College Football 2019

29texan

9 hours ago, Gupti said:

So, you mean to tell me that those chest spikes weren't UW's attempt to evoke the spokes of the Sooner Schooner? Is everything I know a lie??

Is that a clever reference to the Unhorsemanslike penalty of the 85 Orange Bowl? Where OU got shellacked 28-17. If it is, you have my attention and my admiration.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kabbey520 said:

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but isn't #2 an arrow or something pointing to the northwest?

I was going off memory and I swore the nike-copy used the term "dog-ear" but given nike, I would say it's likely both. The beauty of nike is that you can make up any story you want about any single uniform element and it will fit their narrative. I would love to see at least once is for one of the suppliers to bluntly say, "we chose this design because we thought it looked really cool and modern and is a hot trend right now".

5 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

You mean the tusks on a razorback, right?

No ours were also an homage to Huskie stadium because of the academic research that our two institutions share back and forth. Pure coincidence that they could also be passed off as the tusks of a Razorback. 

4 hours ago, guest23 said:

I was going off memory and I swore the nike-copy used the term "dog-ear" but given nike, I would say it's likely both. The beauty of nike is that you can make up any story you want about any single uniform element and it will fit their narrative. I would love to see at least once is for one of the suppliers to bluntly say, "we chose this design because we thought it looked really cool and modern and is a hot trend right now".

Like the gradient sleeves on Arizona's jerseys were meant to be an Arizona sunset. Mhm...

20 hours ago, guest23 said:

Do you realize #1 is an homage to the Iconic Jaws of Husky Stadium? That design element is timeless and I don't see how on earth they could just drop them. Also #2 are dog ear folds on the numbers which is also pretty damn important because Huskies are dogs.

Right, I get the symbolism but don't think it's worth cluttering the look with. Those elements only created recently by Nike so as a long time Husky fan/alum I'm not tied to them at all. 

Arkansas has been a puppet for both adidas and Nike when it comes to various design aspects being considered tusks, though they were still used by other programs. You may recall their 2008-09 set was also the same design as Michigan's road uniforms. 

6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Arkansas has been a puppet for both adidas and Nike when it comes to various design aspects being considered tusks, though they were still used by other programs. You may recall their 2008-09 set was also the same design as Michigan's road uniforms. 

I also wonder if Michigan would be due for a new road uniform since they seem to like changing them every four years. I'd also like them to wear their yellow britches more with the aways.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It’s worth noting Nike did make that mesh part of the uniform larger for Washington than it did for Arkansas and Oklahoma (or what was standard to the Hypercool template) to better represent the “jaws of Husky Stadium.” It was also a design element that the Huskies carried over to the Vapor Untiuchabke template, while the Razorbacks and Sooners did not. 

10 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Correct. I’m hoping that Morris doesn’t fall in to that trap with this new set that we’ll be switching to next year. Based off him keeping SMU in a traditional template, I’m hoping he’ll go back to something similar to what we wore in the McFadden era. That was a nice modernization of what we wore from the 60’s to the early 90’s. 

Obviously he’s also going to feature an absurd number of combos because he and the staff are in to that but as long as the template is traditional then I’ll be happy. 

TCU should own Purple & Red.  It's such a cool and unique color scheme. 

NOV100617._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

FWIW, Nike altered the construction of the "tusk" on Washington's jersey to actually match their stadium. it might have been a cheesy idea, but it was exactly what they said it was... for once. theres plenty of things we can pick apart from them and ideas that are not really there; this is not one of them

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

8 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

FWIW, Nike altered the construction of the "tusk" on Washington's jersey to actually match their stadium. it might have been a cheesy idea, but it was exactly what they said it was... for once. theres plenty of things we can pick apart from them and ideas that are not really there; this is not one of them

It's not that they tricked us or lied, it's that they used ultra cheesy marketing speak to explain it.

It's like Ford putting a new model of leather bucket seat into next year's Mustangs. And then says, "this leather calls to mind the authentic rippling of the wild Painted Horses' skin as they ran across the American prairies."

You know, instead of just saying, "leather seats, with heat and cooling options." 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The UW corner numbers is not a Dawg Ear as posted. (See #2 above)  It was to give location of the school being in the Northwest geographically in the conference.  Hence why it is only on one number.  

The black does need to go away the purple needs to be bruise purple, and the gold needs to be gold not Vegas sand gold.  No purple helmets or pants.  Yes, I know kids want “cool” uni’s.  The 70’s-90’s are the look of the Huskies as a dominant PAC-12 team.  You wanna be ‘Bama create an image that everyone knows and wants to be!

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

1 hour ago, Hobogrish said:

The UW corner numbers is not a Dawg Ear as posted. (See #2 above)  It was to give location of the school being in the Northwest geographically in the conference.  Hence why it is only on one number.  

The black does need to go away the purple needs to be bruise purple, and the gold needs to be gold not Vegas sand gold.  No purple helmets or pants.  Yes, I know kids want “cool” uni’s.  The 70’s-90’s are the look of the Huskies as a dominant PAC-12 team.  You wanna be ‘Bama create an image that everyone knows and wants to be!

No purple pants?!

That’s crazy. Gold is fine (and should always be the color of the home pants), but purple pants are *the* Washington road look, and I think the best Husky teams of all time would agree.

15-1991-Washington-Copy-1.jpg

Don-James-300x195.jpg

51w8I1IpJvL.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

No purple pants?!

That’s crazy. Gold is fine (and should always be the color of the home pants), but purple pants are *the* Washington road look, and I think the best Husky teams of all time would agree.

15-1991-Washington-Copy-1.jpg

Don-James-300x195.jpg

51w8I1IpJvL.jpg

I was going to say the same thing. No purple pants would be a big mistake. Nike fixed the helmet color issue after the first season of these uniforms and I think the helmets are perfect as is. Remove ALL black. Gold helmet, purple and white jerseys, purple and gold pants. Maybe even include the purple and white stripe on the gold pants. Its so simple to do right, I don't know how Nike ever messed it up.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

On 1/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, pianoknight said:

TCU should own Purple & Red.  It's such a cool and unique color scheme. 

NOV100617._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

We already have the older alumni complaining about the use of black (even though it's been a tertiary part of the football team as far back as the 30s) so I don't know about using TOO MUCH red... but it is an untapped color scheme. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived