NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Yeah, I'm sure Kliff Kingsbury is the man to bring them down... 🙄

You mean 2003 New England Patriots Quarterback and Super Bowl Champion Kliff Kingsbury???

kingsbury.patriots.jpg?w=640

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

To think, on 12/16, when New England dropped 2 in a row in December and had a rare Pittsburgh loss, everyone buried the Patriots.

Maybe these guys are immortal.

Amazing how after all these years, people still think regular seasons in any sport in any way determine who is going to win the championship.

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Lest we forget that stretch when teams hired anyone with Belichick ties. (McDaniels, Crennel, Weis, Patricia, O'Brien, Dean Pees, and now Flores

Nick Saban is technically part of the Belichick tree by way of being a Browns DC under Belichick in the early 1990's. Dolphins hired him in 2004 I think. Miami teams were forgettable.

And of course there is my Jets hiring Mangini for 3 years. Moderate success but his days as a HC ended with the 2008 Jets collapse.

14 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

To think, on 12/16, when New England dropped 2 in a row in December and had a rare Pittsburgh loss, everyone buried the Patriots.

Maybe these guys are immortal.

Nobody buried them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That was... absolutely miserable.

Having the game within your reach for nearly the entire 60 minutes and being able to do absolutely nothing with it. It sucks.

To see the the offense completely stall like that is extremely tough. Like against the Bears, it felt like the Bears imposing onto the Rams. In this, it felt like the Rams doing it unto themselves. That’s why it’s just so frustrating to have the game where it was, extremely winnable for like 97% of it, the defense playing its heart out at a championship level, and just unable to get what they needed, as they did most of the season.

All in all, a stinging experience to learn from, for all of those guys. Was Goff ready for the stage? It didn't look like it a lot, but he's been there now. Was McVay outc oached or in his own head? Maybe, but sometimes you need someone else to point out your own flaws.

I truly do feel they'll be back soon enough. The core is too good, McVay is too smart.

As miserable as this all feels, the other thing I feel is how I can’t wait to see those guys in camp next July/August. I can’t wait to be back at UC Irvine and do it all again from the start. More so than anything else before, this is my football team. I love those guys. I loved learning their stories. I loved rooting for them. And I can’t wait for another round.

Goodnight to the 2018 NFC Champion Los Angeles Rams. See you in camp. Ram It.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

25 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Nick Saban is technically part of the Belichick tree by way of being a Browns DC under Belichick in the early 1990's. Dolphins hired him in 2004 I think. Miami teams were forgettable.

And of course there is my Jets hiring Mangini for 3 years. Moderate success but his days as a HC ended with the 2008 Jets collapse.

I believe the term is Mangenius. 

Fun/Horrifying Fact: The Patriots' roster featured more players from Rutgers, all in the secondary, than any other college. 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

You know, an end to the Patriots' dynasty won't guarantee "parity". Just watch another team take their place and constantly dominate. This will all just run full course.

True, but that team will at first be written off as a fluke before everyone realizes they're for real and become hated. But I also imagine the market has a lot to do with it. If the Cardinals, Bills, or Titans suddenly rolled off five of the next six Super Bowls, there might be a bit less dislike because "they're small market."

4 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

If we had a similarly boring game but the Saints or Chiefs were involved, do you think there would have been similar complaining?

I don't see why not. Most people who disliked this game did so objectively, they simply wanted more offense.

21 minutes ago, Quillz said:

True, but that team will at first be written off as a fluke before everyone realizes they're for real and become hated. But I also imagine the market has a lot to do with it. If the Cardinals, Bills, or Titans suddenly rolled off five of the next six Super Bowls, there might be a bit less dislike because "they're small market."

I don't see why not. Most people who disliked this game did so objectively, they simply wanted more offense.

But if it ended with, say, Andy Reid finally winning the big one or Brees getting #2 instead of LOLBOSTONWINS I think there might be less of a bitter aftertaste.

2 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

But if it ended with, say, Andy Reid finally winning the big one or Brees getting #2 instead of LOLBOSTONWINS I think there might be less of a bitter aftertaste.

That's why I mentioned the market size. People seem to automatically be more generous to smaller markets because of a perception they have some kind of automatic disadvantage. A lot of people seemed to adore the Cavaliers constantly winning the East because they were somehow at a disadvantage to the Celtics or Knicks.

Or, as you mentioned, people invent narratives. People wanted the Chiefs to win because Andy Reid never got a ring. People wanted the Saints to win because of Katrina. Some people around here wanted the Rams to win to "heal" SoCal after the wildfires and Thousand Oaks shooting. The Patriots narrative seems to be less "this team has a great, successful system" and more "they've won enough, let someone else win."

49 minutes ago, Quillz said:

They would also have to generate a bunch of controversy (whether or not you believe spygate/deflategate, those situations still happened), have hordes of insufferable, obnoxious, mostly bandwagon fans (which would come with success), and claim to be an underdog while dominating the league year in and year out.

NSFCvyu.png

6 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The 49ers won 5 Super Bowls in 13 years. The Patriots won 6 Super Bowls in 17 years. Just pointing that out. I think the two dynasties are a little closer than we like to believe. 

EDIT: FWIW, the 49ers were screwed out of going to the Super Bowl in 1983 by three bull-:censored: interference calls that basically handed the Redskins the go ahead TD late in the game. Look it up on YouTube. 

I would like to think this 18 season Patriots run as two dynasties, the 2001-4 period and this current run  2014-8. It is hard to believe that the Patriots went TEN years without a title during this run. 

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived