NHL City Edition Series - 03/13/19 Seattle posted (32/31)

Edubdesign

Continuing on here with the Blue Jackets, living up to their name. I know their current brand has been inspired by iconography from the Civil War, since Columbus is where the uniforms of the Union Army were made.

Considering that history, I looked through what Union Army uniforms looked like and found a striking look in there - that of a cavalry sergeant. Those uniforms would feature three chevron stripes on the arms, bright cyan pants and a special crossed cannons insignia. So, I figured that's what I'd do for CBJ's new "United we Stand" uniforms.

5sDoA9e.png

On another note... I'm getting tired of doing the standard "alphabetical order" thing. I've got all the teams already done. What should I post next?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, way to keep up the awesome work!

While I'm not a huge fan of the feather-inspired striping, everything else about your Chicago uni looks great! I like that old school font!

Colorado looks really great as is (just need to darken the burgundy a bit) but it might be cool to incorporate more of that light blue from your logo.

Sorry to say, but I really don't like your Hurricanes updated logo. It doesn't read well as a hurricane... I'd just go with their current logo if I were you.

And as for Columbus?

NHL MAKE IT REAL NOW

Before we start hopscotching around the league, I figured I'd show this one off first. It's the Dallas Stars' City Edition uni - something I'm calling "Big and Bright".

The jersey features pieces of glow-in-the-dark fabric inside the striping pattern. Not only will it look amazing during the team's pregame ceremonies and when worn outside the rink at night, it also brings to mind the famous green lights at the Bank of American Plaza building.

a0Vx3De.png

Still taking C&C and requests for which team you'd like to see next. We're just under a third down and there's still plenty more to get to.

On 1/6/2019 at 4:19 PM, Eric Westhaver said:

Continuing on here with the Blue Jackets, living up to their name. I know their current brand has been inspired by iconography from the Civil War, since Columbus is where the uniforms of the Union Army were made.

Considering that history, I looked through what Union Army uniforms looked like and found a striking look in there - that of a cavalry sergeant. Those uniforms would feature three chevron stripes on the arms, bright cyan pants and a special crossed cannons insignia. So, I figured that's what I'd do for CBJ's new "United we Stand" uniforms.

5sDoA9e.png

On another note... I'm getting tired of doing the standard "alphabetical order" thing. I've got all the teams already done. What should I post next?

Shampoo!

Awesome job

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Well, since Vegas is the team that came up most often, here you go.

Influenced by Vancouver's V, but with a few touches that let you know it's a Vegas team - the neon circular "VGK" on the sleeves for example, along with an old-school font. Not to mention the "gold" - how can you call the team the "Golden Knights" without having a gold jersey?

So here it is - the "Bright Nights" jersey for Vegas.

u1RyhSw.png

Let's get this sucker back going with the next team up, alphabetically. Still taking requests for teams that I haven't posted.

The Detroit Red Wings. Let's go back in time, to Motown, to the car industry at its peak and the city booming. It's time for a little "Motor City Magic".

dAFSrEx.png

We can keep it going with whatever you wanna see. The choice is yours. :)

Ok, here are Les Habitants. 

Bringing back one of their old NHA uniforms that was very Quebec-heavy in colour and stripes, adding a little bit of red and a new block M logo. The M is not only a shoutout to the original blue jersey (that one used a C) but also a shoutout to the Montreal Maroons. Inside the M are five embroidered symbols from the city flag of Montreal, each for a founding ethnic group of the city.

b4K6PoC.png

Let's do more of these. Hit me with your recommendations.

Let's do three, shall we?

First up, Edmonton. These unis are based on the coveralls Alberta oil workers have been wearing on the job for decades. That silver material, just like on those coveralls, is reflective.

yj3eKK8h.jpg

Next is Florida - an easy decision here. Influenced by the Heat, here are the Miami Vice Panthers.

TeK8MBLh.jpg

And one more (on request) - the Winnipeg Jets. Why only do Whiteouts in the playoffs? With this set, you can party like it's April at the Hangar all season long.

pgIfbA7h.jpg

Dallas is a cool idea, though I think the old star hem is a bit much.

Detroit's uniform totally feels like old sports cars. Good going!

I love the city flag idea for the Canadiens! I understand @NoE38's concerns about the Nordiques, but it doesn't bother me because it matches the other teams in the city well and just feels so Montreal! That said, if that bothered you, you could maybe try red pants and/or a red helmet?

I'd fill in that gap in the logo with silver for Edmonton, but otherwise, looks great.

That Florida concept looks really sweet! I love the neon-style logo; it's just so perfect! My only issue is with the black-on-black numbers. I'd just fill them in pink.

Winnipeg looks fine, though I think you should use the full retro logo.

Some more really great work here! If you're still going out of order, could we see San Jose or Toronto?

Archived