2018-2019 NFL Potential Super Bowl Uniform Matchups

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best: Rams' throwbacks against Colts, Chiefs, or even Texans; Bears against Colts or Chiefs; Cowboys vs. Chiefs; Seahawks vs. Colts could even work

Worst: 

Saints or Eagles against Patriots, Ravens, or Chargers. Unless the Saints wore their gold pants, but they never do anymore, do they?

If the Chargers and Rams make it to the Super Bowl, I want this ... 

Philip-Rivers-San-Diego-Chargers-QuarterLos-Angeles-Rams-Throwback-Uniform.jpg

I don't care if they're shades of blue, yada, yada, yada, it's 2019 we basically all have HD televisions ... it also feels right to have two LA football teams wearing color vs. color, right?

1119_spo_ldn-l-usc-ucla-1119-jm-1210.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 minutes ago, kimball said:

I don't care if they're shades of blue, yada, yada, yada, it's 2019 we basically all have HD televisions ... it also feels right to have two LA football teams wearing color vs. color, right?

Well yeah, but at least UCLA Blue and USC Red contrast well.  Chargers in light blue and Rams in royal wouldnt be as contrasting.

55 minutes ago, kimball said:

At the very least, could the Chargers wear the powder blue pants stripes and accents with their white jerseys instead of boring navy?

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Well yeah, but at least UCLA Blue and USC Red contrast well.  Chargers in light blue and Rams in royal wouldnt be as contrasting.

Don't ruin my dreams.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

At the very least, could the Chargers wear the powder blue pants stripes and accents with their white jerseys instead of boring navy?

That would be a horrible idea. The Chargers' White jersey has very little Powder Blue, and would mis-match very badly with the White/Powder pants. Riversthrows_1356320756428_344886_ver1.0

20141210__gates-chargers-121014p1.jpg?w=

Also, if the Chargers were to host the AFCCG, or go to the Super Bowl and the NFC Team picks White, they better try to get a waiver to wear the above Powder Blue set, like that one Playoff game vs. Indy a decade ago.

da0Lbhs.png

5 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

That would be a horrible idea. The Chargers' White jersey has very little Powder Blue, and would mis-match very badly with the White/Powder pants. Riversthrows_1356320756428_344886_ver1.0

20141210__gates-chargers-121014p1.jpg?w=

Also, if the Chargers were to host the AFCCG, or go to the Super Bowl and the NFC Team picks White, they better try to get a waiver to wear the above Powder Blue set, like that one Playoff game vs. Indy a decade ago.

The NFL would turn them down, no question. I wish their regular uniforms used more powder though.

If the Rams make it all the way, do they wear the throwbacks? Are their throwbacks their designated home jerseys or are they an alternate? My understanding is that the league alleviated their uniform policy for the Rams since their mismatched uniforms last year were such a disaster. But who's to say that the Rams don't wear white and the AFC team wears their home uniforms?

I think I've said it before, but I'd love to get a color vs. color Super Bowl matchup as long as it's not an alternate or Color Rush look. 

For instance if New Orleans and Kansas City matched up ...

Taysom-Hill-1.jpgChiefs2_27648265-1.jpg?w=592

kimball banner.png

8 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

If the Rams make it all the way, do they wear the throwbacks? Are their throwbacks their designated home jerseys or are they an alternate? My understanding is that the league alleviated their uniform policy for the Rams since their mismatched uniforms last year were such a disaster. But who's to say that the Rams don't wear white and the AFC team wears their home uniforms?

It is the official home jersey.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived