stadium series 2020 logo concept - jersey update 1/6

DTConcepts

the nhl has officially announced that the air force stadium in colorado springs, colorado will be hosting the 2020 nhl stadium series. i jumped right on it, busting out some concepts that i'm pretty proud of. however, i couldn't settle on a version which i liked the best, so i figured i'd post 'em all here and see your thoughts. without further ado, here are my 2020 stadium series concepts.

ogI3Ds5.png

JT1iSQX.png

ViVlFmw.png

each one has a similar style, using a double blue color scheme, accentuated with the colorado flag. the star at the bottom is taken from the air force logo, paying homage to the host venue. i'm not even gonna talk about the mountains, because they're really self-explanatory.

the differences in each of 'em are relatively minor, but i still couldn't pick a favorite. so i'm asking you; which one do you like best? are they good, or do i need to start over?

thanks for reading. and sorry about the watermarks, i'm just proud of these and didn't want 'em getting stolen.

Great start! I love the colour scheme. Out of the three I prefer option two, but I think you should put “Stadium” and “Series” on two different lines and get rid of “Colorado”. Also I think you need to make space for a sponsor logo.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

It’s a good start but I feel like there’s too much going on at both the top (the giant mountains) and at the bottom (the cool star thing). They compete for your attention way too much.  Maybe shrink the mountains, or find a way to combine the two (go with the star idea, but incorporate a mountain into the top point of the star).

8 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

I’ll repeat my previous two criticisms, because if you look at previous logos, they all have Stadium Series over two lines and no location marker. IMO the Colorado flag is enough.

my issue is that i want to maintain a star shape, which is a lot harder with a multi-lined "stadium series." plus, every stadium series logo has had the name of the city it's taking place in somewhere in the logo.

here's the next evolution. somewhat inspired by what @appleclock said, I decided to grow the star at the base in shape and give the whole thing a more star-shaped look. here's what I came up with.

Th1BG5V.png

14 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

my issue is that i want to maintain a star shape, which is a lot harder with a multi-lined "stadium series." plus, every stadium series logo has had the name of the city it's taking place in somewhere in the logo.

Fair enough. I think if you'd move the Colorado flag to where it currently says Colorado 2020, put 2020 in blue text over the white line split by the Colorado C, it would leave enough room for the two lines of big text. That way, the Colorado text could stay on the jerseys where Coors Light logo is on the sponsored version.

Sort of like this...

Spoiler

fixsponsor.pngfixevent.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

5 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Fair enough. I think if you'd move the Colorado flag to where it currently says Colorado 2020, put 2020 in blue text over the white line split by the Colorado C, it would leave enough room for the two lines of big text. That way, the Colorado text could stay on the jerseys where Coors Light logo is on the sponsored version.

Sort of like this...

Hide contents

ooh, that’s solid. let me work with it a little.

8 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Sort of like this...

Hide contents

Look to much like all star logo, with star shape 

hvmY186.png

15 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

Look to much like all star logo, with star shape 

very fair point. with that in mind, i made a version with the relative shape of a fighter jet. i'm not too proud of it, but i figured i may as well post it.

W1J7yxL.png

34 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

very fair point. with that in mind, i made a version with the relative shape of a fighter jet. i'm not too proud of it, but i figured i may as well post it.

W1J7yxL.png

Be proud of this one.  I think you nailed it here. The shape is unique, locally relevant, and unmistakable.  Bravo.

Archived