2018-2019 NFL Potential Super Bowl Uniform Matchups

You guys know about that interesting note where since 2000, 15 of the 18 Super Bowl champions wore white in the game. It’s part of the reason the Pats chose to wear white last season.. up until last season, it had been 14 years in a row, the last being Patriots vs. Panthers.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, d11king said:

You guys know about that interesting note where since 2000, 15 of the 18 Super Bowl champions wore white in the game. It’s part of the reason the Pats chose to wear white last season.. up until last season, it had been 14 years in a row, the last being Patriots vs. Panthers.

And in every Superbowl ever, the team that scored more points while simultaneously holding their opponent to less points, ended up winning. 

On 1/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, BJ Sands said:

The Pats’ roads are the single worst non-Browns uniform in NFL. There’s hardly any silver other than the helmet, the jersey side piping is a relic of a bygone era, the pants have hardly and discernible stripes (that don’t align with the jersey piping), and the striped socks don’t match anything on the rest of the set. If they wore the gray pants and typical blue socks it’d at least be passable. 

This opinion is the single-worst non-Teal post on CCSLC.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I wouldn’t call it non-Browns worst, but the Pats’ roads are really not great at all in my opinion, either. The home and road set really seems to look worse year after year; there’s looks in the league we harp on often here for being dated, and rightfully so in most of those cases, but I think nowadays I’d lump New England right in there too. Yeah it’s the dynasty look, I get it, but I also think it’s got some pretty glaring flaws (which BJ pretty much nailed).

You could tweak this or that on it, but I think I’d rather them roll out something a bit different altogether from the neck down (cause my beef isn’t with Flying Elvis, I’d be fine with him staying).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I wouldn’t call it non-Browns worst, but the Pats’ roads are really not great at all in my opinion, either. The home and road set really seems to look worse year after year; there’s looks in the league we harp on often here for being dated, and rightfully so in most of those cases, but I think nowadays I’d lump New England right in there too. Yeah it’s the dynasty look, I get it, but I also think it’s got some pretty glaring flaws (which BJ pretty much nailed).

You could tweak this or that on it, but I think I’d rather them roll out something a bit different altogether from the neck down (cause my beef isn’t with Flying Elvis, I’d be fine with him staying).

Yeah, I wouldn't try to defend the Patriots' uniform as awesome, home or road, but I can easily think of half a dozen or more that are obviously worse.  The Patriots' side panels are dated, ugly, and don't line up as designed, but you can say that about all side-paneled jerseys.  If I were asked to rate the NFL's remaining side-paneled teams (ugh), the Cardinals and Bengals look worse. I guess the Broncos have a marginally better side-panel look.  As far as the lack of silver outside of the helmet, that's an "issue" that a lot of teams have, and in general, it's never bothered me... no silver on the Cowboys' white jersey, no gold on either of the 49ers jerseys, no silver on the Lions' white jersey, no blue on the Giants' white jersey, no silver on the Panthers' white jersey and white pants, and so on... if the uniform works as a whole I don't really care. And the socks the Patriots wear on the road are something I actually like. First, and most important, it means that don't try to wear the plain navy home socks with the navy pants, sparing us, for once, the leotard. And socks with stripes that don't match other uniform elements used to be an NFL staple.  Some teams don't have a jersey stripe that would work on the sock.  At one time, the Chargers wore socks with a two-stripe look on the road. To me, that's immeasurably better than the leotard.   

Remember too that the Away socks are a holdover from when Adidas was the uniform provider for the Patriots before the massive league-wide deal with Reebok in 2002.

We also forget this interesting uniform combo

5186601668_66a923f855_b.jpg

Obviously the more recent Color Rush uniforms are better designed.  Would look amazing with the home pants tbh

20 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Oh, yeah... when I see this the first phrase that pops to mind is "coherent design".

marcus-mariota-blaine-gabbert.jpg

I wish the Titans would rock that for some home games in the future, instead of early season games in Florida, Carolina, Los Angeles, et al.

1 hour ago, Pharos04 said:

Remember too that the Away socks are a holdover from when Adidas was the uniform provider for the Patriots before the massive league-wide deal with Reebok in 2002.

We also forget this interesting uniform combo

5186601668_66a923f855_b.jpg

Obviously the more recent Color Rush uniforms are better designed.  Would look amazing with the home pants tbh

I think this was worn a grand total of 2 times ever if that even. Ever since they realized their mistake and they have stuck to the traditional uniforms you see today.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, d11king said:

Just noticed this statement was inaccurate. The Packers wore their green jersey to beat the Steelers 8 years ago.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, AgentColon2 said:

Just noticed this statement was inaccurate. The Packers wore their green jersey to beat the Steelers 8 years ago.

Good job! I forgot about that one. I was looking at SB results, going off memory. 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:31 AM, Ark said:

I really don't get the hate for the Patriots uniforms on this board.

They look professional.

The Arena Football League is a professional football league.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived