Another NHL Redesign Series (2018/2019) -- 21/31 completed (ARZ, PHI, PIT - updated)

Jack Holmes

I am not good at preamble.

I started some random NHL concepts, it turned into a redesign series. I thought I'd share them, now that I've completed about half the NHL.

A bunch first up;

Anaheim Ducks

I was - am - a big fan of their old Stadium Series uniform as well their subsequent orange alt, so I wanted to embrace the orange a lot more. 

OAoYHlZ.png

Boston Bruins

Similarly here I loved the Bruins old Winter Classic jersey, want to see more of it.

PLyXMAX.png

Buffalo Sabres

You can perhaps sense a pattern emerging of me being very inspired by one-off jerseys that I want to see made into a set. 

edH4sNO.png

Chicago Blackhawks

The pattern continues with the Blackhawks, too, with the roads inspired by the amount of black that decked their 2016 Stadium Series sweater.

apf4jY6.png

Columbus Blue Jackets

Simple, civil war era inspired Blue Jackets concept. Wanted to ditch the navy and red and see them take on this kind of look full time. 

xAlNpOX.png

C&C welcome. 

Winnipeg and Vegas coming soon.

Love those new colors for the Blue Jackets!

Chicago's away also looks really good with that much black.

I'm not a big fan of that look for Anaheim; the gold and orange bleed together at home, and the color balancing feels off away.

Way to get off to a good start here!

Anaheim: I love the home jersey, but the away needs a lot more orange. I'd suggest replacing the black hem with orange.

Boston: I don't have any complaints besides the collar, which could be fully black.

Buffalo: There needs to be more blue on the away jersey IMO. Either fill in the yoke or the hem. Also, I'd get rid of the half collar and fill in the white half blue. Other than that, the logos work very well.

Chicago: I like the approach you took with logo outlines and the numbers, and the away jersey looks great. Again, I don't like the collar, though that's just my opinion.

Columbus: Probably the best of the bunch. I love the colours and the striping, though I don't like the logo or font choice. IMO, any other font would work, and I don't think the oval shape works as a crest. Either use either crest they currently use, or maybe use the hat on its own or in a roundel.

Great start, looking forward to the rest of the series!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is an edit of Anaheim ft. an orange hem:

9Jx4Opc.png

And an update of Columbus with a round logo and squarer numbers:

pOe1PLK.png

And two new entries.

Winnipeg Jets

I kinda just want Columbus and Winnipeg to switch colour schemes. 

hZYYJmr.png

Las Vegas Golden Knights

Since the Knights are an expansion team, coming up with ideas from scratch always makes them look like a fantasy team to my eyes, so this is basically just what they're wearing now plus but with some extra black on the road sleeves to add a little more balance.

OsxCzsk.png

Three new updates.

Calgary Flames

True to the unofficial theme of this series, I am very drawn to the idea of Calgary in maroon (and cream), I suppose because when I think of Calgary I think of western motifs.

DQYF2zq.png

New Jersey Devils

This stripe pattern came to me in a dream (otherwise I just would have added back the old hem stripes. I also think angled sleeve stripes look more devilish.

iDFNHnS.png

Colorado Avalanche

The Avs look good in real life, although I think the mountain sleeve stripes don't lend themselves to modern templates, so combining them with another one-off jersey look makes the best of both worlds, in my opinion.

bfcUBkQ.png

These are all solid. I especially like the template. My only critique is with the Avs away jersey, and is one I have with 'em right now. The colors just aren't balanced. I'd replace the silver with blue and call it good. The design itself is real solid, though.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:14 PM, Zeus89725 said:

These are all solid. I especially like the template. My only critique is with the Avs away jersey, and is one I have with 'em right now. The colors just aren't balanced. I'd replace the silver with blue and call it good. The design itself is real solid, though.

I originally had it blue but I do think Colorado have it right in real life, silver borders maroon cleaner than navy does (a revelation I've had with this series is that some odd real life choices do work better than I used to think the did).

But for prosperity's sake, here's Colorado with a blue stripe.

naiLeIag.png

Here is an updated Calgary design too (sleeve stripes more prominent, designing this with '80s rugby polo top' in mind).

KGiAxSo.png

And five new entries;

Los Angeles Kings

Added a shoulder patch. Maintained the sleeve piping because I think it adds depth to what would otherwise be a very bare black, white and silver look. Meeting the Kings halfway too as far as the hem stripes go too, half a stripe cut off at the waist for home and road so at least both jerseys match.

6RWvMuq.png

Minnesota Wild

Matching the home to the road while keeping the same striping. This what I mean when some teams get it right even if it's off-putting for a concept - I just don't think a red stripe fits anywhere on the Wild's white jersey, but the red numbers ensure there's at least some balance of red between the home and road set. 

nyaDnl8.png

St. Louis Blues

Just changing the numbers and logo colours. I had a wilder design in mind but maybe I'll tweak for an alternate. I think this is classic modern era Blues.

mLhyVuY.png

Ottawa Senators

Originally this was a Team Canada jersey but Ottawa need some gold and the design evolved a little from there. I think Ottawa are a black team at heart too, it accentuates the red and gold (plus there are enough red teams).

6swM9tm.png

Washington Capitals

Just want to see Washington remove the sleeve piping.

GaXdta1.png

Bump for new entries.

Arizona Coyotes

Trying to mesh together their inaugural jerseys with the colour and style of their contemporary jerseys. I am not fond of their current jerseys but I do like re-addition of black and attempt to make them livelier. But like a lot of people (based on the concepts I see) I'd wish the Coyotes would embrace the elements that are strictly unique to them instead of opting for generic stripes.

mvVT7l9.png

Pittsburgh Penguins

I like the Lemieux era angled sleeve striping but I don't like the narrow yellow outlines on the road white jerseys they've maintained even today after reverting back to this classic look. Just straighten those out and I think Pittsburgh pop.

rrA2o8v.png

Philadelphia Flyers

Lindros era Flyers > Giroux era.

Z9ALqBY.png

Two other updates.

One to Buffalo, switching the yokes and replace the shoulder patch.

cGoa4H6.png

And optional Calgary design, replacing the cream with gold on the home and white on the road so they clash less with Arizona.

cknnGGc.png

Archived