Thrift Store Gems 2019

At Burlington, I've come across some authentic...er, elite jerseys: blank Packers greens for $50, but they only have size 44 and 48...and Rodgers in 3X and 4X for $40.  Considering the original tags are still on, with the original price on display, I'll probably be kicking myself for not picking one up...but I'm waiting for a relative to pay me back.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won this at thrift store auction - only 2nd bidder in the binder with $20.  No one that showed up for the in person auction bothered to bid on it.

xV6R3ny.jpg

With 50% sale came to under $10 total for the shirt and cap.  By quirk of fate last name on jersey matches my one cousin's last name.

9tjeBAf.jpg

khjSvuY.jpg

19OollB.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

ff_3329867-a83193a58b02739a0bfd_full.jpg

Not this exact hat, but scored this at Marshall's a few nights back for $5.99. It pays to wait and not pay $35 the night your team wins a championship.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 1/11/2019 at 9:47 AM, Discrimihater said:

Back in December, I came across a bunch of blank Packers jerseys at Burlington.  If they'd had any in size 56, I would have bought one.

Was this at 124th and Capitol? I only saw size 44 there on Sunday.

It's where I sit.

Given I haven't stepped foot in Milwaukee in years, negatory...this is at Regency Mall in Racine.  Last I checked, still a bunch of size 44 and 48 blanks for the taking.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Hi - I found an old Adidas Trefoil branded  jersey last week, but I cannot find the team.  It looks like FC Knoebel.  Has anyone ever heard of this club.  I tried to share images.  I appreciate any help as I find these jerseys interesting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bJIzs4CPeH7GceUe7p9doiI-6tGRnrMM/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NTtqgesc41c-GZBW9ODTGhUTalstL0la/view?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

At Burlington I got a Real Madrid scarf from their 2012 summer US tour, when the International Champions Cup was the Herbalife World Football Challenge. I have no idea how this bounced around for that long, I've never seen anything from Marshall's etc. that old.

Back in 2012, I found a Leon Lett jersey at a Marshall's in Rochester, NY 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped by Burlington today. Slovenia, Chile, and Netherlands soccer jerseys for $40. Duke Nike football replicas, $25. And the blank Carolina Panthers Nike Elite jerseys (the $325 ones) are marked down to $25. Pretty wide run of sizes and home/away. If I thought there was even a hint of a market on Ebay for these, I'd snap 'em up. I passed on everything.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hit the Value Village 50% off sale and picked up a Tiger-Cats scarf for $3

Also got this cap (in my size) for $1.25

ff_2659185alt1_full.jpg&w=900

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not likely to be of interest to most (or all??) here, but picked up a jacket at a local thrift store for $10.

It's the team I played bantam for way back in 1981/82.   Jacket looks old; could it be as old as that?  If I had to guess, probably not quite.

spacer.png

spacer.png

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

I haven't found anything of note so far in 2019 @ any thrift stores that are sports-related, since I haven't gone out too much, but I saw a 1987-90 Chicago White Sox cap for $5. Sadly, I had to turn it down, as it was too small for me.

UBwef0L.png

Archived