Thrift Store Gems 2019

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/4/2019 at 4:45 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Saw these at the local TJMaxx in dfw today, fFTQCqFh.jpg

good luck selling that for $20!

Maybe if it were $20 for all of them and I needed a set because my team bus burned down. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Saw a bunch of old UW Husky football jerseys, but they didn't fit more and were more like a crop-top jersey, so I passed.

Also found a Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and a 1995-2007 Boston Bruins jersey.... I passed on both (already have the latter one).

UBwef0L.png

Back in December, I came across a bunch of blank Packers jerseys at Burlington.  If they'd had any in size 56, I would have bought one.

And now some Salvation Army finds I didn't buy, mostly due to size, starting with Intet

IMG-20181228-150342.jpg

IMG-20181228-150148.jpg

IMG-20181228-150137.jpg

IMG-20181228-150257.jpg

IMG-20181228-150306.jpg

...to be continued...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Found this (not my picture) Clemson baseball jersey in size L with the sales tags still attached today at my local thrift store. I’m willing to part with it if anyone wants to buy it. 

uinooOm.jpg

21 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

I have scored a few Bills Nike shirts with player names in the collars in the late summer weeks, probably players who were just cut. I think individual players must do it instead of teams themselves because I have never seen a mass pile all at once.

23 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

I used to work for the Washington Redskins like 10 years ago, and my cousin who managed the Redskins Store in FedEx Field at that time, got a whole bunch of "overstock" Reebok Parkas that he was asked to put out and sell for like $50, he quickly noticed most had Sharpie initials on the back. He put the 2xl one in the back for me, which did not have the initials, but at that time there was a SS which people presumed was Steve Spurrier's. The person who bought it was way too excited when they bought it. 

The Redskins did this a lot, especially during the off season at the store in the stadium to be able to raise awareness that there is a store in the Stadium that is open all the time. 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:26 AM, THRILLHO said:

A few years back the Panthers decided to completely redo all of the luxury boxes and donated all the old furniture to Habitat For Humanity stores in the Charlotte metro area. Now, I'm a Giants fan through and through, but it is pretty neat that my mancave is entirely furnished with chairs and tables from the Panthers.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:28 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

My buddy bought 2 of these for about $80 a day or 2 after they won

Kinda like how I can buy 2018 World Series Dodgers caps for $18 now even though I paid twice as much when they were first issued.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived