

Your LA jersey is solid; about as good as it gets with the Kings' bland colors. I'd go with white numbers on the sleeves rather than silver.

Going back a bit, I like the sleeve numbers for the Oilers.

Arizona is solid, but I'd go with a copper helmet and maybe try to incorporate some red or black to tie it more to real life sets.

Your Anaheim concept is one of the best I've seen in those colors! Well done!

I feel like I missed a bunch of these. 

Ducks should flip the jade and eggplant, except keep the eggplant pants. 

Love the Blues, but I’d have to agree it does look a lot like a Nashville jersey. But, I’d love to see the trumpet actually made gold. 

Sharks are really cool, but agree the gill stripes miss the mark. I always liked the fin sort of design of their pre-edge set, like what Anaheim uses now. Maybe you could get it more like that somehow?

Archived