NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the Rams season didn't end at the hands of a Scott Linebaka-led offense.  That's a huge relief.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are the Cowboys at home?  I still have to LOL at this "beloved Rams" schtick.  Do they have any home games?

You obviously didn't watch the game :P

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I’m a HUGE Chargers fan tomorrow cause if they win, I’m cool with whatever the ultimate outcome is. That’s why they’ll lose by 28. 

You may be new to rooting for the Chargers but I see you're already familiar with our ways. Welcome, brother.

6 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

*prepares for the Ram It gifs*

There's really only *so* many Ram it gifs. I've run through them all several times. I'm actually now in the camp of "Motherf---er" Sean McVay gifs (of which there are two, one for pregame, and one for postgame.)

giphy.gif

And ah, what the hell, for old time's sake:

59ed59f2ca85d_RamItDance2.gif.b6939867e0054d54c4e1d48742195198.gif

NFC TITLE GAME. LET'S GO! RAM IT!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The possibilities of this season ending in a satisfactory way for myself are dwindling. Let me explain.

1. I have no possibility of cheering for an AFC team in the SB. I wouldve been more than happy to cheer for the Colts had they kept winning, but Alas.....

2. I hate NE with a passion, but it pales in comparison to my hatred of the Chargers (#1 on my list) and the Chefs (#2 on my list). At least if NE wins, it wouldn't be new and Id be used to it. Maybe TB would even retire. Thatd be cool.

I have no problem with any of the NFC teams left. Although I always root for the AFC in the Pro Bowl, I always end up cheering for the NFC in the big one (unless the Broncos are playing)

I wonder what other folks' loyalties are like once your team is eliminated

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

8 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

I’ll give you an insight into mine coming into yesterday. 

The only team team I truly hated was the Pats (obviously). Next on the list, but so far up that the “hatred” list is almost unrecognizable, is the Colts. Not really in a hate kind of way. More like a thank-goodness-it’s-not-New England-but-still-mildly-infuriating-because-it-means-the-Irsays-get-something-good kind of way. Next would be the Cowboys, again I like the players on the team for the most part but I’m definitely okay with Dallas not experiencing any kind of success. 

After that I literally don’t care. Kermit Mahomes is quickly becoming my favorite non-Ravens player. It’s be cool to see Rivers get his ring and I don’t really hold a grudge against LA for beating us, they’re a cool team. Plus I have to root for them because of their opponent. 

Always had had a soft spot for the Saints, I like Drew Brees and would enjoy seeing him win again. I don’t mind the Rams and it would be cool to see a 32 year old dunk on the rest of the league. To see Nick Foles go on another SB run might be the most hilarious thing that’s happened in the NFL in years. 

This is has been another episode of “Into the Mind of Crabcake.”

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

You obviously didn't watch the game :P

I watched the entire game.  If you think that sounded like a pro-Rams crowd, maybe you watched a game from the '70s on-demand by mistake?

There were certainly some Rams cheers, but there were louder cheers when Dallas converted 4th downs, when referee calls or reviews, went for the Cowboys, FGs, etc.  You didn't hear the boos (or at least lack of cheers) when Dak was called "in the grasp" when no Ram had touched him?

LA is just a destination for visiting fans.  I recognize that attendance doesn't necessarily reflect passion or support, but it must blow being a player when you're being heckled and flipped off in your own home stadium.  If the reigning-defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles are fortunate enough to advance to Los Angeles to play for the right to defend their Super Bowl championship in the Super Bowl, just wait to hear the crowd.  They might as well put artificial snow in the stadium because it'll be a road game for the Rams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Regarding the "in the grasp" call - could it be that since the Cowboy lineman grabbed Dak, the ref felt that Dak was vulnerable since he couldn't escape/run on his own if a Rams player were to line him up?  Maybe "in the grasp" was the wrong description, but I'm just trying to think of any way to justify the call.  It's not likely that the drive would have amounted to anything since that play was all busted up, but maybe it was called in the interest of safety?  I don't think that was nearly as bad as "no fumble recovery" (LOL here you go Cowboys, we gave you the game, don't mess it up) but that was a pretty horrible whistle if not for safety reasons.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

I just want the team who knocked out my team out ASAP. So, seeing the Rams (A team I loathe because they're good now and having taken the perch on top the NFC West) literally run all over the Cowboys last night made me feel good. The team who took out the Seahawks are out and all is good in my world. That's it.... I have no horse left in this race, so I'm just going to enjoy watching the games.

If Garrett isn't going to get fired, please; fire that [censored] moron in Linehan. FOR. THE. LOVE. OF. GOD.

Get rid of him, get rid of Moore, and keep Richard at all costs. Sure, Dallas stunk it up on Defense, but he's still going to be looked at for HC and DC positions.

Scott is a peon playing checkers against 4-dimensional chess and thinks he's Kasparov. God, even a fetus in the womb could predict Scott's gameplan. It's so mundane, and predictable, and he's too stubborn to admit he sucks eggs as a play caller; because that would mean he needs to admit something is wrong, and as I stated earlier, he's not going to do. He's too stubborn to do so.

And Jerry is perfectly okay with this craptastic cycle of mediocrity because that means he still has his almost despotic control over this franchise still. There's no one really around in the coaching staff to stand up to him. Garrett has no backbone whatsoever; he only exists as a puppet skin for Jerry to stick his hand into to make him speak. It was the same with Wade Phillips. He was the Jellyfish, basically only existing to call plays and stand on the sideline and try to pretend he knew what he was doing. Jerry can't accept the fact that there are people in the world who have just a big an ego as him. And it really bruised his ego when Jimmy got showered with all the praise for assembling the roster of the Cowboys that won those Super Bowls in the early to mid 90s. Yes, Jerry had a hand in the team building, but Jimmy was the one who orchestrated the Great Trade Robbery with Minnesota. He was the one who knew the hidden value of draft picks. and how to get the most out of them. Jerry basically was the one to write the checks. He's perfectly okay with the status quo, because, that means he's not going to be challenged for power any time soon.

[Censored] everything associated with this franchise. I should've known something like this was going to happen, because it always does. It always seems to find a way to come to fruition, and they find new ways each time to lose.

Thanks for getting my hopes up, and completely defecating on them, as per usual guys. Truly appreciate it.

[/endrant]

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I don’t really care about the NFL that much, but in basketball it’s Houston in the west (I was born there), and Not Miami* in the east.

*Little-brother-vs-big-brother style rivalry, like Sabres-Rangers/Islanders? Absolutely! They don’t give two :censored:s about us, but beating Miami is the ultimate goal of any Florida team not from there.

ExJworW.png

The possibilities of this season ending in a satisfactory way for myself are dwindling. Let me explain.

1. I have no possibility of cheering for an AFC team in the SB. I wouldve been more than happy to cheer for the Colts had they kept winning, but Alas.....

2. I hate NE with a passion, but it pales in comparison to my hatred of the Chargers (#1 on my list) and the Chefs (#2 on my list). At least if NE wins, it wouldn't be new and Id be used to it. Maybe TB would even retire. Thatd be cool.

I have no problem with any of the NFC teams left. Although I always root for the AFC in the Pro Bowl, I always end up cheering for the NFC in the big one (unless the Broncos are playing)

Sorry for you but Tom Brady isn’t retiring he’s stated multiple times this year he wants to play until he’s 45, or he sucks. Winning the Super Bowl means he’s neither of those things.

1 hour ago, willmorris said:

A silly thought; the last time the Saints lost a home playoff game... was to the Eagles, coached by Rich Kotite.

The last time the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles lost a playoff game, it was to the Saints... and the QB was Nick Foles 1.0 (coached by Chip Goddam Kelly!)

The SBCPE have lost the last 3 (maybe more) playoff games in which they were favored (at least 2010 vs Packers, 2008 vs Cardinals NFCCG, 2013 Saints) but have won the last four in which they were the underdog, including the Super Bowl, when they won the Super Bowl championship.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Regarding the "in the grasp" call - could it be that since the Cowboy lineman grabbed Dak, the ref felt that Dak was vulnerable since he couldn't escape/run on his own if a Rams player were to line him up?  Maybe "in the grasp" was the wrong description, but I'm just trying to think of any way to justify the call.  It's not likely that the drive would have amounted to anything since that play was all busted up, but maybe it was called in the interest of safety?  I don't think that was nearly as bad as "no fumble recovery" (LOL here you go Cowboys, we gave you the game, don't mess it up) but that was a pretty horrible whistle if not for safety reasons.

Former and current NFL players watching ripped the call:

But missed in the play was Dante Fowler touched Prescott's helmet in an attempt to grab the back of his jersey. It a penalty had been called, it would've been 15 yards and an automatic 1st Down at the LAR 21.

7f22kMz.jpg

Archived