Point1's NHL Jersey Redesign (Part 4/4: Metropolitan Division)

Point1

2 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Ok. Sorry the Op and the actual Pacific post threw me off

Totally fair, the NHL graphic I used as the template for the OP was used to announce the realignment after expansion so I was stuck with Seattle. I'll come up with something though as an update soon.

Final post in this thread for a while, by all means I would still love to hear comments on all the concepts I've posted here.

4/4: Metropolitan Division

Ah the Metro, home of my beloved Penguins. There's a lot to like visually in this division. The Hurricanes keep basically the same design; I honestly like their logo and I thought their jersey update was very solid. I would change to black pants however to get some continuity between the pants and the hem. I just can't get on board with making the cannon illustration the primary for Columbus, so the star logo remains. I made the striping just a little more classic as well to match the socks. The Devils go back to what worked and should never have been changed. The Islanders actually through back to the right jerseys this time: the dynasty rather than their inaugural. The Rangers don't mess with what works, nor do the Flyers (whose collar is just less stupid). The Pens add some gold to the hem for continuity. Finally, the Capitals stick with their basic Stanley Cup-winning set but with some modifications; no more awkward connection between the white and the collar, no more weird side panels, a hem stripe, and an updated Weagle on the front. 

GXAGYur.png

Thanks for checking out this series guys, hope you enjoyed it. When I get the chance I'll update with away jerseys and alternates (and maybe even Seattle).

Archived