SportsLogos.Net News

NHL Announces Hosts for 2020 All-Star and Outdoor Games

To be honest, I’ve never been that big a fan of the old D-Texans sweater. If the Stars do decide to go Texans fauxback, I’d personally prefer this with green and “STARS” (white socks though):

HowMorJr.jpg

GDZ433OPERE2BEDQDL62ZCND6E

That all said, if I were calling the shots I probably wouldn’t go the Texans route at all. I’d either go ‘93 throwback or something totally different. Seeing as it’s in the Cotton Bowl, something vintage-y and old school but still all its own thing could turn out really nice.

Hot take, Nashville should be the opponent. 

1 hour ago, clonewars2008 said:

Hot take, Nashville should be the opponent. 

Nashville should host. 

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

Nashville should host. 

I feel like Nashville can only host at Vanderbilt for a WC...the NHL needs about 2 weeks in and around New Years Day to setup and take down.  New Years Day always sits close to Wild Card Weekend, so the Titans might take priority and block out potential outside events.  Unless for some reason January 1st falls on the last weekend of NFL regular season and that could then make it work.

Stadium Series on the other hand can go to Nissan stadium in February after football season.

For the same reasons as Nashville, I feel like Tampa Bay would host the WC at Tropicana Field if awarded.  Would actually have historical precedence since the Lightning played at the Trop (then Thunderdome) for a few seasons in the 90s.

I'd be down with a Thunderdome game, should have had one for the 25th anniversary.

Only a matter of time until we see the Golden Knights host at Raider Stadium

Stars will be hosting the Predators at the Cotton Bowl January 1st.

2 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

Avs will host the Kings at the Air Force Academy as well...

Avs-Red Wings seems more apropos than the Kings. 

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Ehhhh ... I don't think it's much of a rivalry any more.

*taps fingers on table, patiently waiting for an outdoor game featuring the Blue Jackets at Ohio Stadium*

(A double-header with Ohio State vs Michigan and Columbus vs Detroit would be amazing)

7 hours ago, ColeJ said:

It's almost as if they saw that the ratings improved this year with two big-market teams and decided "Nah, we're not going to do that again."

There, internet, you got your precious little piss-darlings in The Big Game, now shut up.

Please make this happen. Fauxbacks would be stupid for this. Besides, it's been 20 YEARS already. 😭

Predators02.pngStars04.png

Oh, and this, please. 

1754115-mike-dunham-looks-on.jpg.jpg&c=s

4 hours ago, Wings said:

It's been done before. Don't you remember 2016 Red Wings vs Avalanche at Mile High Stadium? I really doubt four years later, the NHL will match the same two teams against each other in the same region.

Both teams could do some interesting things uniform-wise, and that’s about all I really get excited for in these games anymore. Glad to see new teams get in on the action. 

@nash61, that’s a classic mask to be sure.  Couldn’t find a good picture of my all-time Predator favorite, Brian Finley’s full head movie Predator design. Dunham’s is a close second to me and a better use of actual team imagery. Think I would have to pick Turco’s gargoyle guardians as the most iconic Stars one, or at least the one that popped to memory first. 

19 hours ago, ColeJ said:

19 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Avs will host the Kings at the Air Force Academy as well...

No Chicago? But...but why? How? There is no outdoor games without Blackhawks. I'm so sad right now. :(

5 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

No Chicago? But...but why? How? There is no outdoor games without Blackhawks. I'm so sad right now. :(

but there was no outdoor game....

2 hours ago, twi said:

Both teams could do some interesting things uniform-wise, and that’s about all I really get excited for in these games anymore. Glad to see new teams get in on the action. 

@nash61, that’s a classic mask to be sure.  Couldn’t find a good picture of my all-time Predator favorite, Brian Finley’s full head movie Predator design. Dunham’s is a close second to me and a better use of actual team imagery. Think I would have to pick Turco’s gargoyle guardians as the most iconic Stars one, or at least the one that popped to memory first. 

Eddie's gold mask pops up for me.

14 hours ago, nash61 said:

Please make this happen. Fauxbacks would be stupid for this. Besides, it's been 20 YEARS already. 😭

Predators02.pngStars04.png

Oh, and this, please. 

Those Star jerseys are awesome, but I kinda want to see them go with the original set.

Stars01.png