2018-2019 NFL Potential Super Bowl Uniform Matchups

6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

It’s already been discussed at length how the Rams would be in their throwback uniforms (which are their designated home uniforms this year) for the Super Bowl, but they would never opt to wear white against the Patriots given the result of XXXVI. 

It was also discussed at length how Belichick isn’t a superstitious coach and the Patriots wouldn’t wear white last year. We know how that went.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

It was also discussed at length how Belichick isn’t a superstitious coach and the Patriots wouldn’t wear white last year. We know how that went.

They chose to wear white because it was the same thing they wore when they beat the Eagles in their previous Super Bowl matchup. This is a much different situation because 1. The Rams lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl while wearing white, and 2. Their home/throwback uniform is much better than their mess of a road uniform. I highly doubt they’d purposely choose to wear white again given both of those circumstances.

17 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

They chose to wear white because it was the same thing they wore when they beat the Eagles in their previous Super Bowl matchup. This is a much different situation because 1. The Rams lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl while wearing white, and 2. Their home/throwback uniform is much better than their mess of a road uniform. I highly doubt they’d purposely choose to wear white again given both of those circumstances.

So you’ve gone from it’s been discussed it’s a sure thing to some doubt. 🤔

41 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

This season is where the NFC champ picks the jersey color, as it is an odd-numbered SB

37 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

So you’ve gone from it’s been discussed it’s a sure thing to some doubt. 🤔

🙄

Both the fact that the NFC is the home team and that their throwbacks are their standard home uniforms have been discussed at length. I was simply stating, given the circumstances, how unlikely it would be they’d choose something else. As you can see, I was right.

23 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Rams vs. Chiefs is the best option for unis.

But I am rooting for the best endzone matchup! 

Which is.....Saints vs. Chiefs!! I am just like sooooooo fricking sick and tired of blue endzones. UGGHHHHHH.

Crap. 0 for 1 on the endzones.

The Pats’ roads are the single worst non-Browns uniform in NFL. There’s hardly any silver other than the helmet, the jersey side piping is a relic of a bygone era, the pants have hardly and discernible stripes (that don’t align with the jersey piping), and the striped socks don’t match anything on the rest of the set. If they wore the gray pants and typical blue socks it’d at least be passable. 

Just now, BJ Sands said:

The Pats’ roads are the single worst uniform in NFL. There’s hardly any silver other than the helmet, the jersey side piping is a relic of a bygone era, the pants have hardly and discernible stripes (that don’t align with the jersey piping), and the striped socks don’t match anything on the rest of the set. If they wore the gray pants and typical blue socks it’d at least be passable. 

Everyone in the team and management is high on that stale look. 

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Titans, Buccaneers, Falcons, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Bengals would like a word with you.

Those all have coherent, albeit flawed, designs. The Patriots have horrible color balance, and each of the elements looks unrelated to the others. A total mess.

Archived