• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I hope that means:

1. Remove the under arm chest spikes

2. Remove the NW triangle on the numerals

3. Get rid of the unnecessary black. 

The first two will likely happen, the third probably won't. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Buc said:

I may be alone in this, but if I personally wish they still had their previous look.

[clipped]

For me, that was about as disctinctive a look as any in the game--and instantly recognizable as WVU, as well.

One thing in particular I always liked about that set was how the shoulder stripes/side panels kinda made an implied "W" and how each side made an implied "V". That was their thing to own. I still say they should revive those. (But without the gray!!!)

I agree 100% Buc. 

Or at minimum, WVU should go back to that number font.  And then if they want to experiment with different jersey templates/designs have at it.

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, kabbey520 said:

I'm good with the helmets. I like options.

I’ll pass. Arizona needs only four combinations: WBW and WRW at home and WWB and WWR on the road. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't like the monochrome red A logo on the matte navy helmet, as well as the monochrome A logos on the red & navy uniforms. The standard colored A looked good on the matte navy helmet when we got slapped by Wazzu this season. The red chrome helmet needs to go. I like how we did the red facemask on the the white helmet vs. Cal and the same thing but navy facemask vs. USC. I agree that the helmet in the Foles' pics above was the best one. But I also like the solid red & navy ones too, as long as the A isn't monochrome. I think a red facemask on the matte navy helmet would be sick.

3 hours ago, BenjiJ said:

Man, West Virginia, Arizona and Cal all need to switch back to glossy navy helmets. Looks so  much better than the matte/satin finish they all have now. 

Agree. You can't beat gloss or metallic for black/navy helmets. Given the cyclical nature of design I think we'll start seeing more of them, jags got the ball rolling and I'm sure there are a few others.

7 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I hope that means:

1. Remove the under arm chest spikes

2. Remove the NW triangle on the numerals

3. Get rid of the unnecessary black. 

Do you realize #1 is an homage to the Iconic Jaws of Husky Stadium? That design element is timeless and I don't see how on earth they could just drop them. Also #2 are dog ear folds on the numbers which is also pretty damn important because Huskies are dogs.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:09 PM, 29texan said:

Because I'm sure just having a TCU only thread wouldn't be as accepted, I decided to just go ahead and get a jump on next season (if that's ok)...

I really hope they downplay the "Frogskin" this time. The Boykin era uniforms were perfect. 

This is great news. I still can't believe they went from this --

848053140-smu-v-tcu.jpg.jpg&

82963621.jpg?w=2700

usa-today-8193237.0.jpg

to this -- 

New_Uniform_Front.0.jpeg

That's got to be one of the biggest downgrades in recent memory. I even liked those clever red accents --

20130831_jla_sh2_1227.0.jpg

NCAA_FB13_UNIFORMS_TCU_0006_original.jpgbloooood.png

Any chance we see a little red?

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

Do you realize #1 is an homage to the Iconic Jaws of Husky Stadium? That design element is timeless and I don't see how on earth they could just drop them. Also #2 are dog ear folds on the numbers which is also pretty damn important because Huskies are dogs.

giphy.gif

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

4 hours ago, guest23 said:

Also #2 are dog ear folds on the numbers which is also pretty damn important because Huskies are dogs.

But huskies have pointed ears... 😉

All kidding aside, the best part of Washington’s current uniforms is the dog sled graphic sewn into the inside of the collar — something the public never actually sees or remembers exists. 

I was fine with the popcorn ceiling helmets and the “jaws of husky stadium,” though the latter was added simply to fit Nike’s latest template at the time. It was the unnecessary addition of black that bothered me (West Virginia is plagued by this, as well). As a result, they always looked best when playing on the road. 

5 hours ago, guest23 said:

Do you realize #1 is an homage to the Iconic Jaws of Husky Stadium? That design element is timeless and I don't see how on earth they could just drop them.

So, you mean to tell me that those chest spikes weren't UW's attempt to evoke the spokes of the Sooner Schooner? Is everything I know a lie??

7 hours ago, Gupti said:

So, you mean to tell me that those chest spikes weren't UW's attempt to evoke the spokes of the Sooner Schooner? Is everything I know a lie??

You mean the tusks on a razorback, right?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

11 hours ago, j'villejags said:

20130831_jla_sh2_1227.0.jpg

NCAA_FB13_UNIFORMS_TCU_0006_original.jpgbloooood.png

Any chance we see a little red?

I really, really hope so. That balance of purple, black, and red is so gorgeous and not used by any other teams really. The reasoning behind its inclusion is also really cool. 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, guest23 said:

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but isn't #2 an arrow or something pointing to the northwest?

Archived