NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (League COMPLETE 5/28)

JB Designs

The New York Islanders

At long last, the Fisherman returns. Recolored and reimagined. Orange reigns supreme in this set with the blue and white striping inspired by the waves in the logo. The lighthouse logo returns on the shoulders and pants and the fisherman wordmark finds a second home here. With these bright orange uniforms, the Isles hope to be a shining beacon leading the franchise to victory.4bVhYUi.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (NYI added 1/12)
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New York Rangers

Another New York 90's legend returns. The Rangers adopt the first ever red jersey in their history with a familiar face on the front and their primary on the shoulders. The striping pattern adapts their original Lady Liberty look to a two-tone scheme with the removal of silver to clean up the look. The Rangers keep their red pants (albeit with a different pattern) and round out the equipment set with blue gloves and helmet. 

z5jeSzm.png

C&C on the NY teams or any of the preceding? We'll head to Pennsylvania for a look at both that the Flyers and Pens (and a bonus 2019 Stadium Series concept) tomorrow!

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (NYR added 1/15)

The Philadelphia Flyers

The Broad Street Bullies are Back in Black (and rid of white)! The Flyers Color Rush look takes some inspiration from their 2017 Stadium Series sweater with a purely black and orange look. The arms feature 4 half stripes inspired by the feathers of the logo and the Philadelphia Quakers heritage. This pattern is simplified to two stripes on the hem and socks for clarity's sake and the TV numbers find a home on the shoulders to leave space for the striping on the arms. The rear of the sweater features the Flyers trademark off-color namebar and a number outline derived from the primary logo on the front.

c8T1Tr4.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (PHI added 1/16)

Fallen off schedule, again... But here's the second Pennsylvania (and my favorite NHL) team...

The Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh gold takes the forefront here and the primary loses its triangle yet again. This triangular pattern is not entirely lost, however, as the pattern extends the ends of the yoke, coming to a point beneath the numbers. This striping pattern is mimicked on the hem and socks, while the pants adopt a single stripe. The little-used penguins wordmark appears on the helmet and the P from this logo can be found on the right leg of the pants.

aorRlja.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (PIT added 1/17)

On 12/28/2018 at 2:55 PM, Blitz said:

Not a Panthers fan, but this may be the sexiest FLA concept I have ever seen... Love the rest of them as well, but that cats jersey...

On 12/30/2018 at 12:31 AM, JB Designs said:

The Ottawa Senators

With a concerning lack of creativity in their jerseys in recent years, Ottawa tries to buck the trend of their recent looks. The sideways centurion returns along with a new take on the barber pole striping complete with a sublimated laurel patter. The shoulder patch of the early 2000s returns, but its wings are clipped so it fits better as a shoulder patch.

YnBo1zr.png

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far. Keep it coming and I'll be sure to keep the concepts coming as well.

Well, I certainly didnt think you could top FLA... THIS may be the overall sexiest (Sens or otherwise) concept i have ever layed eyes on... Perfect mix of the original set & the current look - Seriously beautiful work.

canada.png

5 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

Fantastic start to finish so far.  More, please.

More you ask and more you shall get. 

The Washington Capitals

Like many Capitals concepts these days, the Caps Color Rush takes some clear inspiration from the DC flag, hopefully a bit more subtly than many concepts these day, though. The striping pattern features the two red stripes on a white backdrop and the three stars of the flag can be seen throughout the uniform, from the shoulder, pants, and helmet logos to the Captains patch on the chest. The weagle finds its proper place on the chest and the Stadium Series pants logo sees greater prominence. Often known for their lack of jersey acumen, the Color Rush system provides Washington with a look fit for the nation’s capital.

ljo5q9v.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (PHI added 1/18)
1 hour ago, Blitz said:

Well, I certainly didnt think you could top FLA... THIS may be the overall sexiest (Sens or otherwise) concept i have ever layed eyes on... Perfect mix of the original set & the current look - Seriously beautiful work.

Thanks for the positivity, man. Really helps keep you motivated in a 31-look series.

Washington rounds out the East, so let's take a look back at what we've seen so far before moving out west. 

First off a reminder of the ground rules:

1) Each team will have a unique primary jersey color in their division. This would allow any divisional match-up to be a COLOR RUSH game and guarantees some unique looks for the league.

2) Each team will have a unique primary-secondary scheme in the league. For example, though there may be a few black COLOR RUSH looks, there will only be one black and white team and one black and red team and so forth.

3) Each team will adopt a COLOR RUSH jersey of a different primary color than their primary home jersey to give fans something new to look at (and something new to buy). 

The Atlantic Division

One Division, Four Original Six teams, fortunately that's a trend that won't continue. Boston, Montreal, and Toronto look to their past while Detroit finds inspiration in what is still to come. The Floridian teasm show a mix of state pride and team identity while the Sens and Sabres round out the division by meshing several eras of their jersey histories. 

This Atlantic offers us a fresh color pallet for a division that is almost entirely red and blue (kudos to you, Boston). The Color Rush system gives us yellow, royal, white, navy, maroon, black, grey, and green and offers up a whole slew of potential match-ups between the involved teams (although Florida may pose some issues if matched up against Buffalo or Ottawa, but nobody's perfect and there's plenty of other divisional games where their CR set could see use). I think a personal favorite of mine would be the long-standing Boston-Montreal rivalry and seeing gold and maroon do battle rather than black or red and white. Let me know your favorite pairs and I can see about putting together a more in-depth uniform match-up graphic for those of interest once this is all said and done.

w0kUJjJg.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (EAST completed 1/18)
On 1/3/2019 at 4:45 PM, ldconcepts said:

I think the second flag should be added to the crest here, I don't think it would be very hard if you overlaid their current secondary logo over the triangle.

The last few have been really nice.

Before I post the Metro DIvison set, here's an update to the Hurricane's based on LD's feedback and some personal preferences after revisiting the design. Things to note: Updated alternate logo used throughout the set, collar changes color from red to black, number outline removed, NOB changed from solid black to red with black outline.

4fvxqzs.png

And our second complete division...

The Metropolitan Division

The Metro provides some more unique looks as past and present combine to forge a new future. The two New York clubs bring back fan-favorite logos from the 90s and New Jersey joins in the push for the past. The rest of the vision looks forward with looks inspired by recent success. The Canes rock a Storm Grey look and the Jackets don the double blue once again. Pennsylvania turns to two looks remiscent of the 2017 Stadium Series while Washington finally promotes the Weagle to primary status. Particular match-ups of note here would be the Isles and Caps doing battle in orange and navy and the Battle of Pennsylvania, featuring a black on gold game that has already exhibited success.

qpS2Avg.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (METRO added 1/19)

With the announcement of the full slate of teams for the NHL's upcoming season of outdoor games, its only fitting to move ahead with...

The Chicago Blackhawks

Chicago takes heavy inspiration from their 2019 Winter Classic look as well as their city flag on their Color Rush look. The black and white scheme of the Winter Classic returns, as does a simplified striping pattern and the logo from the practice jerseys. The arm striping replaces the thin interior stripe with four six-pointed stars, leaving the arms a one-color representation of the city flag, a flag prominently displayed on the city edition of the Chicago Bulls. As would be expected, the equipment remains relatively simple and matches the black and white look of the sweater.

AzxTAKD.png 

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (CHI added 1/25)

The Colorado Avalanche

Colorado’s sky/steel/whatever-you-want-to-call-it blue is promoted to the primary here with white capped shoulders matching the snow covered peak of the Av’s alternate logo found on the chest. A simple maroon pattern can be found in the striping and color as well as in the name which rests in an extended yoke. The pants are blue with a single white stripe in the C from the primary, becoming a vertical version of the Colorado flag. Socks match the hem and the helmets and gloves are white to add to the snow-capped look. 

IW5FlVJ.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (COL added 1/26)

As we continue with the central, we head to my hometown team.

The Dallas Stars

Silver takes the forefront here as the Stars throwback to their most iconic jersey, albeit in a simplified form. The old star sweater returns in a three color setup where silver, green, and white are on full display. The chest features a two-color variant of the Texas-silhouette logo and the shoulders do the same with the stars roundel. The pants and helmets feature a two-color variant of the Stars' primary and the unique Stars font is used for the numbers throughout the jersey.

80N0bjIg.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (DAL added 1/28)

Love, love, love the Avs & Hawks - the Stars concept is solid, but the grey just seems to 'washout' the contrast & sharpness their logo usually has, and IMO needs to have in order to look right. Maybe a bit darker grey (Moonstone-ish), or a lighter 'silver' would help it?  Maybe it's just my phone contrast too lol! All in all continued great work!!!

canada.png

cool isles fisherman concept (in this timeline, barzal changed his number to 16, i assume, to honor ziggy palffy). the one thing i might tweak is maybe just using the fisherman's head for a crest logo. i always thought it would look cool on its own.

sig2024.png

On 1/29/2019 at 3:59 AM, Blitz said:

Love, love, love the Avs & Hawks - the Stars concept is solid, but the grey just seems to 'washout' the contrast & sharpness their logo usually has, and IMO needs to have in order to look right. Maybe a bit darker grey (Moonstone-ish), or a lighter 'silver' would help it?  Maybe it's just my phone contrast too lol! All in all continued great work!!!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll go back and take a look at what the Stars would look like with a darker grey. Definitely not something I thought of the first time around, just kinda pulled the silver from their logo and ran with it.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:29 AM, Brian E said:

cool isles fisherman concept (in this timeline, barzal changed his number to 16, i assume, to honor ziggy palffy). the one thing i might tweak is maybe just using the fisherman's head for a crest logo. i always thought it would look cool on its own.

Might be worth taking a look at as well,  though I tend to shy away from dismembered heads as primary crests. Yeah, the Barzal number was an oversight on my part. It's updated in the full Metro mock-up, but I didn't feel it worthwhile to repost the concept just for that.

Speaking of dismembered heads...

The Minnesota Wild

The Wild return to red with the Color Rush look and bring back one of the more unique fonts in the NHL's history. The jersey features a full length green yoke that includes a few elements from t eh primary logo, a sublimated tree appears on the cuff and the North Star finds a home about halfway up each sleeve. Gloves and helmet are green to build off the color of the yoke while socks and pants remain red to keep that Color Rush Identity.

cQKHuRW.png

• JB Designs changed the title to NHL COLOR RUSH by JB Designs (MIN added 2/1)

The Nashville Predators 

Music City returns to Navy and brings back their pre-edge font. Striping is inspired by the Sabre-toothed logo with the pattern simplified on the hem and socks. A standalone white tooth finds a home in the pants design and the guitar pick shoulder patch is simplified to include just the 3-Star rounder of the Tenessee flag for use on the shoulders.

NSJhtaX.png

Keep that C&C coming! Let me know what you think.

Archived