NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

3 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

I wonder what other folks' loyalties are like once your team is eliminated

Anyone that isn't New England, Dallas, or Philly.  In the case of a New England/Philly like last year, I hope the stadium magically implodes and begrudgingly pull for Philly.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great first half by the Patriots. Chargers are too talented to think it’s over now. Only gets harder for the Pats from here on out.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

We all should know by now that the #1 rule in the NFL is: New England wins......everyone else loses.

Of all years to bring up this nonsense, just one year after they lose in the Super Bowl?

They did not win last year.  They did not win from 2005-2014.

I'm not sure why people want inferior teams to win games.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Of all years to bring up this nonsense, just one year after they lose in the Super Bowl?

People are tired of seeing them in the playoffs every year.  2008 was the last year they did not make the playoffs and did not win their division.  The NFL is better when they lose.  They won't lose today and probably won't lose next week either. 

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Because in addition to sports being competition they're also supposed to be entertaining. The same team winning all the time is not entertaining.

There's a reason people loved last year's Super Bowl so much regardless of their team affiliation. The Pats are nearing year 20 of their dominance over the league. The NFL isn't European soccer and one team always winning isn't fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

24 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This is a neat variation on how Red Wings fans complained about being disadvantaged by playing in the Western Conference: "you won the Stanley Cup four times and played in six!" "right, but think of all the years we didn't!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The thing is that the Patriots are so dominant, it's always "Oh fudge... these guys again?!" until they're knocked out. Since they've been to eight AFC championship games in a row now counting this year, you're always dreading the Patriots until pretty much the last moment.

Archived