NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a week of rooting for the Patriots (thank God I didn't watch that game), I'll go back to my usual hating next Sunday. Which means they'll win 14-12.

Saints will roll the Rams and proceed to lose in dramatic fashion to the Pats in the Super Bowl, because NE knows no one will watch a blowout Pats win in the Super Bowl.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The refs are working awfully hard to hand this game to the Eagles.

It would make sense for the league and networks for the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles to advance.  I only recall two obviously-bad calls though - one of which (roughing the passer against NO) the announcers said was an "easy call" even though I thought it was a terrible one (the other was a hold where the SBLIICPE player was already going down and was an absurd call.)  It certainly tilted against NO, though not as egregiously as other games I've seen.

I was surprised how well PI was called - they basically let them play.  The Eagles were once again playing guys that I literally had never heard of until today - and not just me - everyone around me was saying "who?" several times during the game.  Last season's injuries were absurd, but this season featured the most injuries I've ever seen a team withstand.  They got beat by a better team, and it's remarkable that had Alshon Jeffery caught that last ball that they would have been in position to win.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I didn’t get that at all. It sounded like a pretty decent home crowd for the Rams. 

Personally? I think you’re laying on the anti-LA heel schtick a bit thick.

Then again I always find praising/insulting the local crowd to be the worst sort of heat.  

1) I'm pro LA.  I was pro the move, and I've been consistent in saying that sports are better when there's good teams in big markets, and I hate it when teams exist just to provide road trip destinations for fans of the other team (that goes for MLB too.)  I want LA to work - I just laugh at the notion that the Rams are this beloved franchise that the region was begging to return home.  

2) I only recall one other thread where I've questioned the LA thing, and got into it with you, Gothamite, and maybe one other.  That's it.  You dismissing someone who disagrees with you as having a "schtick" is schtick that's a bit thick.

I know what I saw.  Buck even mentioned it at least once (I'm fairly certain more than once) when they came back from a time out and the cameras were showing the sections of Cowboy fans.  If it's on NFLNetwork, and you have literally nothing in the world better to do, watch it again.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I mean, Anderson ran hog wild, so it's not like you're going to see them tread out some no-name rookie or something.

You're depending on CJ Anderson, who looked like he was a beignet away from being 3 bills, a second week?

As @dfwabel pointed out, it's Tom Brady's 13th AFC title game. In honor of that I give you and ode to him, Friday The 13th style:

There's a legend 'round here

A dynasty buried but not dead

A curse on the NFL

A Patriots curse

A Tom Brady curse

They say he should retire

But he keeps coming back

Many have played against him

Many have tried to defeat him

No one can

People forget he's out there... waiting

26 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

You're depending on CJ Anderson, who looked like he was a beignet away from being 3 bills, a second week?

Yeah, he's not the best. But, if the Rams are forced to play catchup, they're going to lose. No team, outside of plucky Philadelphia, or a stifling Chicago team stood any semblance of a chance. The Eagles doinked their way out of Chicago, and kind of like the loss to Dallas, they lost off a heartbreaking deflection.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

The last half of that Eagles/Saints game is exactly why Nick Foles isn’t a starter. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

2) I only recall one other thread where I've questioned the LA thing, and got into it with you, Gothamite, and maybe one other.  That's it.  You dismissing someone who disagrees with you as having a "schtick" is schtick that's a bit thick.

I know what I saw.  Buck even mentioned it at least once (I'm fairly certain more than once) when they came back from a time out and the cameras were showing the sections of Cowboy fans.  If it's on NFLNetwork, and you have literally nothing in the world better to do, watch it again.  

When you say crap like “do the Rams have any home games?” and “they’re the Tampa Bay Rays of the NFL” then yeah, it’s a schtick. It’s hyperbolic to a ridiculous degree. 

Anyway I know what I saw and heard as well. The arena seemed pretty excited about big plays for the Rams. 

Was there a large contingent of Cowboys fans? Yeah, the Cowboys always travel well, regardless of market. So no shock there. Still, it’s not like Cowboys fans took over the stadium. 

15 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The last half of that Eagles/Saints game is exactly why Nick Foles isn’t a starter. 

Somebody’s going to massively overpay for him this offseason. He’s a system QB at best, and a guy who achieved Joe Flacco levels of postseason luck who’s floor is actually much lower than Flacco’s at worst. 

Although i gotta say I was kinda rooting for him to win the SB again, just because it would’ve been hilarious. He’ll always have a soft spot with me for what he did to the Pats last February, just like Joe will always have a soft spot with me for 2012. 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

When you say crap like “do the Rams have any home games?” and “they’re the Tampa Bay Rays of the NFL” then yeah, it’s a schtick. It’s hyperbolic to a ridiculous degree. 

Absolutely. Everyone knows the Chargers are the Tampa Bay Rays of the NFL. 

And as for Cowboys fans in LA, don’t the Cowboys summer there?

13 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Next Sunday will be Tom Brady's 13th AFC Championship Game....13th!

Not only that, but I saw a stat that this was his 28th post season win. Giving Brady one more postseason win than any other NFL QB has postseason starts. Let that one sink in...

9 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

just saying, Brady would have like one ring if he played in the NFC

Say what?

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

The cowboys players usually spend the offseason there starting in early January. 

3 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

They start training camp in nearby Oxnard, California. I believe they stay there through the first two weeks of the preseason before flying back to Arlington to practice in Frisco for the remainder of the preseason.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived