2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Kramerica Industries

1 hour ago, verno said:

Tom Brady is 41???? 

Yeah and he’s not going to be on top for much longer. Also? Drew Brees is not Tom Brady. 

Do you trust Goff?

He made it to the Super Bowl. More than I can say for my team’s QB. 

Look. I think people slobbering over Chiefs/Saints in the Super Bowl next year are salty over the bad NFC Championship non-call/the underwhelming Super Bowl. These aren’t rational predictions. No prediction a year out is rational. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

You know what he doesn't have though? More Super Bowl titles than any other franchise. He wins next year and he has more rings than the Steelers who are closer to full-on rebuild than another title.

As a Steeler fan, it pains me to agree with you😨 My current rendition of the Steelers is screwed!!

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yeah and he’s not going to be on top for much longer. Also? Drew Brees is not Tom Brady. 

He made it to the Super Bowl. More than I can say for my team’s QB. 

What makes you think Drew isn't comparable to Brady?!! Brees at a year younger will still out sling 98% of the QBs the NFL has to offer! To think otherwise is logistical suicide!!!

51 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

You know what he doesn't have though? More Super Bowl titles than any other franchise. He wins next year and he has more rings than the Steelers who are closer to full-on rebuild than another title.

And then it's "he doesn't have more championships as a player than the Packers do as a franchise" and, before you know it, he's playing until he's won 14 Super Bowls. 

spacer.png

Just now, Kramerica Industries said:

And then it's "he doesn't have more championships as a player than the Packers do as a franchise" and, before you know it, he's playing until he's won 14 Super Bowls. 

No joke: I was about to post "get back to me when Tom Brady has more rings than the Packers as a whole."

10 minutes ago, verno said:

What makes you think Drew isn't comparable to Brady?!! Brees at a year younger will still out sling 98% of the QBs the NFL has to offer! To think otherwise is logistical suicide!!!

Surgically repaired shoulders don't add years to your career.

VmWIn6B.png

1 minute ago, LMU said:

Surgically repaired shoulders don't add years to your career.

I didn't say that! But, pull up NFL QB ratings for 2018. Where does Mr. Brees rank? Wanna throw your QB against those numbers? And I hate the Saints!!!!

28 minutes ago, verno said:

What makes you think Drew isn't comparable to Brady?!!

Both Brady and Brees had chances to take their team to the Super Bowl in their respective Conference Championship games in OT. Brady marched down the field and got it done. Brees threw a pick to a guy falling on his ass.

Kind of shows why Brady has six rings to Brees' one, really.

Brees at a year younger will still out sling 98% of the QBs the NFL has to offer! To think otherwise is logistical suicide!!!

I remember the year after Favre's remarkable first season with Minnesota. Played the best football of his career save for a boneheaded INT in the NFC Championship Game. I said, on this message board, "he's old, he may not be able to do it again next year."
And someone who I will not specify said "lol he's playing amazing you don't know what you're talking about." Turns out Favre looked old and tired the next season. Sometimes you go from the top of the game to old and broken over the course of one off-season. Once you hit 40? That could come at any time.

6 minutes ago, verno said:

Do we tend to forget how extremely dangerous Drew Brees is? And can any of you pinpoint how he has fallen off? I'm waiting.....

Again, look at Favre's last two years. Or the end of Manning's career. You can go from "elite QB" to "old and broken" almost overnight.

In fact, this is how much respect (and hatred) l have for Belichek. Imagine Drew in Bill's system!! Brady and Brees are a startling similar pair of QBs. To me, they're almost interchangeable. Both prolific pocket-passers, such keen minds to quickly read and interpret a defense, and both so quickly adapt and adjust to changing defensive formations. Drew's won one, Tom now six?! System? Skill? I dunno?

9 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Both Brady and Brees had chances to take their team to the Super Bowl in their respective Conference Championship games in OT. Brady marched down the field and got it done. Brees threw a pick to a guy falling on his ass.

Kind of shows why Brady has six rings to Brees' one, really.

I remember the year after Favre's remarkable first season with Minnesota. Played the best football of his career save for a boneheaded INT in the NFC Championship Game. I said, on this message board, "he's old, he may not be able to do it again next year."
And someone who I will not specify said "lol he's playing amazing you don't know what you're talking about." Turns out Favre looked old and tired the next season. Sometimes you go from the top of the game to old and broken over the course of one off-season. Once you hit 40? That could come at any time.

Again, look at Favre's last two years. Or the end of Manning's career. You can go from "elite QB" to "old and broken" almost overnight.

Amen!!!! I'm 45 and feel like a chunk of rock most mornings!!! 

But, Cap, what tells us Drew is jumping off that cliff?!!! I unfortunately don't see it yet. Brees is still a killer, wanna run against him this upcoming season? I don't!!!

50 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I was about to mention Manning, and then you did so yourself. He suffered a quad injury late in 2014 and, pretty much in a snap, he went from being the league MVP to being a complete liability. It was stark how quickly things fell apart for him, it really was.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, verno said:

No sir, Foles is NFL caliber!! Or bring him to my Legends, ufffff

If he's NFL caliber, he won't be going to your Legends. (Or the CFL).

He'll actually be taking his talents to the Lions.

Archived