NFL CONCEPTS IN MADDEN

Htown1141

OKAY Y'all,

sorry I haven't been doing anything on here recently, a lot of personal stuff and the introduction to modding madden 19 on PC has taken up my time I usually use for actual, substantial content that I could add to portfolios to send off to colleges and internships.

Sorry, I know you guys didn't come here for my life story.

First up: Cleveland Browns

I'm really excited to show you guys that the Browns have been SO CLOSE to being a good look. It genuinely pains me that they could have a modern classic, but instead found value in giant wordmarks. All that is really needed is cut the sleeve stripe off at the damn sleeves, get rid of the different colored stitching, use that gorgeous number font as the focal point (as it should be), and extend the pants stripe all the way down. I know that sounds like 5 changes (which it is), but it really doesn't add up to a substantial difference.

5gMMD4c.png

z0GP10c.png

XiMtiL9.png

yERCFo6.png

(I did add a serif on the 5 so that it fit with the rest of the font, but that's the only thing i changed besides color and getting rid of the drop shadow)

As always, I'll be doing more in the future, make sure to like, comment, subscribe, and visit my patreon. 

This is absolutely outstanding — I’m not sure how they overthought their current set to the extent that they did, but this is exactly how that set’s inspiration should be distilled into a modern classic of a set. 

My only nitpick - and it’s incredibly minor - would be to get rid of the orange nameplates on the brown jerseys in favor of white ones to complete the classic look. 

Very much looking forward to seeing more of this series!

If they wanted to go that safe and traditional, they would have.. I think keeping certain ideas, but improving on them, would be a more likely alternate history.. instead of cutting the stripes off at the sleeves, I'd suggest bringing them all the way to the collar.. it's a new/modern/bold concept, but fixes the awkward/abrupt stop and weird half angle thing.. also, I'd keep the number shadow and Cleveland wordmark, but switch the number color and shadow color on the brown jersey.. those are the type of small adjustments that I could've seen them making and improving on the bold modern ideas in ways that at least made sense, if not improving the look as well

Archived