NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

1 hour ago, rams80 said:

Icing the kicker fails more often than it succeeds.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I was complaining that he did it.  it really is stupid - say he misses the first one - you just gave him a second chance.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

It's a smart move when the kicker is known for missing. Give him more kicks to maybe miss.

Giving him more kicks to miss would only work if the opposing coach gets to pick the result they like best. I don't really get the logic behind giving them a chance to get a free practice kick. Especially in an outdoor stadium, it must be a great boon for the kicker. And I think the rules now say you can't call two timeouts in a row? Is that college? So the kicker got a practice kick to judge the wind, and he knows the next snap will go off without interruption. I've long thought the best strategy to throw off the kicker would be to just let it go ahead... the kickers expect the timeout at this point, and actually getting that first snap without a whistle will probably mess with their head as much as anything else the opposing coach can do.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

So if the ball would have bounced the other way, the Eagles would have been eliminated & Cody Parkey would be the hero of the game right?

Yep. That's the life of a kicker.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

So if the ball would have bounced the other way, the Eagles would have been eliminated & Cody Parkey would be the hero of the game right?

Of course. Just like Scott Norwood would have been the greatest Bills player of all time not named OJ Simpson.

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

most of you are really bad at picking football games.  You should probably just stop.

My picks were all perfect. You don't know about them though, they're from another site.

28 minutes ago, Wings said:

Saints put the big kibosh on the Eagles next week 38-17. 

I really hope so, but I doubt it. The Eagles are playing well. Have been for a month. 

This is game will be close. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

5 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

Love these Philly blowhards that bailed on their team mid season talking smack out of nowhere. Geaux Saints. 

Where is that happening?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love watching Foles make another run in the playoffs. 

...And Chicago, they've had what 10 championships in the past couple decades? I don't feel bad for them and they need to give Parkey a break. It seemed like one the Eagles got a piece of the kick and still almost went in. I feel like this is Steve Bartman all over again...

I think it's going to be Dallas and Philadelphia in the NFC Championship.

In the AFC Championship, I think it's going to be Los Angeles vs. Indianapolis. Only because I find the fact StubHub Center, a stadium seating only 30,000, hosting a conference championship game to be hilarious.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I think it's going to be Dallas and Philadelphia in the NFC Championship.

In the AFC Championship, I think it's going to be Los Angeles vs. Indianapolis. Only because I find the fact StubHub Center, a stadium seating only 30,000, hosting a conference championship game to be hilarious.

I'm thinking the Chiefs better win their game on Saturday, because if we go into Sunday with a real chance of the Patriots having the AFC-CG at home, then I'm just going to assume right then and there that they're going to make it to the Super Bowl again. AFC teams piss their pants every time they go to Foxboro.

(Patriots have won their last 15 13 home games against AFC teams and, in the Belichick/Brady era, they're 19-3 at home in the postseason, and 8-0 since 2013. So, yeah.)

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'm thinking the Chiefs better win their game on Saturday, because if we go into Sunday with a real chance of the Patriots having the AFC-CG at home, then I'm just going to assume right then and there that they're going to make it to the Super Bowl again. AFC teams piss their pants every time they go to Foxboro.

(Patriots have won their last 15 home games against AFC teams and, in the Belichick/Brady era, they're 19-3 at home in the postseason, and 8-0 since 2013. So, yeah.)

Except the Ravens, who are 2-2 and probably should be 4-0 at Foxboro in the playoffs. But even they are winless there since ‘12. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

My picks were all perfect. You don't know about them though, they're from another site.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Glad to see the Rams and Cowboys in classic sets. It's going to be a gorgeous game.

The Rams look wrong in navy/white. How they've considered eliminating their classic colors I don't get it, except maybe doing a needless change for change sake.

Archived